how do I make my own sweetener

Status
Not open for further replies.

paiget929

Mar 7, 2016
tulsa
I am a new here and need help, obviously I've read a lot about sweeteners and I'll probably end up ordering one but I need one now lol and Im okay on all the risks, I would of got the stevia but I hate stevia's after taste and splenda is the only one I like out of all the sweeteners you can buy at the stores anyway so that's what I ended up getting...the splenda packets anyway how do I make it into what I need? I have distilled water n everything just need the measurements. I could really use your help!! Thanks!

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
I am a new here and need help, obviously I've read a lot about sweeteners and I'll probably end up ordering one but I need one now lol and Im okay on all the risks, I would of got the stevia but I hate stevia's after taste and splenda is the only one I like out of all the sweeteners you can buy at the stores anyway so that's what I ended up getting...the splenda packets anyway how do I make it into what I need? I have distilled water n everything just need the measurements. I could really use your help!! Thanks!

I use Stevia - despite hating it in beverages. Used moderately, like a drop per 10 ml, it is sweet like sugar, with no aftertaste in vape at all.

paiget929

Mar 7, 2016
tulsa
I would mix sucralose 10% by volume with a base of 50/50 water and PG.
What if I have no pg? And I'm just now getting the hang of all this so would it be the same just minus the pg ? If theres anyway you could simplify it for me id really appreciate it, using a 10 ml bottle. Ive never been good with math so I have to use the simple calculator for all my recipes I'm sure I'll learn eventually

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
The splenda packages you got probably are not pure sucralose, which is what you need. Store bought splenda packs mostly contain dextrose which is not gonna vape well.

If you want to make your own sweetener the best thing to do is buy pure sucralose powder. You can get it here. 80g of it will last you a lifetime and cost $14 Pure Sucralose Powder

I find adding sweetener to juices does not make it much sweeter and I've tried adding a lot of sweetener. Personally what i do is just use as much VG and as little PG as possible to make my juices sweet. VG is very sweet, you should try tasting it.

Reactions: paiget929

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
What if I have no pg? And I'm just now getting the hang of all this so would it be the same just minus the pg ? If theres anyway you could simplify it for me id really appreciate it, using a 10 ml bottle. Ive never been good with math so I have to use the simple calculator for all my recipes I'm sure I'll learn eventually
Well, then, make it with water. A 9:1 ratio would be 1/8Tsp sucralose to 1-1/8Tsp water.

paiget929

Mar 7, 2016
tulsa
The splenda packages you got probably are not pure sucralose, which is what you need. Store bought splenda packs mostly contain dextrose which is not gonna vape well.

If you want to make your own sweetener the best thing to do is buy pure sucralose powder. You can get it here. 80g of it will last you a lifetime and cost $14 Pure Sucralose Powder

I find adding sweetener to juices does not make it much sweeter and I've tried adding a lot of sweetener. Personally what i do is just use as much VG and as little PG as possible to make my juices sweet. VG is very sweet you should try tasting it.
True, the one I have is great..I prob just made my mix wrong, prob added too much flavor. I do have la cotton candy I just dk I'd it would work in all my mixes..

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015

If you don't want to go buy PG too, just try stevia straight, a drop per 10 ml. or less, or more, depending on what you are trying to sweeten.

Unlike Scy, I can instantly taste a sweeter vape with sweetener and don't like a lot of VG.

Taste is unique and subjective for each of us, so what works for me, may not work for you.

Reactions: paiget929

paiget929

Mar 7, 2016
tulsa

I find adding sweetener to juices does not make it much sweeter and I've tried adding a lot of sweetener. Personally what i do is just use as much VG and as little PG as possible to make my juices sweet. VG is very sweet, you should try tasting it.
But I will say this, if your stretching out your fav juice at the end of a bottle and added a little too much vg or pg if that's what you use, a little sweetener could come in handy lol

paiget929

Mar 7, 2016
tulsa
1 Gram of pure Sucralose (e.g. Splenda--the kind in the packs not the liquid) in 10 ml of "whatever" base then use that 'as you like'...I sometimes use Ethyl Maltol, maybe three drops tops in a 15ml batch, but I rarely use anything as I find VG is sweet enuf by it's lonesome! Sweeteners can sometimes mute flavors too IMO.
Do you think a vg or a water base would work best..?

Beeker

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2015
Oklahoma
Do you think a vg or a water base would work best..?
Distilled water (DW) works best..it takes a looooooong time for powdered sucralose to blend in VG...I've done it by heating the VG in a microwave for about 8 seconds after adding the sucralose...changes the viscosity of the VG enough to blend it faster. Shake well. Don't forget Distilled water always...don't use tap water...it's got chemicals in it (chlorine/chloramine) even if you have a filter. You can get a gallon of DW for about a dollar or so at many grocery stores.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Well nvm I guess it wouldn't dissolve in vg.. lol

It will mix in VG but you'll need to heat the VG to thin it. 5 seconds in the microwave will thin it like water.

Use a 3ml syringe and remove the plunger, remove the needle and place your finger over the needle end of the syringe. Pour 1ml of powder into the plunger end filling to the 1ml mark then dump that into a 10ml glass bottle. Next add 7mls of VG to the bottle then 2 ml's distilled water. Heat for 5 seconds in the microwave uncapped (Careful when removing from the microwave it will be very hot) recap and shake the heck out of it. This will give you a 10% sweetener solution which is what you would buy from a vape vendor.

I myself don't like to use supermarket powered sweetener because it's not pure splenda, sacralos etc... It usually contains dextrose as well as other additives and fillers and is not as concentrated as what a vape shop sells so keep that in mind. If you can find it already in a liquid form at the supermarket then that may be a better choice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread