eGo: Do you have to HOLD the button down the whole time you vape? How often do u have to add ejuice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie here, just got our package yesterday.

(1) On the eGo, do you have to HOLD down the ON button down to vape? We thought you press it on and then vape. My husband doesn't like to have to hold the button the whole time he vapes.

He says he just keeps the e-cig in his mouth without having to hold down the button. When he releases the button it doesn't seem to vape.

(2) How many times can you vape before refilling the cartridge? One cigarette's worth? A few cigarettes worth? Hubby is having trouble trying to figure it out. :confused:

On the "prefilled" cartridges we received. Can we add 3 drops of juice right away or do we have to vape it off for a while?

Lenois

Jan 11, 2010
Vermont
You do have to hold down the button when you vape the ego. you don't have to hold it down the whole time i usually breath in, press the button, wait till i feel the vapor. let go, and then keep breathing in a bit. You get used to the button after awhile, so don't let it worry you too much.

As far as juice is concerned, you get a feel for it, but each cart should last you at least a couple of cigs worth. Just vape till it starts to lose flavor and then refill until it is moist.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Congratz on taking that first big step! With pre-filled cartridges (carts), you don't generally need to add any drops immediately, but you could probably squeeze 3 drops in,, if you desire. Cart life varies heavily. You will know it needs filling when it starts to taste dry, less flavor and at the very end....burning taste

jimik

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
Spring Hill, Fl
1. I like a lot of vapor, so I will generally draw for a full 8 seconds while holding the button then do a deep inhale. One way around this, is by purchasing a lower resistance atomizer, or not be a vapor fiend like I am ;p.

2. I don't fool around with cartridges anymore, it just seems like a waste of time. Usually, I will just place three to four drops of my ejuice directly into the atomizer. This will provide me about ten minutes of heavy vaping.

As far as the prefilled cartridges, go ahead and play around a bit. The flavor of your juice may be a bit different than what comes in the cartridge though, so it might not taste great. When I first started with cartridges, I could usually tell by coloration of the filler material if the juice was getting low. Eventually, you will be able to tell with taste alone. It is just a matter of experience with playing around with them.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
2 to 5 seconds is enough and yes, you do have to hold the button on a manual battery to heat the juice and create vapor. There are some Ecigs that offer automatic batteries, but most who try them switch back to manual.

Automatic batteries have a downside. The switch is activated by drawing on the ecig and creating air flow. The switch has contacts that are drawn together by the air flow. Loud environments such as traffic and concerts can make them come on and the only way you can stop it is unscrew the battery. You don't realize the Ecig is on until you feel the heat in your pocket! If it's in a purse it can self destruct the atomizer or run the battery down. Then you are dead in the water the next time you try to vape.

Manual batteries are more reliable and you get used to having to press the switch. After a few days, it's an automatic reaction (no pun intended) :)

Last edited:

JamesGang

Jan 30, 2011
S.C.
Press the button for a half second before you start drawing. This enables the atomizer to heat up to the proper vaping temp.

Then draw slowly while holding the button, no longer than 5 secs. This will give you the most satisfying hit.

Most people draw too quickly when first starting out.

Add juice when you notice an off taste or a reduction in vapor production. For me using blue foam and a 510 cart this is usually a number of times a day. Using a mega cart it's less. But it's generally always a better experience when you keep the cart topped off to some degree. Fortunately topping off a cart is easy. Just twist the cart off the atomizer, add a few drops of juice until it appears like a 'slush' then reattach.

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
The button makes it make vapor and when you let up it stops.

For the best drag I think do your press and release a bit earlier in time than your drag.

press in
1/2 to 1 second later start dragging....
before done dragging let up the button
while continuing to drag for 1-2 seconds to get out the already-made vapor still in there

re carts - if the cart looks dry on top, add a few drops until it looks moist n to but not a puddle

It's variable how many drags you can get out of a cart before it will need more juice. And don't overfill or you may end up with a mouth full of juice. if the juice soaks right in, you can add more.

