Horrible harsh feeling in throat and bad taste even on low wattage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpico_Beard

Jul 3, 2017
Hi, i just joined the forum because i couldn't find any help with this anywhere.
I've been using the same e cig for about 6 months now (cool fire 4) and a liquid which is 70 vg/30 pg without any problems but lately it's been really harsh to vape with even on a low wattage and if i change the coil it's nice and smooth for a day or 2 and then becomes really harsh again. Is it the coil? The liquid? It's really annoying me because i've never had any problems with this set up before.
I asked for advice in my regular vaping shop and the woman working there had no clue at all.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Not enough info. What kind of device are you using? If it's a variable voltage or variable wattage device, my first recommendation would be to replace the coil and then back the power WAY DOWN. Start at the minimum and work your way up to a comfortable level.

The other factor is the type of atomizer you're using. An older atomizer with thin, short wicks just can't move a lot of liquid through the system, especially after they've been in use for a while. Combine an inefficient wicking system with high power delivery and you get a burnt taste.

Reactions: Tonee N

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um... the only thing I can think of (besides not priming the coil correctly, and gradually raising the wattage) is that you may not have manufacturer coils, but cheap knockoffs? It happens. Also, could there potentially be a short in your mod somewhere that is causing higher wattages than you think you are using? What, exactly did the woman at the shop *do* with your mod prior to declaring her lack of knowledge? Additionally, you might have gotten some different coils (you don't say your tank, so I'm unsure) for example, I recently accidentally (I guess) purchased what I thought was a bunch of 1.8 coils (that go with my tank) and what arrived was a set of 0.7 coils... I wouldn't have noticed except that I typically make sure what the coil reads at on my device as well as making sure I'm not getting the dreaded "Attomiser check" by not screwing in my coil completely before filling it with juice?

Probably, more infomation is needed from you, and even then the answer might be ??????send to manufacturer, but make sure you've checked all that stuff out, that seems an odd reaction and if it's not a coil issue, I'm going to suggest you send your mod to the manufacturer to be checked out, as that seems an odd event.

Anna

Reactions: listopencil

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Um... the only thing I can think of (besides not priming the coil correctly, and gradually raising the wattage) is that you may not have manufacturer coils, but cheap knockoffs? It happens. Also, could there potentially be a short in your mod somewhere that is causing higher wattages than you think you are using? What, exactly did the woman at the shop *do* with your mod prior to declaring her lack of knowledge? Additionally, you might have gotten some different coils (you don't say your tank, so I'm unsure) for example, I recently accidentally (I guess) purchased what I thought was a bunch of 1.8 coils (that go with my tank) and what arrived was a set of 0.7 coils... I wouldn't have noticed except that I typically make sure what the coil reads at on my device as well as making sure I'm not getting the dreaded "Attomiser check" by not screwing in my coil completely before filling it with juice?

Probably, more infomation is needed from you, and even then the answer might be ??????send to manufacturer, but make sure you've checked all that stuff out, that seems an odd reaction and if it's not a coil issue, I'm going to suggest you send your mod to the manufacturer to be checked out, as that seems an odd event.

Anna

Just a few weeks ago I ordered a box of MTL 1.0 Ohm coils for my EVOD Pro and was sent 0.15 Ohm TC coils by mistake. I don't know what would have happened if I tried to use them, but it wouldn't have been good. So, yeah, it happens.

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi, i just joined the forum because i couldn't find any help with this anywhere.
I've been using the same e cig for about 6 months now (cool fire 4) and a liquid which is 70 vg/30 pg without any problems but lately it's been really harsh to vape with even on a low wattage and if i change the coil it's nice and smooth for a day or 2 and then becomes really harsh again. Is it the coil? The liquid? It's really annoying me because i've never had any problems with this set up before.
I asked for advice in my regular vaping shop and the woman working there had no clue at all.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could read below, it may give you a hint as to the many possible causes of your problem.
Might like to read:
http://diyordievaping.com/2016/02/26/why-is-my-ejuice-harsh-beginner-diy-ejuice-tips/
Allergies, Conditions and E-Liquid - The Complete Guide to E-Cig Safety
Wattage vs. Flavor | E-Cigarette Forum
How to adjust your base to reduce that peppery harsh Nicotine taste | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: Tonee N

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
After reading the other suggestions if your still sure everything is the exact same it could be your juice as well. I've had 6mg juice in the past that was higher then 6mg for sure or maybe they changed the recipe and added to much sweetner which will kill coils in a few days for sure. If a vape shop made it anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread