How do you test juice while crafting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaldaus

Jan 12, 2010
rogers, arkansas
I use a magnetic heater/stirrer to make my juices and to get the flavors right I have about 4 rda's that I drip to test flavors as I am mixing it allows me to know if I need to add a bit more of something as I am spinning it. I am curious if anyone else uses this method or has a different one I would love to hear it!!! Also was wondering what additives people have had the most luck with.

[EDITED to remove partial inappropriate content- Misty]

Last edited by a moderator:

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
I mix up a batch of nic base 100% PG, VG, flavorings and hope for the best. Depending on the recipe, I give it whatever steep time required, and then test it. Small batches work best for new recipes.

After the steep and test, I'll use my mind powers to determine any adjustments, and usually ask others any advice or opinions.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
I mix up a batch of nic base 100% PG, VG, flavorings and hope for the best. Depending on the recipe, I give it whatever steep time required, and then test it. Small batches work best for new recipes.

After the steep and test, I'll use my mind powers to determine any adjustments, and usually ask others any advice or opinions.

That's what I do. I always have a big bottle of nic base 60/40 pg, 3mg nic. Add to a 10ml bottle with some flavour and go from there. Simples.

• Agree
Reactions: Iron Molly

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: deleted as per OP request

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I use a magnetic heater/stirrer to make my juices and to get the flavors right .
Might like to read:
DIY Mythbusting : DIY_eJuice
I found you really have to go with what you think works for you.
I have about 4 rda's that I drip to test flavors as I am mixing it allows me to know if I need to add a bit more of something as I am spinning it.
I found that aging along with nic makes the largest difference to the mix with regards to taste. Tasting while mixing can get me into to the ball park depending on the flavors used in the mix. Some mixes are SnV and some are not. I think there are way to many variables for any general rule of thumb.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I make up a large quantity of VG/PG/Nic base, then I add this to 20ml bottles with the selected flavour. I use the same flavour supplier so I know the ballpark quantity to add for new flavours. If its too weak I add a bit more and adjust my notes. I don't steep, I shake it and vape it.
I don't do it but I have heard of people using a few drops on an unwicked RDA coil to test new batches.
In my experience it's better to under-flavour than over flavour. Over flavoured juice can take on an unpleasant 'soapy' taste.

kaldaus

Jan 12, 2010
rogers, arkansas
I originally started with a laboratory spinner but at lower temps it was quite unreliable, I then found one that was made for vape juice, it has quite a few bells and whistles but I dont use them and unfortunetly the temp on it is usually quite a bit cooler than it is set at but lower in my case is usually better so I use it when doing longer mixes and when teaching someone how to do it. Not to mention I got it for about 50$ so I think all in all it was a decent deal.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I make a bunch of really small batches (5-10ml) in empty plastic "mini-bar" bottles. Shake and steep a couple days, then do a quick taste test on RDA (quick dry burn then re-wick between flavors) After I am happy with flavor (or adjust a bit) I put some in my MTL tank, vape awhile, dump into a container, put some unflavored "base" in, vape awhile, dump, and repeat for each flavor. Sort of a hassle, but I get a much better feel for the flavor (I mostly use the MTL tanks) All the dumped stuff is my "mutt mix"... vape that just for kicks (sometimes it's great, sometimes end up tossing it) Waiting to get more coils (or make my own) for the RDA so I can finally try it with 2 coils (didn't have a mod with enough power before until recently) Some flavors (like tobacco and deserts) I steep longer... fruits I just shake and bake (I do shake the little bottles several times a day) If I finally settle into a winner, I make a bigger batch.

Reactions: smacuser

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I research recipes I might like, then make maybe ten or twenty 10ml samples. Mix from scratch. Then I let them all sit for a week or two. Then I start testing with a dripping RDA during evenings. Takes a month or two to get through all of them, but I invariably find one or two 'keepers'.
Maybe do this once a year, as I keep going back to the comfort of recipes I already like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread