• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Holy cr*p! Kanger cartomizers kick ....!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lori68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2011
Maple Ridge, BC
I just got my order from evapers for the new kanger horizontal cartomizers. You can see both Jimmy and nicfitnation rave about them on youtube. I had to try it out for myself too and.....damn! It really is a nice vape!!!

My usual carto is the run of the mill boge LR but with these I get a much better experience. Boge cartos crackle, spit and make quite a bit of noise, but so far these kangers are a hell of a lot quieter. My only pv's I vape with are reo's and they also seem to feed pretty good from the bottom.

I'm only a couple of hours into my first kanger carto, so its still too early for my true impression to be honest. But if they continue to perform like this I'm sold!

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
The kangers I got look just like a regular boge and the only visual difference is inside you don't see a coil in the filler. I love how they soak up the juice right away and are vapable instantly. The vapor production is pretty impressive too. I can't wait to hear your impression too vipod

Will do....
......just converted another Canuck to vaping on elixirtv..we forced the host to giveaway an eGo...lol
:laugh:

going to bed now:closedeyes:

CityLights

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If you were using the Boge LR's then the Kanger will seem like piggies lapping up the juice. They shame the Boge for juice holding capacity and absorption. I'm calling them Pac-Man! It looks like they crammed more fiber in-between the center tube and the outer wall. Better fiber fill then Boge and compairable to Smoktech XL LR 1.7

Out of the foil package tray and un-juiced, I'm seeing 1.9 Ohms. The battery end has been reworked for increased air flow, fluted? most notable is the positive pin. They are noticeably warmer than the Boge or SmokTech LR510. I suspect they are using different nichrome wire for the coils or this horizontal design leads to hoter vape for the same Ohms of other cartos, these things can make Heat!

On a eGo Batt the top 3 Cartos I've tried are.
1. Kanger - Best vape, flavour, absorption and excellent holding capacity. Longest Life
2. Smoktech XL LR 1.7 - Good flavour and vape, holds a lot of juice. Long living
3. Boge LR - Poor absorption, Flavour OK, Fiber fluff up sooner blocking air flow. Shorter Life

Overall I'd say the 510 Kangers are well tuned for the regulated lower voltage of a Genuine eGo. On a fresh charged un-regulated LiPo measuring over 4.0Volts, they may be too hot! I found myself backing off from even approaching a chain vape.

Last edited:

CityLights

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
On a bottom feeding juice box I'm finding the Kanger to be a little problematic. You can get juice to the coil and it's wick but getting extra juice up into the filler isn't working for me. Thus I have to feed more often smaller amounts. For bottom feeding I'm still finding the Boge LR's to be the best followed by the Smoketech's.

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
Ordered and received the Kanger 510 horizontal coil cartos from Elektrajuice and Health cabin.
The ones from Electrajuice have the painted tubes and soft caps.
The ones from Health cabin have paper wrap on the tubes and hard caps.
The box and blister packaging from both sources are identical.
Internally both cartos are the same and have the same performance, taste, draw and metered in at 1.8-2.0 ohm's.

I tried the Boge cartos and unfortunately didn't like the taste and while I do like the CE2's they require some work to get them to work properly.
These Kanger horizontal coil cartomizers have good taste, throat hit, and warm vapor without needing to do a primer puff.

I have used them on both my Alpha and eGo(Joye and non-Joye) and they work on both equally well, but I do prefer them using the Alpha or non-Joye eGo's since they give a bit of a harder hit.

All in all I would recommend these cartos for simplicity of use and performance, haven't had them long enough yet to judge on longevity yet.

All the best,
Wing.

*Edit*
Confirmed with HealthCabin that the Kanger 510 bottom coil cartos they are carrying will not be enamel coat or soft caps.

Last edited:

CityLights

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The ones from Heaven Gift are also the newer soft caps. You can find the 510 threaded ones hidden under the KR808D-1 section. With the China National Holiday sale you can get 25% off and with the forum coupon code Cvpforum another 5% off. That's $4.20 a pack :p and $3.99 each if you buy 10 boxes

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
The ones from Heaven Gift are also the newer soft caps. You can find the 510 threaded ones hidden under the KR808D-1 section. With the China National Holiday sale you can get 25% off and with the forum coupon code Cvpforum another 5% off. That's $4.20 a pack :p and $3.99 each if you buy 10 boxes

Saw that, had a cart ready to go.
Unfortunately the screen on my touch screen phone decided to stop working last night so need those funds for a new phone.

Wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread