How did you coil/wick/cotton your tank today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
As new to vaping, I would like to start a thread where we can share experiences with different coiling/wicking our tanks.
I quit smoking nearly 2 month ago and found vaping as full replacement for cigarettes and pipe tobacco.
In the beginning, I made mistakes by purchasing wrong/useless tanks and mods.
In a very short time, I was sitting with quite a lot :)
I should have listened to the public recommendations from the beginning, but couldn't resist my curiosity.
I'm a mouth to lung vaper and enjoy my Kayfun 5 very much.
Never the less, I experiment with different coils, wicking and cotton combinations.
I read elsewhere, that the best flavor achievement comes with the drip tanks, so I started and enjoy it too.
I prefer a lot of cotton in my tanks, without blocking the juice flow. It gives me a lot of vapour and this is what I like.
Here is my today's vape on my recently purchased Reload.

Reload_0135_zpsrxlyufpu.jpg

Reactions: KayP

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
As new to vaping, I would like to start a thread where we can share experiences with different coiling/wicking our tanks.
I quit smoking nearly 2 month ago and found vaping as full replacement for cigarettes and pipe tobacco.
In the beginning, I made mistakes by purchasing wrong/useless tanks and mods.
In a very short time, I was sitting with quite a lot :)
I should have listened to the public recommendations from the beginning, but couldn't resist my curiosity.
I'm a mouth to lung vaper and enjoy my Kayfun 5 very much.
Never the less, I experiment with different coils, wicking and cotton combinations.
I read elsewhere, that the best flavor achievement comes with the drip tanks, so I started and enjoy it too.
I prefer a lot of cotton in my tanks, without blocking the juice flow. It gives me a lot of vapour and this is what I like.
Here is my today's vape on my recently purchased Reload.

Reload_0135_zpsrxlyufpu.jpg

I retired tanks quite a while ago now, but that is a lot of cotton! I'd use less than half of that on any of my rta's.

Reactions: KayP

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Thanks for the advice.
Well, I used to be a heavy smoker (cigarettes and pipe tobacco), so now I get "the hit" by a lot of vape and still quite a lot of nicotine (8-10mg/ml). When I use less cotton, it burns out very quickly ...

Sounds like you aren't positioning the wicks in the optimum place so that you aren't getting the flow of juice as you should. More wick doesn't mean more juice.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Great!
For which tank/atomizer?
Which thread? How many wraps? What ohm did you end up with?
Tank = Kangertech Toptank mini
Coil = Kangertech Mini RBA plus (came in the topbox mini kit along with the tank & a mod)
Resistance (as stated on the mod) = 1.65Ω
Wire = 1.7Ω NR-R-NR pre-welded with the R part = Kanthal
$3.32 Authentic Kanthal Nichrome Pre-made Welded Wires - NR-R-NR (100-Pack) 100-pack - 0.2mm*95m / 1.7ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Wraps = maybe 5? I just wrapped the "R" part of the wire around a screwdriver that fit through the included pre-coiled wire which was probably 2.5-3mm diameter. I didn't have to worry about this since the resistance was already predetermined.
Wicking material = some organic cotton that came in the topbox mini kit

Reactions: Winblows

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
Tank = Kangertech Toptank mini
Coil = Kangertech Mini RBA plus (came in the topbox mini kit along with the tank & a mod)
Resistance (as stated on the mod) = 1.65Ω
Wire = 1.7Ω NR-R-NR pre-welded with the R part = Kanthal
$3.32 Authentic Kanthal Nichrome Pre-made Welded Wires - NR-R-NR (100-Pack) 100-pack - 0.2mm*95m / 1.7ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Wraps = maybe 5? I just wrapped the "R" part of the wire around a screwdriver that fit through the included pre-coiled wire which was probably 2.5-3mm diameter. I didn't have to worry about this since the resistance was already predetermined.
Wicking material = some organic cotton that came in the topbox mini kit
Nice tank! :)
R0019513_1024x1024.JPG

I assume, the deck is:
R0017647_1024x1024.JPG

It looks like you made a good buy here! Plenty of space on the deck for this kind of RBA and 4ml is nice for a "carrier".
Is it leaking while carrying around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread