How do you fellow members travel with ecigs and make it through long days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illitirit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
United States
My current setup is a provari with 2 aw imr 1100 mah batteries that i charge with a trustfire tr-001.

In a few weeks i will be going to hawaii for about 2 weeks and im kind of unsure how i should go about bringing supplies.

Is it a good idea to bring everything? charger, batteries, liquids? Is it easy to make it past airport inspections? Im sure some of these things will raise a brow or two when your passing through TSA.

If i do bring my provari with me on board the airplane, what is the best protocol to do so? I dont plan on vaping it in the plane, but should i just put it in a backpack along with all my other supplies? Or just pack it all in my luggage , not carry on.

Any tips and pointers are appreciated.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Take extra batteries and your charger. Your liquids put in 1 quart size ziplock bag. Everything e-cig related you should carry on. TSA is familiar with ecigs.

This is what I will take if I ever get the chance to go back to Hawaii as a non smoker:

My Provari with a nova attached
Extra heads
2 extra Nova's
Two extra batteries
Charger
3 to 4 30ml bottles of juice in a quart freezer ziplock bag.

With that long of a flight, and man it is a long one, if you get a window seat with a loved one, I would stealth vape a few times. That's just me though.

I managed to survive that flight on two visits to there with nicorette gum, when I was still a smoker. But god I made myself nauseous chewing that stuff.

How exciting for you! :)

EDIT TO ADD: All of it in my carry on. Do not check it in your bags that are going into the belly of the plane. God forbid they lose your luggage.

ETA #2: Forgot to add my backup Provari.

Last edited:

Windz1

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2013
San Diego
My everyday "travel" set-up.

Innokin MVP with a Vision Vivi Nova with my all day vape flavor
1 Ego 900 Twist (small enough to maintain)
1 Matrix Telescopic (overdoing it with this one, but it is kind of my stealth vape. . .even though the thing is gold.....GOOOOLD!)
1 Smok mini Vivi Nova (just to change the flavor)
1 510 bridgless dripping atty (flavor change...again)
2 10ml bottles of juice.

Sounds like a lot? . . .I'm thinking of condensing it down a bit...

jclifford

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
salem nh
did a 6 hour flight recently, 2 Provari's, carried them in my pocket, went through security with my shoes and belt. on the way there were no comments at all, on the way home, a TSA guy picked it up and asked me "electronic cig?" I answered yes and he put it back in the plastic tray.

Put about 20 bottles on juice in my check in luggage in a plastic bag. Maybe from the change in pressure they all leaked! only a little but enough to wipe out all the labels!

The bottles in my carry on luggage did not leak.

I heard somewhere they want the batteries in their own individual plastic bags.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
did a 6 hour flight recently, 2 Provari's, carried them in my pocket, went through security with my shoes and belt. on the way there were no comments at all, on the way home, a TSA guy picked it up and asked me "electronic cig?" I answered yes and he put it back in the plastic tray.

Put about 20 bottles on juice in my check in luggage in a plastic bag. Maybe from the change in pressure they all leaked! only a little but enough to wipe out all the labels!

The bottles in my carry on luggage did not leak.

I heard somewhere they want the batteries in their own individual plastic bags.

I hadn't heard about the batteries but it does make sense to keep them separate so they cannot make contact with anything metal or themselves.

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
My home is in The FL Keys and my office is in Los Angeles. Since April of 2011 I've made 54 Trips back and forth. 108 times through TSA with my vape gear. I used to have to explain what PV's are, but no longer. TSA doesn't care about PV's.

I've never had TSA mention anything about my extra batteries, but I keep them in plastic battery cases for safety reasons.

Juice can be carried on as well. Technically, it should be in a 1 quart baggie with your liquids, but I just toss a bottle in my laptop case and TSA never gives it a second look.

If your juice bottle is FULL, and the top is on securely, it won't leak when the pressure changes. If you bring a partially full bottle, squeeze most of the air out and put the top on securely, it won't leak when the pressure changes.

I vape in my seat all the time. Be discrete and stealthy and you'll have no worries. BTW, most flight crews know about PV's, many of them vape, and the vast majority don't care if you vape- provided you don't billow vapor that other passengers may mistake for smoke.
BTW, if you exhale the vapor forcefully, it will be almost invisible and dissipate almost instantaneously.

If you're paranoid, vape in the restroom. You won't set off the alarm, I've tried.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I'm flying over to a tour with a grand-daughter next summer, will the same rules apply? and does anyone know whether my charger for 18650 batteries will work or do I need to get a different one (never gone out of the states before!). Thanks!

I know in Germany the plugs are different. You can get adapters for the outlet. I just did a google search and found one at best buy Dynex™ - Grounded Adapter Plug for Continental Europe - DX-TPLUGE

You will need one even for using your blow dryer or any electronic device.

GhettoD

Apr 25, 2013
United States
I like to vape anywhere and everywhere I can or cannot. I just vape until someone tells me to stop. Then I go stealth. I also buy high PG juice to cut down on the vapor, only when I fly or movies or sporting events or museums or Lawrys or wherever.

BTW spare batts, juice and devices (mods/attys) in your carryone are always a good idea.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
You will need a Euro or US adapter or charger if crossing the pond.

Beyond that here's my travel vape kit:
Both of my provarii
2 Ego batteries (emergency and if I want to share a vape with someone)
2 protanks - mine one is a spare just in case.
5 disposable clearos for the ego bats. (emergency or sharing and, cheap to toss if I do find a vape buddy out there)
30 mils juice (one larger or 2 smaller bottles)
Wall wart, charger, car adapter for charger.

sixsix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Arizona
I always bring extra batteries, a USB charger, and a wall wart.
+/- 30ml of juice usually lasts me a long enough time. If I get low, I'll visit a local vape shop and grab something.

For longer trips, I'll make a new wick and coil at a slightly lower resistance than normal because I've found that batteries tend to last longer. That's about it. Haven't had any major catastrophes yet, knock on wood.

Scorpios

May 23, 2013
Germany
just got back to Germany from U.S. on a tour and looks like everyone has covered the important things here so far, no problem with airport security for me either, or using the toilet on the flight to vape. I did have some liquid on my carry on leak a little, but they were in zip lock bags so it was no big deal. I would reccomend to bring some back up supplies, like extra battery and tank... one of my tanks cracked during travel so it was good to have a backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread