The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How do you mark stainless cartomizers?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by mobocracy, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mobocracy

mobocracy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2013
    Minneapolis
    I like to use an 808 stick battery for stealth vapes and fill blank stainless cartos. I use about 3 different flavors of juice and like to keep 2-3 filled cartos of each flavor on hand.

What can you use to mark stainless cartos so you know what's what? I've tried two different pens, a Sharpie "Industrial Super Permanent Ink" pen and an expensive little Sakura Microperm I bought at an art supply store that's supposed to be permanent on non-porous surfaces. The Sakura starts out seeming permanent -- I write on the carto, let it dry for few minutes and a finger on the writing produces no smears and the ink seems permanent. After pocketing it and using it, I notice the ink is just gone. I've written way past where my lips go, so I'm pretty sure I'm not licking it off..

My guess is there may be VG/PG residue on the carto itself which is keeping the ink from fully setting. I haven't tried marking them before filling, so maybe that would help.

What has worked well has been using Brother P-touch labels, but it's so putzy to enter, print, and then snip with scissors small enough fit on the carto. But they stay on.

Is there a pen that will write on a stainless carto? I suppose I could use little dot stickers and write on them, but I'm not sure they would stick as well as the P-touch labels which seem to hold like magic in a lot of conditions.

2. Thunderball

Thunderball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2013
    Grayson, Georgia
    Use a Brother label maker. Ive kept 12 Carto's full of diff juices. The Label maker stickers wont come off of glass or stainless....wheather it be juice, hot water or the fridge or freezer. :toast:

3. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's not very attractive, but tape works. I've used masking tape and electrical tape; I'm sure duct tape would work. Tape doesn't stick to the condoms though, just the metal.

4. Myrany

Myrany Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    I use painters tape on my clearos and DIY juice bottles. Easy to write on and peels off without a residue when I need to change it.

5. Thunderball

Thunderball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2013
    Grayson, Georgia
    You label your Condoms ? :D

6. Wow1420

Wow1420 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere out there
    Try covering the Sharpie mark with a piece of Scotch tape?

7. Amiaji

Amiaji Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2013
    North Carolina
    This is the only way I have gotten any writing to stay on a tank.

8. mobocracy

mobocracy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2013
    Minneapolis
    That's an idea that hadn't occured to me. Faster than the Brother labeler because there's no trimming necessary.

Maybe there's a business opportunity in all this, selling custom laser engraved cartomizers.

9. thatguy2

thatguy2 Moved On

Oct 24, 2013
  10. spaceballsrules

spaceballsrules Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2011
    Cary, NC
    I cut up blank mailing labels to size with an Xacto knife. Works like a charm.

11. Burn14me

Burn14me Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2013
    El paso Texas
    Try a mean streak marker

12. always9988

always9988 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2013
    Hicktown, OH
    I use a nail polish pen (meant for small designs)... It still comes off sometimes if it ends up getting juice on it for long but works for the most part for me

13. bcalvanese

bcalvanese Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I use different color tips for each flavor.

14. pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    what works good for me (as mentioned)

is blue painters tape / sharpie (surprised even holds up to hot water washing)

and sharpie covered with scotch tape

- - - -

'white out' etches into the metal - * warning * it doesn't come off easy !!!! (if at all)
    if you try, use toothpick dipped in, then maybe a dot system
    (I've used it on some very hard metal surfaces and never get it off)

15. Dusif

Dusif Super Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2013
    Denmark
    Write on the carto and then give it a layer of clear nail polish...
    Never tried it byt i think it would hold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. fernicus

fernicus Guest

Oct 27, 2013
    Maryland
    i get the little colored dot stickers that people use for like yard sales, write the name of the juice on it and use a piece of clear packing tape to cover it so juice doesn't ruin it

17. BernieVideo

BernieVideo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    NoHo El Lay CA
    Scratch it with a knife or needle.
    Or buy a $2K laser engraver

Tapatalking with my thumbs.
    Join the CASAA.
    Protect your Vaping Rights!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.