• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I am very curious because I feel very out of the loop because I prefer above sub ohm vaping. Most of the things I find on YouTube and forums are mostly about sub ohming.

Don't feel left out.... You are also using much less juice than the average, sub-ohmer.

I think all this "new" gear aimed at sub-ohm is more about selling Juice than getting an enjoyable Vape these days. I know, I get better flavor at 1ohm or more, while using less than 10ml per day than My SOL who only Subs and uses more than 30ml a day. Sure he gets MORE flavor and clouds. But more is not always better.

I am very curious because I feel very out of the loop because I prefer above sub ohm vaping. Most of the things I find on YouTube and forums are mostly about sub ohming.
I do both but I am not deep into the whole sub ohm world but occasionally ... When I just need a thundercloud :rolleyes:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I have never experienced sub ohm and have no desire to. I'm an "all things retro" kinda person. So all my current interest is in the antiquated VV/VW Mods from waaayy back in 2013 or so. They just aren't capable of subbing so I don't need it.
Plus the thought of subbing with my old abused and half dead lungs is kinda frightening to me.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
I have never experienced sub ohm and have no desire to. I'm an "all things retro" kinda person. So all my current interest is in the antiquated VV/VW Mods from waaayy back in 2013 or so. They just aren't capable of subbing so I don't need it.
Plus the thought of subbing with my old abused and half dead lungs is kinda frightening to me.
It really is just a number... doesn't mean you have to blow big clouds or do lung hits... Just look at the vaporesso aura kit, simple sub-ohm..

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
It really is just a number... doesn't mean you have to blow big clouds or do lung hits... Just look at the vaporesso aura kit, simple sub-ohm..
Thanks but No need to even look. I've already got a wish list of stuff that I can't afford and don't actually need.

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
For us, sub ohm is all we've got and all we know. We're new to vaping (relatively speaking) and got set up with Kangertech Subvods (.5 ohm) by the guy at the vape shop. Seems fine to us but so does box wine, so.................. I will say the coils are dirt cheap, dirt simple to replace and last a couple of weeks of fairly rough use. Then only because of burnt flavorings taste, not a metallic taste. (However, see boxed wine reference above :D. After burnin' "the stinks" for nearly 50 years, what do we know o_O:confused::D)

My :2c:
:cool: Von Vape :cool:

Glinda

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
United States
I just got an eVic VTC mini with an ego ONE Mega tank, and it came with a couple of sub ohm coils, so as of a few weeks ago, I'm finally trying this sub ohm thing that everyone has been talking about. Yea!

I've discovered that certain flavors taste better when they're a little warmer. Although I'm not a cloud chaser, the extra vapor was fun to observe for a few days too. Mainly I appreciate the flavor variations and how certain e-liquids taste better when they're a little warmer, but I'm honestly glad that 1.0 ohm coils are available for this new (to me) tank too. I now realize from this experience that over all, I generally do prefer a cooler vape.

Now that I'm having to learn how to build/rebuild coils and make my own e-liquids (advance prep for the Vapocalypse) , I need to stay focused and probably won't be buying more sub-ohm coils for this tank. Once I know how to rebuild reliably decent supra ohm coil the I-dunno-how-many Nautilus tanks I have (I still really love both the mini and the original a lot), and make an acceptably tasty basic e-liquid or three, then who knows? Maybe some time after Christmas I'll be needing a new hobby and I'll learn to rebuild my sub ohm coils too, just for the fun of it.

Reactions: Falconeer

Glinda

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
United States
For us, sub ohm is all we've got and all we know. We're new to vaping (relatively speaking) and got set up with Kangertech Subvods (.5 ohm) by the guy at the vape shop...

You're kind of lucky that this is what you started out on. When I began vaping, I had a Kanger MT3, evods and Spinner batteries. You got to it when things were really beginning to evolve, and those things that you cut your teeth on just intimidated me- ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread