Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
“Why we don’t allow drug talk.”

Nicotine is a drug. It’s talked about here as a matter of the very nature of the site.

That’s what I was pointing out.

OK so I should find a Baking enthusiast forum and start posting about deep frying turkeys.. Both are food afterall.

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A clip out of the "why we don't allow drug talk" policy.

" There is no chance whatsoever that ECF will allow drug references of any kind unless/until the drug mentioned is 100% federally legal for consumer use in both the USA and EU. Even then we will review the implications. "

Zero hypocrisy,
unless your entire existence is based upon arguing with anyone over levels of meaningless nothingness.

I agree. ECF is a private forum which has a TOS (terms of service) policy that is strictly enforced. Abide by the rules (TOS) or else...

48a5a9537b333ba4fb900272e8c71213_w200.gif

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Nicotine may be a drug....but it's a legal one that doesn't make people drive 12 mph in the passing lane. Nope, no hypocrisy. Nice try though.

The effects aren’t relevant.

I agree. ECF is a private forum which has a TOS (terms of service) policy that is strictly enforced. Abide by the rules (TOS) or else...

48a5a9537b333ba4fb900272e8c71213_w200.gif

Did anyone suggest breaking the site’s TOS? Nope.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
LOL...
Hear! Hear!

Do I know you? No. So you’re attacking me... why?

Look, I get that the distinction is federal law. That wasn’t what I was pointing out. My point was that the language on that page could (and should) be clearer. It was NOT my intent to suggest that the mods are wrong or that anyone should violate the TOS.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia

Look, I get that the distinction is federal law. That wasn’t what I was pointing out. My point was that the language on that page could (and should) be clearer. It was NOT my intent to suggest that the mods are wrong or that anyone should violate the TOS.
I get your point...but it's an adult site. When they say "no drug talk", it seems an adult would be able to decipher what they mean....unless they just want to split hairs for sport.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Did anyone suggest breaking the site’s TOS? Nope.
Starting a new thread that deals in general with the subject of "drug talk" is automatically a break in the TOS. Just don't do it or face the consequences. First offense will likely be a warning from the moderators. Repeat offenses will probably result in a ban from the forum.

I am not attacking you or your opinion. I believe the TOS concerning "drug talk" is quite clear. Your insistance that nicotine is a drug and somehow violates the "no drug talk" is splitting hairs since e-cigarettes are known to contain nicotine.

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The personal swipe was not necessary.

I didn't quote your post, on purpose.

No matter how you interpreted it, I had no intent of taking a personal swipe at anyone in particular, one reason I didn't quote your response.

Something about if the shoe fits and the hen that laid the egg and all.... no matter who that shoe fits or which hen is cackling.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Starting a new thread that deals in general with the subject of "drug talk" is automatically a break in the TOS. Just don't do it or face the consequences. First offense will likely be a warning from the moderators. Repeat offenses will probably result in a ban from the forum.

I am not attacking you or your opinion. I believe the TOS concerning "drug talk" is quite clear. Your insistance that nicotine is a drug and somehow violates the "no drug talk" is splitting hairs since e-cigarettes are known to contain nicotine.

I didn’t start the thread.

Reactions: stols001

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
I get your point...but it's an adult site. When they say "no drug talk", it seems an adult would be able to decipher what they mean....unless they just want to split hairs for sport.

It’s just a simple observation. This is a site all about a drug. Nicotine.

• Creative
Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Did I claim otherwise? Nope.
The defensiveness level in this thread is out of proportion to the comment I made. Relax, everyone.
Let's all drop the subject. This thread should be closed or moved to the "Not Recommended" section which exists in another universe.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
It’s just a simple observation. This is a site all about a drug. Nicotine.
It is. But if you read Why we don't allow drug talk with even a modicum of care, you'll see that the restriction is quite plainly against discussing illegal and/or illicit drugs, and the drug that the OP is interested is currently still a Schedule I substance on the federal level in the USA.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA

Narrow..so very narrow.
How is agreeing with @Topwater Elvis 's comment that there is "Zero hypocrisy unless somebody's entire existence is based upon arguing with anyone over levels of meaningless nothingness." an attack???

Might it perhaps be that the glass slipper fits?
Moreover, I fail to see what my knowing you or not has to do with
my agreement with Elvis.

However, while I haven't had the dubious pleasure of "knowing you" nor do I want to,
I have read you meaningless arguments in the outside and know you to be quite argumentative about silly and usually irrelevant topics.

Take the stupid question asked by the OP and the even stupider assertion that
it is hypocrisy of the ECF rules to permit discussion of a LEGAL subject (which is under threat of being made illegal) but not permit the discussion of an ILLEGAL subject for many reasons, the main one being the posible association of one legal subject with an illegal one.

While nicotine is a chemical considered to be a drug it is legal.
It would be hypocrisy to permit discussion of nicotine containing cigarettes
but prohibit the discussion of ecig vaping.
But in your attempt to turn a stupid question asked by an obvious *** head into an argument over "meaningless nothingness" you compare apples to oranges
and make your intent evident.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Thread closed due to the nature of the discussion.

As was pointed out, what the OP would like to discuss is still an illegal drug by the governments standards. Even though it is becoming legalized in more individual states, it isn't in all of them.

Nicotine is a drug as well as other Legal drugs, such as medications, which are ok as long as they aren't being used in illegal ways.

There is no hypocrisy going on. Read the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread