How do you mark stainless cartomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobocracy

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Minneapolis
I like to use an 808 stick battery for stealth vapes and fill blank stainless cartos. I use about 3 different flavors of juice and like to keep 2-3 filled cartos of each flavor on hand.

What can you use to mark stainless cartos so you know what's what? I've tried two different pens, a Sharpie "Industrial Super Permanent Ink" pen and an expensive little Sakura Microperm I bought at an art supply store that's supposed to be permanent on non-porous surfaces. The Sakura starts out seeming permanent -- I write on the carto, let it dry for few minutes and a finger on the writing produces no smears and the ink seems permanent. After pocketing it and using it, I notice the ink is just gone. I've written way past where my lips go, so I'm pretty sure I'm not licking it off..

My guess is there may be VG/PG residue on the carto itself which is keeping the ink from fully setting. I haven't tried marking them before filling, so maybe that would help.

What has worked well has been using Brother P-touch labels, but it's so putzy to enter, print, and then snip with scissors small enough fit on the carto. But they stay on.

Is there a pen that will write on a stainless carto? I suppose I could use little dot stickers and write on them, but I'm not sure they would stick as well as the P-touch labels which seem to hold like magic in a lot of conditions.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
what works good for me (as mentioned)

is blue painters tape / sharpie (surprised even holds up to hot water washing)

and sharpie covered with scotch tape

- - - -

'white out' etches into the metal - * warning * it doesn't come off easy !!!! (if at all)
if you try, use toothpick dipped in, then maybe a dot system
(I've used it on some very hard metal surfaces and never get it off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread