How efficient is your mech setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I was referring to single battery tubes, not multi-battery series devices. It's ok to disagree, but there's no need to be insulting.
I wasn't trying to be insulting, just utterly failing to understand why anyone in their right mind would want to compare single battery tube mech mods with high wattage regulated box mods. Because, a single battery regulated box mod isn't exactly my definition of "high wattage" so, my description of apples and oranges is still a perfectly valid one after all, IMO anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skeebo

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    You can flame your throat with 6-7 watts (just let your wick run dry), so what's the big deal with vaping at mega watts?!?

There is no such thing as efficiency when ya need 3-4 18650s & 30ml of juice to make it through the day.

Efficiency is when ya get the nick-TH-flavor that is desired at the lowest possible settings.

When you can get the vape ya want at 'sub AMP' instead of sub ohm THEN ya will have something to brag about. Until then we all are using inefficient devices.

Last edited:
    Reactions: MacTechVpr

dripster

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    You can flame your throat with 6-7 watts (just let your wick run dry), so what's the big deal with vaping at mega watts?!?

There is no such thing as efficiency when ya need 3-4 18650s & 30ml of juice to make it through the day.

Efficiency is when ya get the nick-TH-flavor that is desired at the lowest possible settings.

When you can get the vape ya want at 'sub AMP' instead of sub ohm THEN ya will have something to brag about.
    There's not too many people out there who particularly like the vape you get from a wick run dry I don't think. So logically, it must be that vaping at "mega watts" doesn't flame your throat, at least not if your wick is kept wet, saturated, and your coil's total surface area is big enough, and your airflow type is both strong enough and stable enough, and also is focused onto the coil directly enough. My throat isn't fireproof. So if it works for me (it does), it must work for others who have tried to do the same. In fact the primary reason why I tried it is because others had already successfully done it before me. So there's no big secret. It's just a bit of applied science, no black magic there. Cooling effect is provided by airflow in cohort with evaporation in cohort with surface area. But of course designing your coil such that the numerous small cavities and crevasses in it will create a strong enough adsorption effect to, during the evaporation process, keep juice flowing fast enough from the wick into the coil will help also in addition to all this. Whether you like or don't like such a powerful vape is entirely up to you to decide, though. Personally, I, don't see myself vaping like that all day long TBH. But variation is the spice of life.

I once vaped ~40ml of 0mg juice in just a few hours time. I'm not saying this because I want to brag about it, but the flavor and especially the feel of the vape turned out to be pretty awesome.

Valhalla.jpg

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I'd be interested to see if that was the case.

Try repeating my testing using the same setup, I was using a Samsung 30Q.

Running a .25 dual coil build on a single battery mech, and maxing out the CDR of a 15a battery is less than ideal and very likely contributes to the amount of voltage drop you listed. On my VA Spade mech with a .24 single coil build, running a Sanyo 2070C I get a drop of .12 volts max. This is with contacts that have not been cleaned recently, and an older coil that needs changed soon. I would say it has a little bit of room to become very slightly more efficient.

I am not trying to argue one way or the other. Just wanted to share my results where the battery is under less stress.

Reactions: sonicbomb
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread