• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How do people react to your illness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver

ɹǝʌןıs
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2008
New Zealand
Hi Bunni and welcome to our little corner from me too.

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble, sounds all to familiar to me :( !

I recently read an article which mentioned a direct link between Fibro and weight gain, I think it was in one of the Fibromyalgia Network magazines that I get (have you found the Fibromyalgia Network yet ? They keep me up to date with all the studies being done on FM, very useful !), I found it very interesting indeed !

Also, I know I've mentioned it elsewhere on our subforum, but thought it might be worth mentioning it here as well. I found a site a while ago which I found very helpful. It has the wonderful name of "But you don't look sick ?" and it was created for people with a disability, invisible disease and/or chronic pain and fatigue, and offers support and suggestions to increase our quality of life.

One of the great things about this site is The Spoon Theory by Christine Miserandino, who has Lupus. I found this a very touching story and a great way to explain what it's like to live with chronic pain and fatigue.

Good luck and remember that you can always come in here to find some support and kind words when people are being so 'helpfully' (NOT !) ignorant !

Cheers,
Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread