The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How about a "vape pen"?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by mobocracy, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mobocracy

mobocracy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2013
    Minneapolis
    I love stealth vaping at work. I find an 808 auto battery with a cartomizer works pretty well from a stealth perspective and the fact that that it doesn't produce quite the vapor volume as other solutions kind of works towards the stealth factor, too.

I've been thinking the next step is to hack a pen so that I can stick an 808 auto battery and a cartomizer inside. That way I can just leave the pen sitting out on the desk next to me, hold it in my hand, etc and not have to be worried about leaving it out and having someone saying "Hey, what's that?"

The only thing that throws me is that most writing pens are a little too small to fit an 808 setup into, although I'm sure there are larger ones that would work if I looked around Office Max or the like. A highlighter or a Sharpie would work, but I'd like to avoid something with a cap that had to be removed or put back on to work or maintain stealth. The only other obstacle seems to be coming up with some kind of gasket-type thing to seal the mouthpiece against so that you draw through the carto and not just around it. Maybe a cartomizer cap could be siliconed or attached with sugru on the inside, using a cocktail straw to position it and keep the the draw hole open until the adhesive set, with another cap to hold it centered near the end but with the cap end snipped off to allow the airflow necessary for the battery to cycle.

I guess it's time to hit the Office Supply store to find a pen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. devauto

devauto Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2013
    NoVA
    Why not buy a "pen" styled setup?

3. mobocracy

Oct 21, 2013
    Minneapolis
    Do they make them? I haven't seen one, but then again, I haven't looked specifically.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. devauto

Mar 13, 2013
    NoVA
  5. BmoreDoug

BmoreDoug Full Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Baltimore MD
    I don't think there is any that look exactly like a ball point pen but I could be wrong. I often am. This would be interesting to see. If you construct it, let us know how it works out. It would be nice to have a click pen in certain situations that was actually a PV.

6. BmoreDoug

BmoreDoug Full Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Baltimore MD
    Like I said, I am often wrong.

7. devauto

Mar 13, 2013
    NoVA
  8. hazarada

hazarada Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2013
    buttville
    pretty sure there was a kind of can mod for this very purpose, forgot what the site was but they even had an option for you to send a soft drink/beer can to them and they would fit a pv inside. Personally i'd go for a bleach bottle, the stares alone would be worth it.

9. Wickeddeuce

Wickeddeuce Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2013
    JBLM
    i believe you are talking about sincity vapes hazarada... i am not positive but... 16 ounce cans is this what you were looking for?

if so you would need to keep it in your hand or out of sight most of the time... considering the obnoxious button on the side

10. mobocracy

Oct 21, 2013
    Minneapolis
    I don't really want a different vaping device -- the 808 works fine for the situation I use it in, I have plenty of batteries, the blank cartos I fill work great, etc. I just want a pen "shell" to put it in.

I could probably find one of those little metal pocket clips that are removable from some pens and put it on my stainless 808 battery and just put the pen cap over the carto end, but the end would still glow blue.

But I think it would be better to have the entire thing contained by the pen, I just need to find the right pen. Off to Office Depot over lunch to shop for pens!

11. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
  12. Credo

Credo Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2011
    MS
    You could probably just get an 808 long battery, use the tip of some screw apart pen or another as the drip tip, and find a cap that fits over it all.

The 801 is also kind of pen like. I've enjoyed 801 atties for ages now (still do for dripping cinnamon bombs on my mods even tho' it's old stuff). I've always used them with an 901/808>801 adapter on 808 long auto batteries. I liked the 808 batteries better because they came off the charger at 4.2v instead of 3.7v. I also have several 808 chargers laying around already :)

The 801 actually works pretty well from the stock cartridges too (unlike 901/501 carts that don't hold much nor perform so well).

Here is a simple google image search showing pen-style models that are out and about....
    https://www.google.com/search?q=leo+pen+ecig&client=opera&hs=k7c&channel=suggest&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=bDGvUubpNcmS2AWou4DYCQ&ved=0CGMQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=880

Using the key-word "LEO" seems to pick up lots of hits for pen-style systems.

13. skakid812

skakid812 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    Texas
    These look new, saw them the other day, not sure if its what your looking for but its still neat. FBC Clearomizers

14. mobocracy

Oct 21, 2013
    Minneapolis
    FWIW, a trip to Office Depot didn't find me any click-type pen candidates that would work. They were all too small in diameter. I may have to settle for a Sharpie until I can find a "fat" click pen of the right diameter and length.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.