How do I change E-liquids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linus616

Jun 6, 2016
Grove City, Ohio
Hello Justin,

To answer your first question what I do is just clean out the tank. You really don't want to get the cotton and atomizers soaked with soap and water. Some people will soak the tank in alcohol also. A bit more expensive I know but this will also give you some more freedom. Extra coils are always good to have around because you never know what could happen and it is good to change them out every so often.

The important thing is to find what works best for you. Like, if you plan on switching flavors often it may be a good idea to snag an extra tank or 2. This way you can just grab and go, but that is a bit more costly. I wish you the best of luck and I really hope the eGo One VT works out for you.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
If you're exploring liquids, it may be convenient to have a couple tanks...
You CAN switch flavors when you refill, but for a while, you'll taste a blend of the two - but that's not always bad, just pick flavors that go together!
I wouldn't try to wash the flavor out of a coil. In theory you could, but I never found it worth the effort.
You should indeed probably get some extra coils - they can last a week or a month, or you could screw up, dry-hit it, and burn one on your first try. LOL.
Maybe get the CLR - and learn to rebuild 'em!

Reactions: ScandaLeX

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Absolutely get extra coils. You do not want to run out.

As far as eliquids go, I just refill my tank with a new flavor. I try to get the old flavor down as much as I can without getting to the point where I burn the coil, and just top off with the new flavor. You will get a blend of the 2 flavors for a bit, and then the new flavor will kick in. Since I tend to vape mainly bakery/cream/custard style eliquids, I have not had any major problems changing flavors this way.

Reactions: champions

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If the flavors are similar, you can simply empty the tank and rinse it (except for the coil), reassemble, and fill it with your new juice. The taste of the first juice still on the coil should be gone after several puffs. If you use a rebuildable, simply clean out and rewick with new cotton if you do not want flavors to meld.

When I change flavors, I pour what little is left in the tank back into the bottle it came from.
If the new flavor is not compatible with the old, I'll take the tank off the mod, fill with water, give it a few shakes, and pour it on the ground or down the sink. This does not seem to hurt the coil, in my experience, and gets MOST of the old juice out of the cotton. After rinsing, I take the tank apart, and dry off the parts with a paper towel or something (including the coil), then reassemble with the same coil or a new one. (the shaking with water and the coil in place also helps a stubborn coil fully load with juice. I had a TFV4 triple burner coil that would not juice up properly until the water shake. My guess is the cotton was too dry in places to wick the juice).
If the flavors are compatible, I'll either mix them, or dump the old, if I'm out of that flavor.
Normally, it only takes 8 to 12 puffs (depending on coil, Ccell ceramic may take a few puffs more than a cotton coil) to get rid of the old flavor or bring in the mixed flavors.

Multipul tanks (and mods) is the way to go if (like me) you like different flavors during the day. I have 7 mods with tanks, all ready to go, with different flavors in each. Going to get an 8th later today. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Down-Time

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I like to keep my flavors separate. Just like beer, I just don't mix them in a glass.

I really like the advantage of have more than one topper. I can have different flavors loaded so I can change quickly. My taste buds get tired of a flavor rather quick. I just take the topper off and put a different one on.

Justin Seth

Jul 5, 2016
The ego one vt comes with 3 different coils. If I were to switch flavors, I could have a specific coil for a specific flavor since I'm only starting with a few different flavors of E-Juices. Also I am getting Milkman Churrios, and Local 773 Uptown E-Juice. I think they might be okay blending. Churrios is a Churros, sugar, cinnamon, and milk. The other one is Raspberry, Cream, and Cheesecake. Hopefully good enough at least.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
It looks like that mod does not have a rebuildable atomizer option. So, for the easiest way to change flavors, without having a dozen little baggies with used atomizer heads for each flavor all over your desk.. I would wait until your tank is empty or nearly empty, remove the tank, rinse with warm water, you can use regular dish soap if you want, but rinse well to get any soap out. JUST rinse the tank, not the atomizer head. Shake out excess water, blow out any you can by blowing through the mouth piece with the tank off the mod. Don't worry if there is a speck of water inside, it won't make a difference.
Put the tank back on the leaving the atomizer in place. Turn the wattage (power) down as low as you can while still getting vapor, and vape it until it tastes "cottony". You'll know when you taste it.. kind of like how the cotton your dentist uses tastes. The low power is so you only burn off the juice in the wick, without burning the actual wick. Once you get the cottony taste, just fill with the new flavor. There will be a slight taste of the old flavor, which you probably won't even notice anyway.
I use this method when changing flavors sometimes, usually I just add the new flavor to the empty tank, and don't bother with the rinsing.

Unfortunately, the link to your mod was removed in the original post, so I had to actually google the mod you had. It's hard to give advice on how to or what to do, if you don't know what the poster has to work with.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
I like to keep my flavors separate. Just like beer, I just don't mix them in a glass.

I really like the advantage of have more than one topper. I can have different flavors loaded so I can change quickly. My taste buds get tired of a flavor rather quick. I just take the topper off and put a different one on.
You obviously don't wash your own glasses. LOL. I know what you mean though.

I will actually mix different juices on purpose.. For example, I have one Ripple Ice Cream and will mix it with Fruit Explosion. The ripple is a caramel, and the fruit is heavily apple/pear... the result.. candy apple flavor.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Ego One VT does have rebuildable coils. Normal are CL rebuildable are CL-R. Like I say, you can just change the cotton out easy. Save them till your ready to rebuild they cost the exact same as CL coils and come in all the same type (Ni,Ti,0.5,1.0) obviously you can rebuild them all with whatever you like except the 1.0 Ohm MTL has a MTL bottom rest are DTL.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have tanks that are dedicated to different flavors and rarely do more than a quick wash with water but I keep deserts, fruits and tobaccos in separate tanks so switching to a different e-Liquid is not a problem. I use Nautilus Minis for my everyday tanks and have other Sub Ohm and RDA/RDTA tanks but for those I basically keep the same flavor profile in them.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Ego One VT does have rebuildable coils. Normal are CL rebuildable are CL-R. Like I say, you can just change the cotton out easy. Save them till your ready to rebuild they cost the exact same as CL coils and come in all the same type (Ni,Ti,0.5,1.0) obviously you can rebuild them all with whatever you like except the 1.0 Ohm MTL has a MTL bottom rest are DTL.
I'll say you are probably right, all i could do was a quick look over on the website, I didn't look to closely at the coils included. CL-R is pretty good to know. Like DVD-R. Hopefully, someday manufacturers will get the same idea about formatting. Like adding the R to rebuildable coil heads. This is the first I have heard of this.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I'll say you are probably right, all i could do was a quick look over on the website, I didn't look to closely at the coils included. CL-R is pretty good to know. Like DVD-R. Hopefully, someday manufacturers will get the same idea about formatting. Like adding the R to rebuildable coil heads. This is the first I have heard of this.
Most all coils are rebuildable but these are designed to be. Build the exact same as old EVOD/ProTank coils except the top part on these unscrew. (evod/PT's the top pops off) other coils you need pliers to get the top off but the bottoms are generally the same, just pull out the insulted pin. I been using the same 5 pack for more then 6 months and 2 are still unopened, $17.99 here + maybe $3 of wire and cotton.

JMC17

Sep 5, 2016
Canada, Quebec
Just like Linus616 said, don't soap up the atomizer.

Personally I unscrew my tank and take it apart (I remove the top, the bottom, the tip and the atomizer)
I then rinse it the tank parts (not the atomizer) with tap water until it doesn't smell anymore.
Then I dry it with cold air using a fan, usually takes about 30 mins to an hour.

I put the atomizer in a bowl with room temperature water and leave it overnight (8hrs+) then in the morning I take it out and put it on water absorbent paper and leave it there until the day after (~24hrs)

When you have multiple atomizers, you don't have to worry about leaving it to dry for an entire day since you always have one, somewhere, that is already dry.

Using alcohol to disinfect might be a good thing, at least from time to time but usually a rinse is more than enough.
I personally don't use alcohol since it evaporates quicker than water and cost a lot more!
Also don't use rubbing alcohol, only use vodka or an alcohol that is safe for consumption.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Just like Linus616 said, don't soap up the atomizer.

Personally I unscrew my tank and take it apart (I remove the top, the bottom, the tip and the atomizer)
I then rinse it the tank parts (not the atomizer) with tap water until it doesn't smell anymore.
Then I dry it with cold air using a fan, usually takes about 30 mins to an hour.

I put the atomizer in a bowl with room temperature water and leave it overnight (8hrs+) then in the morning I take it out and put it on water absorbent paper and leave it there until the day after (~24hrs)

When you have multiple atomizers, you don't have to worry about leaving it to dry for an entire day since you always have one, somewhere, that is already dry.

Using alcohol to disinfect might be a good thing, at least from time to time but usually a rinse is more than enough.
I personally don't use alcohol since it evaporates quicker than water and cost a lot more!
Also don't use rubbing alcohol, only use vodka or an alcohol that is safe for consumption.
Soap and water will disinfect also. I mean, we've been washing our dishes in it for decades and nobody died. lol. I actually only use alcohol on my external metal parts, like the 510 screw threads and 510 hole, and the +pin on my reg mod. And of course, on everything that isn't rubber or plastic on my mech mod.

I find, that just draining the tank back into the bottle and adding new juice to whatever is left is fine. The juice in the wick is gone in a couple puffs, and I also stick to the same range of flavors, like caramel, fruit, pastry, and cream or custard. Which all mix rather well anyway. Damn.. getting a craving for pastry and fruit, with caramel and whipped cream.. Guess i need to pick up some bananas and coconut and whip out a couple pies. And maybe order a new computer chair for my expanding...

Reactions: JMC17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread