• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How do you like your zombies?

I like em...

• slow

• fast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
The more I think about it, the more fast zombies seem to be just a vampire replacement. With the exception of the daylight=near instant death they're pretty similar. Transmitted through bites, super human strength/running/jumping. Maybe it's all the 'sensitive' vampire stories have forced us to to upgrade the truly un-lovable?

CooL_SpoT

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
Trenton, Ontario
Last edited:

Wilvin

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
.... Rapids,Mn
Slow Zombies are real zombies! The fast ones are not technically Zombies! 28 days later( they were not dead just infected the the Rage virus) Plus you could kill them without blowing their brains out, and they died on their own after awhile. The other fast zombie like movies they were usually a virus or really vampires. I can see new zombies being fast, like Dawn of the Dead (2004 remake) at the beginning of the movie the husband gets turned into one and is chasing her down the street. But I think that very soon they would slow down since they would not have blood and other fluids keeping the joints and muscles from being stiff.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
Well, if you go by the rigor mortis methodology, they'd be 'okay' for 3 hours then slow down for twelve and then be back to 'okay' after the 3rd day. Something to do with ATP and calcium affecting the muscles and causes them to seize up. Heat speeds up the process and cold can make the muscles release all kinds of fluid and makes the meat tough. Err, that could be mis-construed if I don't explain that I know that from game hunting and not from playing with bipedal dead things :D It not only makes the meat tough but drops the weight as well so I guess it would be similar to a minor mummification after the fluid drained out ;-)

But yes, Romero kind of played with the idea of them getting faster after time as seen in Land of the Dead but not to the point of sprinting. Running takes a certain amount of mental resources to account for variations in terrain that a damaged brain would have problems with. If you doubt that, try getting slightly intoxicated and see how well your feet remember how to run over uneven ground. I suggest you wear a helmet with a chin guard when you do though!

Wilvin

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
.... Rapids,Mn
Well if I remember my Biology and anatomy classes in College right the bodies movement work kind of like Hydraulics. The fluids in the body play a part in helping the tendons and muscles work properly. I know I am over simplifying it. The Brain sends the signals to the muscles to move but if the fluids of the body are not pumping or as time goes on dried up even a zombie brain could not make the dead muscles move to well with out fluids to make that connection. So even after Rigor Mortis ends most of the blood and other fluids on the body will have pooled to the lowest part of the body, and if the lost a lot of blood before becoming a Zombie there would be less to help with bodily movement!

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
The circulatory system is hydraulic in nature but the nervous system is electrical. Muscles only contract or relax, they cannot 'push' per se, only have an opposite muscle contract and pull it in a different direction. Now the 'normal' human body does require a certain amount of liquid to operate properly, a zombie has already shuffled loose the mortal coil so most of the conventional rules no longer apply. No one knows how the upper half of a corpse can still be ambulatory, yet they're a staple in just about every zombie movie I've seen :D

They're dead Dave. Every zombie's dead Dave. They're all dead Dave!
It's like asking why the radiation made some ghouls intelligent, others feral, and yet still others able to expel radiation as an attack... or grow into a tree for that matter :p BTW, I've been down with the Vault since it needed a water chip.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I still want to know what happens if a Zombie gets bit by a Vampire...?????? Speaking of which.....here's the latest photo of my darling daughter:

ambervamp.gif

the redhead.....of course.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I wonder if the zombie would have anything that the vampire would want...a zombie might go for a vampire, but probably wouldn't catch it. Anne Rice vampires that are old enough can survive just about anything.

It's great to see that your beautiful daughter is a chip off the old block...but how does a zombie have a vamp for a daughter?

I wonder if the zombie would have anything that the vampire would want...a zombie might go for a vampire, but probably wouldn't catch it. Anne Rice vampires that are old enough can survive just about anything.

It's great to see that your beautiful daughter is a chip off the old block...but how does a zombie have a vamp for a daughter?

sounds like an inter-species relationship, kind of like in underworld, the vamps and wolves mixing. In this case its zombies and vamps. I would like to go on public record as saying, I am NOT prejudice, but I think the inter-species relationships should be avoided. A regular zombie will be hard enough to fight and fend off, now mix it with the attributes of a vampire or werewolf...A super zombie could be bred. And as a zombie hunter/survivalist, I dont need a race of super zombies running around.

Can you imagine...A zombie, with the speed and strength and regeneration abilities of a vampire and with the ability to turn/transform like a werewolf? And how would you kill such a creature? silver bullets? chopping off the head? wooden stake to the heart? Combo of all 3?

Last edited:

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
I think that just a zombie with normal cognitive ability would be bad enough without adding anything (else) special to it! If they get to fly/change shapes/hypnotize people while pulling off a cape as stylish... I might not fight so hard against them. It's the becoming less than human that bothers me. If I can keep my mind and live forever, sign me up! But I WILL require a demonstration first...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread