Your last Analog Cancer Stick,, How was it? Why was it your last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KentuckyRain

Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
I want today/tonight to be my last,, I have been planning this night for over 2 weeks,,, hubby and I are going to have our house smoke free, (cigarette smoke) come morning. I am anxious and yet nervous. I have found in the last 2 weeks of vaping/smoking that mostly the analogs are out of habit/ritual more than need. I have found that cigarettes taste nasty , (but yet I still seem to light and hold them). I love my pv and the taste I get from them. In 2 weeks of trying it,, I have cut down from 2-1/2-3 packs a day, down to just under 1 pack a day, now I want to just quit the analogs.

Is this too much to ask for? Is this going to be to hard come tomorrow??

I'm looking for advice/opinion from ppl that did both vaping and cigarettes,, then gave up the cigarettes. How did you do it? What did you feel for the last analog? What made your last one, your last one??'

Thanks for all advice/opinions,,, you guys are great!

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
My last analog was three days after I began vaping. Was horrible, nasty and I felt like I just licked an ashtray. Confirmed that vaping was better and that it had ruined my addiction to analogs.

Congrats on making the switch! Don't be too hard on yourself if you still want one. I tapered down to 5 and three before giving it up completely.

KentuckyRain

Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
My last analog was three days after I began vaping. Was horrible, nasty and I felt like I just licked an ashtray. Confirmed that vaping was better and that it had ruined my addiction to analogs.

Congrats on making the switch! Don't be too hard on yourself if you still want one. I tapered down to 5 and three before giving it up completely.

Thank you,,, was the 5 then 3 in a few days?

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
Kentucky, find that switch in your brain, you know it's in there, fumble around in the dark for a few minutes, feel around, find the switch AND FLIP IT! Only you can do it. It's a mind set and it can be done, I quit a 41 year habit by flipping that switch with the help of e cigs. You've got the e cig.....now flip the switch.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Well, for me it was more of an experiment to see if e-cigs would work. I purchased the e-cig at a tobacco shop along with cigs. Funny huh?

I checked it out. It was "OK". Not great. Didn't know much about them. Found ECF. ECF saved my ....! Ordered some 510's and some juice. All this while still smoking too. I made dang sure that I had all the mechanics worked out before quitting the smokes. They just kind of tapered off. Note my sig line below. There's a date and a time.

The time is approximate (probably an hour or so earlier, wasn't really sure). But, it was the last cig in the last pack. Once I had the vaping thing "working", and one pack lasted me ...IDK... 3 or 4 days, I finished them off and I was done. Didn't buy anymore.

Now, you should know that there is still a minor withdrawal from tobacco, even while using e-cigs. At least there was for me. Lasted about 3 weeks. I had to "tough it out". It helped to have high enough nic juice (24 mg for me) and vape my way through it. I still got a bit crabby. And a bit depressed even. And then there were some physical symptoms (kind of like a mild cold as my body started clearing out all the nasty tars and such).

BTW ... Occasional dark chocolate consumption recommended to all vapers giving up tobacco for the 1st 2 or 3 weeks if you don't have any problems with it. Compensates for lack of MAOIs.

Drink plenty of water/juice.

What did I feel about the last analog? Kept telling myself "I'm out of cigs and I'm NOT buying anymore of those dang cancer sticks!...vape...vape...vape".

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
I quit with a full pack at the ready, still have it in a zip lock bag in the freezer after two and a half years. I like it there, I know I can if I want to but I don't want to. Comforting somehow that it is there.

AttyPops, your post was a good one, it explains what happens truthfully. There was some anxiety when I quit but I had made up my mind and now I couldn't be happier.

BTW, you will never have the need to "talk me into" eating dark chocolate, I'll go there anytime!

Tiny

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Wisconsin
I smoked for 40+ years, bought a PV to help cut back, the next day I had my last cigarette. The last one tasted ugly, didn't know at the time it would be my last one but by then end of the day I realized I hadn't grabbed a .... all day and I'll see how far I can go. It's been 7 weeks, it wasn't always easy but it has been manageable.

I had 9 packs of cigarettes when I quit, and kept them for a month in case I chose to go back. I lit them all up, in a barrel three weeks ago, they burned really pretty.

KentuckyRain

Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
OMG I'm really gonna do this!! I just went and kissed my hubby,, he asked "what was that for?". I told him,, "That was the last kiss,, of my cigarette breathe". I am taking a picture of my remaining cancer sticks and putting them in a zip log bag with a not that has date and time on them.. not sure what I will do with them,, but I feel good and have high hopes,,, thank you all for helping me!

KentuckyRain

Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
I smoked for 40+ years, bought a PV to help cut back, the next day I had my last cigarette. The last one tasted ugly, didn't know at the time it would be my last one but by then end of the day I realized I hadn't grabbed a .... all day and I'll see how far I can go. It's been 7 weeks, it wasn't always easy but it has been manageable.

I had 9 packs of cigarettes when I quit, and kept them for a month in case I chose to go back. I lit them all up, in a barrel three weeks ago, they burned really pretty.

Love it! I should have asked this question a week ago because when I was ready to give them up,, I still had 6 packs left from carton,, and felt I needed to keep smoking and make those last few packs my last,,,,, but I did not "need" them,, I just kept smoking them out of habit I think... or maybe I was kidding myself? I dont know,, but I have high hopes and I dont want anymore,,, I hope I can do this!

KentuckyRain

Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
I have like 2 weeks without a cig right now , i have never miss it or feel the urge for one but in rain nights like today il love to light some :) it was like a ritual to me but i made a promise to some that i wouldnt light another one again :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Call me and we will talk eachother out of one!!!!

KentuckyRain

Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Call me and we will talk eachother out of one!!!!

I must say,, u scare me! You have gone 2 weeks and would love to light some,, that scares me,, OMG is it gonna take 2 weeks??? I gave them already,, in my mind,, in my house,,, I put my remainders in a ziploc bag in the freezer,,, that was around 9:30 I believe,,, DONT SCARE ME LIKE THAT.

Last edited:

Pipes

Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Oshawa
I just ordered some ecig stuff from china one night as just surfing and that that they looked kind of cool.
Once I started I thought I could quite smoking with these at my disposal. Just finished the last pack I had and went ecig 100% and never looked back. Toughest in the morning but after an hour or so of vaping had no real problem. My wife insists it's still like smoking. I know different so don't care.

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
OMG I'm really gonna do this!! I just went and kissed my hubby,, he asked "what was that for?". I told him,, "That was the last kiss,, of my cigarette breathe". I am taking a picture of my remaining cancer sticks and putting them in a zip log bag with a not that has date and time on them.. not sure what I will do with them,, but I feel good and have high hopes,,, thank you all for helping me!

You go girl! You can do it, we might be a little help. Whatever you do, don't beat yourself up. You're on a path, a journey, one step at a time, one foot in front of the other. We're cheering for you but we will never be disappointed in you.

KentuckyRain

Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
You go girl! You can do it, we might be a little help. Whatever you do, don't beat yourself up. You're on a path, a journey, one step at a time, one foot in front of the other. We're cheering for you but we will never be disappointed in you.

One step at a time,,, my last was at 9:30 pm,, I know I have them in the fridge,,,,, I kinda want one,, but I dont want one,,, Im fighting,,,, Can I make it????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread