How do you stop yourself from impulse buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I have never truly understood the impulse buying. I always sleep on it at least one night. If it is meant to be and if I still think it is a great idea then it will still be there tomorrow. To date I have used everything I have bought until it either wore out or broke. I have bought a few things that did not vape that well, but I vaped through them anyways. With the money that I have saved I did things that I enjoyed in life, but never had the money to do them or at least I did more of them...

Coulson

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2013
Behind you!
Research all things first! If you know you're going to want to try it, or have it in your vaping repertoire, why deny yourself! 24 hours, 1 week, 1 month makes no difference... you will probably get what you want anyways. Just check things out first. Make sure its a good fit with your growing collection. That's my 2 cents

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
I would love to splurge on an Ihybrid, Billet Box, or an Empire Mod, but you have to be in kahoots with someone who knows someone who builds the mods, or stalk the website and be quick with the BUY NOW finger. I have no time, patience, or know how for RBA's. I do cartos and tanks. Why am I going to spend a boatload of money to say I have such and such mod, to stick a carto and tank on top of it? If I find something that suits my needs, I am happy. I don't do too bad when it comes to impulse buying. I am guilty of stocking up on cartos and dripping atties, though! I never know when I will get a dud, or when my go-to vendor will stop carrying my favorites! I have splurged a little on tanks, too.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
One only has to look at my avatar to see that I have yet to stop the impulse buying . I do try to thin the herd down every now and then . Lately though , I sell two and I end up buying three . Guess I still need to work on that some . Hey at least I'm not hanging out in bars and chasing loose women . So it's all good .

dre4runner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Santa Clarita
That's my problem. I just recently made an impulse buy last week when I bought my first mechanical mod. Wifey won't be too happy when she sees the credit card bill at the end of the month...lol!!! Especially from 2 different vape shops, soon to be 3 (1. for my bagga mod, 2. for my juice I bought and 3. my nimbus that I will be purchasing most likely tomorrow when I go back to work).

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
How to stop impulse or any other kind of buying of vape gear and juice? If any one knows, the answer has got to be worth some money lol.

There is always something newer with the promise of better around the corner. I think the best stuff I have is becoming more and more home made or moded or built in some sense. I suspect if I ever get enough time and experience under my belt (bound to happen sooner or later), the store bought mass produced loses its luster. My own wicks and coils are already better than anything I can buy and my true RBAs are getting there. My DIY juices -- just don't have the time as of yet and I still buy stuff that's better than I can make.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
It didn't occur to me until now, that I've been getting vape mail at least once a week for the past few months. Whether it's juices, tips, tanks or mods, it's all been coming my way. I love the excitement of it all, the "hype" you can say. It's playing a big part in why i've strayed away from the idea of cigs, but there's got to be a line lol...

I would just like to know everybody else's experiences. If vape mail on a weekly basis is overdoing it.

are you kidding? I would love to get it down to once a week- daily mail is more like the norm for me. I look at it like a 5 month phase i'm going through- just another hundred or so juices to try and I should be about done(unless, of course, the next greatest mod ever is introduced!) my post office used to put a key in my box to go to a larger box to get my stuff- now they just have a big box set aside with my name on it- does that mean I have a problem?

Last edited:

TBPlayer2112

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2012
Northern Illinois
Between instruments/music equipment, golf and PC gaming I already had some pretty expensive hobbies before I started vaping. I could easily rack up the credit bill with all the wonderful vape toys that are out there and believe me I want to. Part of what has helped me is to remind myself that vaping is just a replacement for smoking. I started vaping 8 months ago and just now stepped up to VV with a couple of twists. Certainly won't break the bank and keeps me satisfied but more importantly, keeps me from smoking. I've got my vape mail delivery set to once a month. That includes juice and clearomizers, @ $70. Much cheaper and healthier than smoking. Tastier too! :vapor:

FatBastard

Verified Member
Jul 4, 2013
Kentucky
Been doing this for about 2 months and I have already got about 20 bottles of juice 2 ego twist 2 pro tanks 1 ego 650 and I ordered a provari 2.5 in red with a green led not here yet. Having alot of fun with it but am making myself sick with to much juice. All new juice 6 mg. Hoard mentality gotta stock up before govt deems it contraband.

VapinWolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Grand Bay, Alabama USA
Man, not to be mean but I am sure glad I don't have these spending issues like some of you do...

I am just going to sit back and √ape™

......while I wait for my 500ml of Nic, 50 Cartomizers, AGT Titanium, 3 50ft spools of Kanthal, 2 12x12 sheets of mesh (325 and 400), and enough Silica to fly a kite...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Saleen121212

Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
United States
The only thing I try to stick to is not making orders late at night. Im always browsing the internet and shopping before bed and when I am tired ill buy anything lol. The way I look at it is I love nicotine, some people love caffeine and I love nicotine. I am doing what I consider the healthiest way to get nicotine and I consider it a hobby. Some times ill also wait and try and find a better deal which most of the time gives me more time to think if I really need whatever I was looking at or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread