Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
Southern Classic. Yes :D

I'm 22/22 on trying all of Halo's ejuice. Southern Classic IMO is the best of the lot. Light citrus top note with a moderately bold honey/clove aftertaste. It's a very refreshing flavor, one that I can't get enough of. Just loaded up a new 2.6-2.8ohm coil on the VV set at 3.8 volts.....mmmm nirvana. :p

Halo's "tobacco" line honestly tastes nothing like an analog. I think Prime 15 is their worst flavor. I love the smell of pipe tobacco, and none of their flavors even remotely capture that or a cigarette. I would never expect a pg/vg blend to taste anything like burning, reconstituted sheet tobacco sprayed with chemicals to increase nicotine absorption with a bunch of flavor additives anyway. If one were to split hairs, Torque56 would be the closest to an analog, yet still a ways off. There's nothing inherently wrong with that.

That's just me though, YMMV.

Imprint

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Icy Tower, USA
I don't miss the taste of cigarettes even one tiny bit.
Once in a blue moon I'll feel the urge for one, and I think it's primarily the ease of use/habit.
But I don't miss the taste of real tobacco, and can't get enough of how good my home and car and hair and clothes smell.

What I do miss sometimes is the mostly neutral, non-interference of the taste of a cig. Some of the juices (like Tiki or Shamrock) can overpower anything I'm drinking or have eaten recently. However Prime 15 is satisfying that need pretty perfectly. It has a flavor of course but I like it, and it takes a real background seat to wine, bourbon, beer, coffee. Or after a decent meal or dessert.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Ya know what is a beautiful thing? After reading TCO76's post, I was trying to recall what an analog tasted like.

And I can't...

And I couldn't care less.

I agree, it's hard to dupe combustion. I've read that some other manufacturer's juice comes close. I really don't think I'd want to try it. The comments on it were not very good.

For me, I needed something to replace my Winstons. I thought they'd have to taste the same. Silly naive me. At first I needed the throat hit. And the cloud, and of course to sate my nic fit. Now the TH isn't important. I want great flavors. The nic does the rest.

To try to address the OP's query: coils. If you took a pot of water, and boil it down to dry, you are left with a white/grey residue, the dissolved minerals and salts in the water. If you fill it again, boil, repeat, you'd accumulate a lot of scale, it eventually becomes like a rock. I have a water distiller. You should see that boiling chamber! :ohmy:

I think it's similar in our tanks. Any impurities, colorings, sugars(?) and ingredients that don't go up in vape, stays on the coil and wicks. It accumulates and cooks, since it can go no where else. This is what needs to be rinsed out. This is why when adding new fluid, it dissolves a bit of the "goo", which is what we see with the old dark vs lighter new. I'll surmise the darker the juice, the more severe the effect. Like I can't do the 3rd tank of voodoo. Once, than a refill, then a rinse is necessary. Malibu goes farther, Torque goes 6 or 7 refills.

So, Oo, rinse them often, they'll last longer. (But cleaning and rinsing and soaking is a PITA) True, buying new coils is easy. But I am a CB, so I'll rinse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread