Holiday Contest - Win a Liberation Mini Starter Kit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjamin

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2008
North Carolina
i don't see it as exclusionary. takes a little effort and creativity but i think most people could find a way to participate if they were motivated to. if these are supposed to be professional quality then i withdraw my submission. but i think it's supposed to be fun.

i used a digital camera and some windows software that i found on my old pos computer (i guess it came w/xp). it took a couple hours to shoot and edit- mostly the editing because of never having done it before and my computer kept effin up. if nothing else, i got a goofy little video to show my friends.

the difference between a contest and a raffle is a contest gets people involved.
maybe next time have a short story contest. everybody has a keyboard.

Liberate_Yourself

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
U.S.
www.smokeliberation.com
i don't see it as exclusionary. takes a little effort and creativity but i think most people could find a way to participate if they were motivated to. if these are supposed to be professional quality then i withdraw my submission. but i think it's supposed to be fun.

i used a digital camera and some windows software that i found on my old pos computer (i guess it came w/xp). it took a couple hours to shoot and edit- mostly the editing because of never having done it before and my computer kept effin up. if nothing else, i got a goofy little video to show my friends.

the difference between a contest and a raffle is a contest gets people involved.
maybe next time have a short story contest. everybody has a keyboard.

Your submission was great.. It had us laughing, and we found it to be really creative.. in many ways.

Your explanation of the concept is right on. It will take a bit of effort, but they aren't supposed to be professional videos by any means. Submit anything you can guys, I think the little bit of effort is well worth the potential prizes.

benjamin

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2008
North Carolina
Where is it Benjamin?

on youtube. pretty easy to find w/ a little search. i didn't post it here because i don't know if Liberation is linking them to their website it being a promotional thing. you know, to get more traffic there....

how 'bout it Liberate_Yourself? do you have a preference?

slianfoxob

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2008
Bethlehem, PA
that was awesome keys. i didn't even think to use clips from other stuff. can I get a do over? lol

Also, Liberation, I know you'll be posting the winners tonight but will you be posting all the other entries as well. I'd love to see what everyone put together. I can't seem to find anyone else's except for Keys.

Foxy

Last edited:

Liberate_Yourself

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
U.S.
www.smokeliberation.com
As Mr. Burns would say: exxxcceeelent

Out of curiosity, did anyone note the song at the end? It is called 1985 by Paul McCartney. So appropriate symbolically as that is the year after 1984 and hence represents our freedom from anti-smoking tyranny. Just thought you'd like to know.

That is too funny! I never noticed that, but it makes sense! I can tell that you put a lot of thought into your video.. Great job!

P.S. What program did you use to animate the cigarette?

benjamin

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2008
North Carolina
wow, i'm honored! there's so many people i need to thank... smoke liberation for the wonderful opportunity...all the fantastic people on this forum......god......my very supportive wife (we did it baby!)......and.........oh, i promised myself i wouldn't cry!....

(note: if either my wife or god is reading this, the thanks are not necessarily given in order of importance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread