How has Vaping improved your hobbies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamvector

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Wisconsin
I know there have been other threads related to this, but I thought it might be fun to share the myriad of benefits vaping has on our recreational activities and hobbies.

In my case, I love being able to play my guitars, drums, and keys without interrupting the song to dump ashes or to keep from burning myself. When I used to play out (I was a drummer), I used to turn and do a head thrash to ditch my ash, or try to spit out the cig to a spot where the guitar player would stomp it; ahh, those were the days. Now I can play with an auto xl and toke the whole time (the only time I use autos).

How about some good stories from ya'll on how this has changed the way you recreate?

jamvector

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Wisconsin
It's been great for fishing and hunting. I Deer and Elk hunt around 7-9k feet and can feel the difference in my stamina, especially going uphill. For river fishing while wearing waders, I use a lanyard, which is 100 times easier than holding my fishing rod and juggling my cigarettes and lighter in 34 degree water.

I wish I could convince some of my friends that are big hunters of the benefits of not smelling smokey - animals can smell you a mile away. I think it matters for fishing as well; I used to think of what effect my nic-stained fingers had everytime I tied or baited my line - unfortunately, I have yet to see measureable improvements in my catch :facepalm: I don't hunt as much anymore but still fish a ton.

I envy your environment snow, I have a couple of grad students in my lab from Idaho and I have been through Pocatello and Boise years ago - truly God's country. :toast:

Thanks everyone for playing along - it's great to hear about your pastimes and interests :)

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Great topic. I hit a few of the above. I make a living with music but it's a hobie too. My voice is much better, same things as you noted while playing drums. Hunting is nice taking an e-cig out (no led's allowed). I did UFC for a bit in the end it was mostly a hobie it helped my cardio a bunch. (all done after a couple of weeks ago, but it was nice to get one last fight in kinda feeling like my old self). Ice fishing is nice, now I don't huff and puff while trying to keep up with my friends pulling a sled full of ice fishing stuff.

Very Cool thread, thanks

plantlvr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Northern California
I love plants, so I'm always starting one, a seed, cutting, etc. Hard to smoke a cig with wet or muddy hands, so vaping is a big plus.
But I also love to read, and sitting in my 'smoking room', aka the garage, with a great book and a pack of cigs, was my escape. I still read and garden but I'm actually enjoying other things I used to ignore when I smoked.
And even thinking about yoga, wtf? LOL@myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread