How do I join?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kristin and angusATAT, congratulations! You're the newest members of CASAA!

CASAA is going to be whatever we make it, and by "we" I mean those of us who are discussing it here. Once we establish our basic articles and bylaws and elect the voting board, we'll establish a formal membership criteria and database. At this point, it seems that the prevailing thought is that general membership will probably work in a "social networking" style encouraging active participation from anyone who wants to join the cause.

Johnny Blaze

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Tampa, FL
www.halocigs.com
  • Deleted by Sun Vaporer
  • Reason: Spam

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
kristin and angusATAT, congratulations! You're the newest members of CASAA!

CASAA is going to be whatever we make it, and by "we" I mean those of us who are discussing it here. Once we establish our basic articles and bylaws and elect the voting board, we'll establish a formal membership criteria and database. At this point, it seems that the prevailing thought is that general membership will probably work in a "social networking" style encouraging active participation from anyone who wants to join the cause.

I have been trying to figure out how to join also. I am looking forward to to the completion of CASAA organization.:)

mtndude

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Roan Mountain, TN
Webby has been the glue holding CASAA together. He is putting the website together, filing legal documents, recording board member nominations and putting together a democratic process for a formal election. Also, he has been doing a good job of culminating our ideas into a document that says what we aim to achieve as a group. The rest of us need to step up and do what we can to help iron out the details of CASAA's organizational structure.

Let's share our thoughts and ideas, volunteer our expertise, and express our support for what is steadily evolving into The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association (CASAA).

Welcome, Everyone!

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Wow! Thanks mtndude!

I’d like to thank the forum academy for this award…

Although I know the arduous process seems to have all the forward momentum of a George Romero choreographed foot race, I assure you things are getting done.

When Eric, Sun and I started this process there were three things we all agreed were not subject to compromise:

1. CASAA is open to everyone. No fees, invites or arbitrary restrictions. That means any user, supplier or manufacturer. If this were purely my soapbox, I would categorize our mission statement as simply, “one person- one vote” Our strength lies in the diversity and sheer numbers of the users.

2. Everything has to be above board. Our goals, plans and objectives would be clear and without any possible mixed interpretation or bias. We can’t run a “covert war” or fail to be upfront with CASAA’s membership.

3. CASAA has to get results. Public votes, pontification for its own sake and armchair analysis is futile. If we’re going to organize, we need to have a clear agenda and get things done. If an event or effort fails, we try another approach. Not everything we do will be hit out of the park but we only fail if we fail to keep trying.

So – how do you join/support CASAA?

For the moment, participate in the public debates. Our goals and agenda are being decided right now, right here. In a few days, we’ll announce the public vote for officers and CASAA Board members. I couldn’t be more thrilled with the support in CASAA thus far. I think many of you will be very pleasantly surprised with the depth of experience and leadership of the individuals who have been asked (and have accepted) the nominations for the CASAA Board.

The web site will be finished soon and there will be a completed post of our Articles of Organization (so you know exactly what you’re joining) as well as a sign up form.

In the meantime, please read the CASAA | Administration thread and weigh in on the goals and agenda. This isn’t a step-by-step process. Several issues are being fleshed out (many publicly) and all concurrently.

We’re on the cusp of doing some very positive things for the e-cigarette community.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:

KatyS

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
I support the efforts of who are contributing to this organization. I like that both users and suppliers will be part of the group. We have met with our Representative Kotter and showed him the e-cig and what its all about, don't know if its going to help but we made him aware of the problems the e-cig is facing. If I can do anything else to help let me know. I will keep up with this thread.

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
In a few days, we’ll announce the public vote for officers and CASAA Board members.

Stay tuned.

Webby, i asked about this in a pm and haven't heard back yet. Regrettably, i haven't been around much lately; i've been keeping an eye on the forums but perhaps i missed something along the way.

If someone is elected to the CASAA board, what does that mean? What will their responsibilities be? Or has this not been fully defined yet?

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Webby, i asked about this in a pm and haven't heard back yet. Regrettably, i haven't been around much lately; i've been keeping an eye on the forums but perhaps i missed something along the way.

If someone is elected to the CASAA board, what does that mean? What will their responsibilities be? Or has this not been fully defined yet?

DragonPuff,

I'm sorry I missed your PM - let me see if I can explain where we are:

Voting Board

1) The CASAA Board shall consist of 12 voting members.

2) Each Board Member has one, equal vote.

3) The Board will be comprised of (no more than) three suppliers (or manufacturers), three subject experts (SE) Directors and six general users.

4) The six AT-LARGE users will be made up of individuals from all walks of life.

5) The three Subject Experts (SE) will be comprised of experts in the field of Legal/Financial, Science/Medical and Communications/PR issues.

6) Each SE will manage a team of users who will help in making recommendations to the Board and provide depth in the event that the SE isn't available or drops out.

7) Standard positions of Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer will be elected by the Board from within it's own ranks. Board positions will be one year and a Chairman will server no more than two consecutive terms.

So, there will be 12 Board members (some SE members and/or officers) Think of it like the House of Representatives, by limiting any one group's participation on the Board we hope to have the most diverse collection of views and representation of the e-cig community at large.

The duties of the Board will be to follow issues and vote on the direction CASAA takes in managing the organization as a whole. Major issues will be decided by public vote, but I'm sure we'd all agree that carrying on every decision in a public vote would leave us quibbling about every detail and have the attention span of a ferret on fire.

That's the basis of the CASAA Board. The nominees will be announced Thursday, October 15th 2009 and secured (SSL) Voting Site will be online this weekend.

Last edited:

mtndude

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Roan Mountain, TN
Although I know the arduous process seems to have all the forward momentum of a George Romero choreographed foot race, I assure you things are getting done.

heheh... had to google George Romero. I think that accurately describes the prospect of any further debate over the mission statement.

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
Everything is coming together very nice Webby. Thank you for your time and efforts in the creation. I'm happy with how it's looking and excited about the prospects.

I'm happy to help any way possible. I love researching and have nearly 30 yrs of PR experience. My work schedule is a little crazy at times but the next few months are predicted to be relatively easy, so let me know.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Everything is coming together very nice Webby. Thank you for your time and efforts in the creation. I'm happy with how it's looking and excited about the prospects.

I'm happy to help any way possible. I love researching and have nearly 30 yrs of PR experience. My work schedule is a little crazy at times but the next few months are predicted to be relatively easy, so let me know.

Thanks nitewriter -

This is EXACTLY what we're looking for. I'll PM you with information on joining CASAA's Communication/PR initiative. To be honest, it's basically a private mailing list of advertising/public relations/marketing members who share ideas and suggestions for the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread