Status
Not open for further replies.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
To eliminate the auto-firing issue you just have to paint the area around the atomizer but I got the black painted box so there's no auto-fire issue in my case. There are tons of videos out there describing the auto-fire issue and how to solve it, so do go search if you're looking for a solution.
Not looking for a solution. I stayed clear of that device because of its auto fire issue.

Reactions: VforVape

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Unregulated devices are horribly inefficient especially as you get into low resistance ranges.
The original tube mechs were a hack/workaround as there were no commercially available high wattage regulated boxes available. There are now.

What could be more efficient than a direct mechanical connection to a battery? My head hurts.

A box mod's like giving the new teen driver the 440 Hemi when a 4-banger would suffice.

Good luck. ;)

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Just to clarify, the Cherry bomber did not have an auto fire issue. The “issue” was that you could bypass the switch by making a connection between the case of the atty and the body of the mod. To do that you needed an object such as a key or something else conductive. It was an issue which, in my opinion, was massively blown out of proportion and described as “auto fire” when that is not the case. An auto fire occurs without anything else being introduced.

• Informative
Reactions: VforVape

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Who makes a 440 hemi? :pervy:

The unicorn some chase Don.

440x6.jpeg

Enjoy the vape that ya got.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
440 six pack. Very NICE! What's it in? I'm a MOPAR guy.

Not mine (wish it were). A classic B-body 383 would do nicely tho, for the local Ocean Drive beach cruise to the broad walk. These days I mostly Uber it or go air-ride in my rebuilt Towncar. Mostly boring but I can't ride any more like I used to.

• Winner
Reactions: Skeebo

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Unregulated devices are horribly inefficient especially as you get into low resistance ranges.
The original tube mechs were a hack/workaround as there were no commercially available high wattage regulated boxes available. There are now.

I dunno about that, some of my Mech’s are incredibly efficient, like for example my 2JNT pure silver mod’s especially with my pure silver Hari RDA’s ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Being as I vape at 2.0 ohms instead of 0.2 ohms, it would take me all day to go through that 3.5ml of juice ............ and my battery would be down to about 3.4v. (or even less)

But I vaped ALL DAY on a single battery, and I ONLY used up 3.5ml of juice. Doesn't get much more efficient than that !!!

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Being as I vape at 2.0 ohms instead of 0.2 ohms, it would take me all day to go through that 3.5ml of juice ............ and my battery would be down to about 3.4v. (or even less)

But I vaped ALL DAY on a single battery, and I ONLY used up 3.5ml of juice. Doesn't get much more efficient than that !!!
    A little off the topic but there are of us who do,enjoy a warm to hot vape,like a cigarette used to have . Fortunately for me that's only first thing when I wake up for about the first 1-1 1/2 hours.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    A little off the topic but there are of us who do,enjoy a warm to hot vape,like a cigarette used to have . Fortunately for me that's only first thing when I wake up for about the first 1-1 1/2 hours.

Agree. I try to replicate those first few pulls on the morning cigarette…all the time. But we don't have to commit to 6-turns 22g for that 1-2 sec full pull. Or the heat for that matter. It's quite possible to achieve that kind of consistent full output with the proper power to wetted surface relationship at reasonable power levels and temperature with the appropriate wind technique and coil design for the atomizer. Most of us are just wasting way too much power to get there throwing wire mass at the challenge.

• Agree
    Reactions: tj99959

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Agree. I try to replicate those first few pulls on the morning cigarette…all the time. But we don't have to commit to 6-turns 22g for that 1-2 sec full pull. Or the heat for that matter. It's quite possible to achieve that kind of consistent full output with the proper power to wetted surface relationship at reasonable power levels and temperature with the appropriate wind technique and coil design for the atomizer. Most of us are just wasting way too much power to get there throwing wire mass at the challenge.

That's true.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

With the proper atomizer, a 2.0 ohm coil will produce all the warmth a person would ever want.
    As always, it's just a matter of setting the atomizer up for what you want out of it.

dripster

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    Here's my framed alien (fralien) coil that's 8ply .1×.3 ribbon, 29g for the frames, 38g for the wrap wire, all Nichrome 80 and .40 ohms in the 24mm Deathtrap RDA by Deathwish Modz, on top of the anodized aluminum purple plasma XXX stacked tube mech by Vaperz Cloud equipped with dual Sanyo NCR2070C cells from NKON in The Netherlands. It's got the right amount of oomph for me, it's a warm wet dense saturated flavorful vape with nice big clouds, and, it easily gets me through the whole day.

new fralien.jpg waviness.jpg

dripster

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    That depends. I own a Strombreaker (triple parallel) mech mod by Vaperz Cloud, the horrible inefficiency at low resistance ranges that you speak of is just in your horribly inefficient imagination.
    It still simply depends. High wattage regulated boxes such as my Wismec Reuleaux RX300 (paraseries) box, when it comes to comparing their efficiency in pure terms of how long it takes before ArcticFox drops my custom preheat curve and gives me a "Battery Weak" message versus how long it takes before I find that the vape feels too weak on my Hammer Of God by Vaperz Cloud... well, you get the picture: apples and oranges when you're not using a preheat curve that tries to (but still fails to nevertheless) TRULY mimic the aggressive fast ramp up that is so very clearly typifying of a mech at least if that's how you specifically build on a mech (I know I do).

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Reactions: Skeebo

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    That depends. I own a Strombreaker (triple parallel) mech mod by Vaperz Cloud, the horrible inefficiency at low resistance ranges that you speak of is just in your horribly inefficient imagination.
    I was referring to single battery tubes, not multi-battery series devices. It's ok to disagree, but there's no need to be insulting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread