The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Whats with all the Provari hate?

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by littlewierdo, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cactus Breath

Cactus Breath Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2013
    AZ
    From reading the forums more recently, the Reonauts have surpassed the Provarinati in this realm. It seems like every beginner who doesn't even know how to turn on an eGo battery or attach a clearo is being directed to a Reo mod with an RBA as the best solution.

2. Thunderball

Thunderball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2013
    Grayson, Georgia
    As a pretty new, week long Pro-V owner/user.....I was sure I could tell you what I dislike about it since I own several other mods that I enjoyed.

Well........I'll have to get back with you on that.

3. Thunderball

Thunderball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2013
    Grayson, Georgia
    Im sure I can come up with something.....give me some time.

4. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Completely agree with this. :thumb:

My children likely will have me laying in my coffin much like they see me alive today -- with a Provari in my hand ... and with the power button blinking away to say it's battery needs to be changed.

5. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Who changed the topic?
    Waffles, tacos, cheerleaders. Stay on topic.

6. kabonk

kabonk Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2010
    NW Detroit Burbs
    my vamo died after 4 months and as much as I loved my sigelei telemax it died after 2 months, my first provari is still going strong after 2 years I still like it and use it everyday

7. sgenn99

sgenn99 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2012
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    oh, i'm sure it's just a matter of time. lol

8. sgenn99

sgenn99 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2012
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    it'll be the pro vari in one hand, and the billet box in the other. they're going to outlast the human race.

9. 7sixtwo

7sixtwo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    the hinterlands
    I'm just getting into this, (transitioning from Greensmoke products), so I didn't want to spend ~$200 on an APV right off the bat. After reading up on the less expensive models, I went with a Tesla.

I'll probably buy a Provari eventually, but I think I'll wait for the next model. I'd like to see one with VW.

10. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    You'll likely go through two mods which will die before that actually happens.

11. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Fanboi/girlism is generally not good for newbies in any discipline. More experienced people can read between the lines and figure things out for themselves. Newbs really need to be listened well to and responded to appropriately to help them, not to push the responders agenda.

12. 7sixtwo

7sixtwo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    the hinterlands
    That's a possibility.

Like I said, I'm new to this. If I love the hell out of my Tesla on VV, (rather than VW), with certain toppers, then maybe I'll look into a current Provari model.

We'll see.

13. dragonbone

dragonbone Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    Oh my goodness! This is the worst kind of racist ignorant nonsense I have read on the forum for a VERY long time :(.

14. keithu2

keithu2 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Honolulu, HI, USA
    Good point, as usual. Now I can go home and order the 'mini and other stuff that are sitting in the cart.
    I've read through a lot of the threads on this topic and even if I am a newb', I think it will be right for me.

It's a lot like golf equipment. There's new stuff coming out every year, but is it really better (straighter, longer, more forgiving) than the previous model(s)? I don't know for sure, but it sure hasn't helped my game a whole lot. I have enough drivers, putters, and irons to get me on the tour, yet I'm still here. . .

15. RickCain

RickCain Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2013
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I bought a Provari and don't regret it one bit....

It does what it is supposed to do very well IMHO and is something I don't mind taking out to the desert or beach for the weekend. It serves a purpose but not the end all be all device for vaping. Would I rap a .8 ohm coil on a Kayfun and put it on it, no because that isn't what it is for. The best use for me is a nice killer 705 in a tank for long drives with constant delivery of vapor.

16. Skidooxteam

Skidooxteam Full Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Casper wy USA
    I have a provari as well as a vamo and a k100 and I love my provari to death!

17. soba1

soba1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2013
    Van Nuys Ca., USA
    You won't regret it

18. soba1

soba1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2013
    Van Nuys Ca., USA
    One last thing about a Provari, the vape is the same no matter how low the batt is.
    The one thing that probably rivals it is that Soyvesto vv/vw probably spelled that wrong.

19. dragonbone

dragonbone Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    Since you are a noob, maybe you are unaware of the fact that ecigs originally came from China. 99. something % of all ecigs STILL come from China. One could argue about what is original and what is a clone or at the very minimum inspired by something else until the cows come home - and beyond!!!
    I think you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Look HERE as an example of a Chinese factory. Have YOU been to a Chinese factory? Have you been to any factory? Have you ever travelled abroad or even left your state? Just wondering...

Nothing new under the sun, but if it is, it's from China lol.

20. Fizzpop

Fizzpop Super Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2013
    United States
    Back in my university days, I had a professor that gave a wicked hard calculus problem on a final. Wicked hard as long as you were stuck in cartesian coordinates. Solution just fell out if you had the sense to see that spherical coordinates lended itself to the problem at hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.