And if they are standard 510 carts, consider ordering the precut blue foam pieces to use as stuffing after the white stuff gets much reused and cranky.
https://strictlyejuice.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=222

Last edited:

Emmitt

Jan 10, 2011
Westminster, MD
Press the button for a half second before you start drawing. This enables the atomizer to heat up to the proper vaping temp.

Then draw slowly while holding the button, no longer than 5 secs. This will give you the most satisfying hit.

Most people draw too quickly when first starting out.

That's exactly how I do it and I never fail to get a really good hit. Also seconding the "don't overfill the cart" comment. A mouth full of juice is not a pleasant experience.

nin_brokenhalo5

Jan 17, 2011
New York
I have only used manual batteries in my short time using the PV. I find that pressing the button a half second or so before inhaling..taking a steady drag of about 4-5 seconds, and exhaling within a second gives me a very pleasurable consistent vape. Nicotine is absorbed almost instantaneously through your lungs and holding it in longer really serves no purpose as far as getting more nicotine in your bloodstream and will lower the amount of vapor you exhale.

Not really stating anything groundbreaking here I see but just my two cents and hope it helps.

Just see what works best for you and enjoy it. :)

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
For the best drag I think do your press and release a bit earlier in time than your drag.

press in
while continuing to drag for 1-2 seconds to get out the already-made vapor still in there
[/url]

I forgot to add at the end - then INHALE into your lungs

And in fact, some people sometimes exhale a teeny tiny bit first to billow part of the vape slightly out of your mouth and then do a hard inhale so your nose also gets some of the vapor. Aroma is a big part of flavor. Cigs blow smoke all over you, but with an ecig you need to remember to let your nose have some.

Big Sheepherder

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
Newbie here, just got our package yesterday.

(1) On the eGo, do you have to HOLD down the ON button down to vape? We thought you press it on and then vape. My husband doesn't like to have to hold the button the whole time he vapes.

He says he just keeps the e-cig in his mouth without having to hold down the button. When he releases the button it doesn't seem to vape.

(2) How many times can you vape before refilling the cartridge? One cigarette's worth? A few cigarettes worth? Hubby is having trouble trying to figure it out. :confused:

On the "prefilled"; cartridges we received. Can we add 3 drops of juice right away or do we have to vape it off for a while?

Those blamable husbands, I'm telling you ...

The standard eGo cartridge easily accumulates excess juice inside the inhaler end, particularly when over-filling topping off. The two darted slots visible below the filler box channel juice into the inhaler end's chamber.

It's easy to remedy; just use bent paper clip to grab the inhale hole and pop off top. Looking inside, ANY liquid caught in the chamber will result in e-juice liquid taste. A paper towel or q-tip swabbing the liquid out will cease tasting e-liquid again...until the next over-fill. I just pull the cap off regularly to prevent the unpleasant experience happening.

jbs

Jan 14, 2011
UK/Poland
I am quite new to vaping and the only experience i have is with ego. Nevertheless after a month of using it i can tell you that blue foam instead of oryginal filler is much better solution and it doesnt give you burnt taste. Additionally if you want to make better use of cartridge capacity just check that video: YouTube - spring mod (Russian). And in case you will get fed up with cartridges just get drip tip:p

As for the dragging speed just keep in mind that with low res attys you may want to take quicker drags otherwise you will get burnt taste.

The button makes it make vapor and when you let up it stops.

press in

re carts - if the cart looks dry on top, add a few drops until it looks moist n to but not a puddle

It's variable how many drags you can get out of a cart before it will need more juice. And don't overfill or you may end up with a mouth full of juice. if the juice soaks right in, you can add more.

And if they are standard 510 carts, consider ordering the precut blue foam pieces to use as stuffing after the white stuff gets much reused and cranky.
https://strictlyejuice.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=222

Thanks for the advice - this worked perfectly for me! Gave me a great drag with just enough of that "throaty feeling" :)

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
You do have to hold down the button when you vape the ego. you don't have to hold it down the whole time i usually breath in, press the button, wait till i feel the vapor. let go, and then keep breathing in a bit. You get used to the button after awhile, so don't let it worry you too much..

Yup, I totally agree...it becomes second nature quite quickly (at least for me it did)...I don't even think about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread