How has your vaping evolved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proverb31

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Overland Park, Kansas, USA
I started out on all TW products - a Titan Tank and their pre-made juices. 36mg strength... and most of their juices are 70/30 ratios.

Then it was the first model of the Torpedo when they went on clearance to make room for the Chrome models.

Now days I vape with yet another TW product: the Vape-Pro. I'm still a pretty hardcore fan of TW when it comes to devices, mainly because of their GREAT customer service and troubleshooting/tech support, along with decent warranties on all their devices, and it doesn't hurt that their devices are very well made and sturdy to boot. And the forums are friendly and awesome sources of info as well. My juice on the other hand has changed drastically. I vape 50/50 right now because I found the high PG ratio fluids were giving me headaches among other things. Because of that, I had to quit the TW juices but I'm actually quite glad I did. Don't get me wrong... a lot of their flavors taste good... but also there's a lot of bad apples as well, and most importantly not much of a selection. I have pretty much tried all of their flavors I want to try. I also realized there was much cheaper juice to be found. And then I discovered MBV. Not only do they let me select the proper ratio at no charge, but they also have TONS of every flavor imaginable, and I also discovered with them that I really prefer natural flavoring to artificial. For me, the natural flavoring does a much better job at mimicking whatever flavor it's supposed to taste like. It also helps that I spend about half as much on their juices as I would TW juices (actually more than that if the TW juice isn't being YoYoed). Now I'm starting to play around with flavor shots, but I think I will give those a rest as I find they tend to make the juice harder to vape. Or maybe it's the extra VG. I'm not really sure. But they DO burn very easily, so I might try going without the extra flavor shot this month.

I'm dying to try a good natural mango flavor of juice now as well.

Let us know if you find a good mango. I love fresh mango, but I think it is a hard flavor to duplicate in any food or beverage... so I don't expect to find a vape in mango I like. They all seem to sweet and fake where I find mango a bit tart unless it has ripened to mush.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Started with a Janty-Ego-T as my first rig, so was lucky to be honest as I missed out on all the maintenance issues etc that came with a lot of previous models.

Went from 16mg juice to 11mg then down to 6mg as I found the stronger juices gave me terrible insomnia if I vaped an hour or two before bedtime.

Then I kept at it for around 6 months and to be honest with a good menthol Juice I found made in Italy and Janty original tobacco I was happy as Larry, it felt just as good as smoking tbh but THERE WERE certain situations where it was not the same -

A. if I got super stressed out, lost my bank card or peed off at work and then lost my umbrella and had to walk home in the rain - no amount of vaping could compete with the analogues for stress relief, so I'd buy a pack if super stressed

B. Before bed. Even 6mg juice before bed would and still will give me really bad insomnia, so if I need one right before bed I have a pack of cigs in a drawer for this.

C. Sometimes when very drunk, vaping just couldn't go with beer like a cig does and I would smoke a few

So I keep a pack around in case of A and B emergencies above and will sometimes ponce off of mates at the pub if really drunk.

But in my day to day normal life with no agravation - I actually enjoy vape as much if not more than smoking because of the range of flavors I can choose from and thelack of fatigue and better muscle tone and overall healthier feeling!

Well anyway I got really bad insomnia and couldn't get low mg juices anymore and have bipolar2, so I started self medicating with booze every night to sleep and went back to the smokies about 2/3 years ago.

Stupidly sold my two ego-t batty, attys, XL cartos (my fave, better than the tanks) and all my juices and parephenalia

Recently I have got my life in order, had 14 months of therapy and meds and am doing very well indeed and am insomnia FREE and I want to be smoke free again, I'm sick of the tiredness and fatigue it gives me. I never have a cough, don't care about the $$$$ - it's just the fatigue, especially in summer.

So yesterday I bought a cruddy -cig-alike with ten carts - it is a piece of dreck. The battery runs out every 2 hours and each cart gives about ten good puffs lol.

So I just ordered a new Ovale Ego-T which comes with 3 attys and 10mg of 'low' nic juice.

So that'll keep me for a week or two and then I'll order some more (1mg a day was all I went through at most) juice online or visit a store that makes the stuff (I live in Shanghai, China)

Will be hoping to find a good menthol. Sometimes I'd get an okay menthol and mix it with a baccy flavor juice and that would be perfect.

It will take willpower to never have a smokey again and I'm not claiming I never will, but I'll smoke a lot less, probably two thirds less and that is something.

Last edited:

MartiP

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
San Antonio, TX, USA

Proverb31

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Overland Park, Kansas, USA
Started with a Janty-Ego-T as my first rig, so was lucky to be honest as I missed out on all the maintenance issues etc that came with a lot of previous models.

Went from 16mg juice to 11mg then down to 6mg as I found the stronger juices gave me terrible insomnia if I vaped an hour or two before bedtime.

Then I kept at it for around 6 months and to be honest with a good menthol Juice I found made in Italy and Janty original tobacco I was happy as Larry, it felt just as good as smoking tbh but THERE WERE certain situations where it was not the same -

A. if I got super stressed out, lost my bank card or peed off at work and then lost my umbrella and had to walk home in the rain - no amount of vaping could compete with the analogues for stress relief, so I'd buy a pack if super stressed

B. Before bed. Even 6mg juice before bed would and still will give me really bad insomnia, so if I need one right before bed I have a pack of cigs in a drawer for this.

C. Sometimes when very drunk, vaping just couldn't go with beer like a cig does and I would smoke a few

So I keep a pack around in case of A and B emergencies above and will sometimes ponce off of mates at the pub if really drunk.

But in my day to day normal life with no agravation - I actually enjoy vape as much if not more than smoking because of the range of flavors I can choose from and thelack of fatigue and better muscle tone and overall healthier feeling!

Well anyway I got really bad insomnia and couldn't get low mg juices anymore and have bipolar2, so I started self medicating with booze every night to sleep and went back to the smokies about 2/3 years ago.

Stupidly sold my two ego-t batty, attys, XL cartos (my fave, better than the tanks) and all my juices and parephenalia

Recently I have got my life in order, had 14 months of therapy and meds and am doing very well indeed and am insomnia FREE and I want to be smoke free again, I'm sick of the tiredness and fatigue it gives me. I never have a cough, don't care about the $$$$ - it's just the fatigue, especially in summer.

So yesterday I bought a cruddy -cig-alike with ten carts - it is a piece of dreck. The battery runs out every 2 hours and each cart gives about ten good puffs lol.

So I just ordered a new Ovale Ego-T which comes with 3 attys and 10mg of 'low' nic juice.

So that'll keep me for a week or two and then I'll order some more (1mg a day was all I went through at most) juice online or visit a store that makes the stuff (I live in Shanghai, China)

Will be hoping to find a good menthol. Sometimes I'd get an okay menthol and mix it with a baccy flavor juice and that would be perfect.

It will take willpower to never have a smokey again and I'm not claiming I never will, but I'll smoke a lot less, probably two thirds less and that is something.

I wish you the best of luck. It is difficult to quit smoking. I just got lucky this time perhaps, because I've tried it all. Patches, gum, carrots-- went through three to five pounds a day... but with vaping I started with a kr808 and thought I was switching brands. Now I am just eagerly awaiting a battery that will last longer than it takes to charge. LOL, but not even considering buying a pack, I'll wait for the new vamo. I probably didn't need two of them, but I ordered two because two egos are not working. I bought over priced knock offs and they take 8 hours to charge and last about an 1.5 hours. So hopefully soon I will be happy vaping all day without waiting for a battery to charge. But just in case I ordered a itaste mvp also. Now what I've read from the reviews I should be good for a week in a power outage. LOL

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
Started with blu cigs from a tv ad. I was a heavy smoker so those were a little too pansy-a** for me. Went to Johnson creek vea - a little better but still couldn't get the cartos to last. Got a provari and tanks. Took a long time to learn how to do tanks right and relapsed on cigs several times in the process. Got a REO which stopped that. Now I use my provari and reos as a backup and life is good. Also took a long time and lots of costly research to find juices I consistently like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
been vaping my new Ovale ego all evening and loving it. 6mg 'Virginia tobacco' juice.

All the fun and stimulation and flavor of smoking without feeling physically crud.

Actually I'm a tad scared at how much I'm enjoying the mental and physical stimulation..... Cigs always made me feel foggy and fatigued but vaping makes me feel high and (gulp) I like it.

Ah well, better than other things I could be doing....

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Also took a long time and lots of costly research to find juices I consistently like.

^^ I don't want to sound like I'm pushing them and I do not work for them or am affiliated in anyway with them - but spend the extra on Janty, give one of their sample kits a try or something, their juices just work. Every one I tried I was like 'cappucino, um good, cherry, ah yeah, wow, great menthol.' Things cost more for a reason, you get what you pay for etc....

Also a brand called 'Dulce' are expensive but just consistently damned good. whenever I tried in the past to save money on cheaper sites, the juices were crud and made me go back to smoking. Dekang juices are good to - if they're still around, been a while for me back to vaping after 2-3 years back on the cigs.....

YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread