How Important Were Flavors to Help You to Quit Smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Been vaping tobacco juice all day... just switched to "apple pie" I would have got really tired of just the tobacco, and like I said can't wait to try menthol tobacco mix. The crazy thing is even "tobacco" juices are not real tobacco flavor... just flavors that resemble it (except NETs and WTAs)

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
@Baditude - might you do this in POLL form? I do believe it'd be easier for you to track.

In answer to your question, flaves were very important for me at the onset. I simply PREFERRED flavored vapes to the non-existent "flavor" of cigarettes.

Are the flavors still important? Of course they are, but I would force myself into a steady diet of unflavored if need be.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
I was just going to bring this up. I saw a video of some "old men" trying vaping for the first time. One of them was wearing a "chef" type clothing. He made a comment that this would help people with over-eating... vape the cherry pie instead of eating it.

Absolutely. When I feel like going to buy some cake, I take my vape instead and voila. It helps in more ways than one could imagine. I really hope this ban doesn’t go through!

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
I started with tobacco flavors. Absolutely love Halo Malibu with a bit of Halo's Belgian Cocoa.

So yes, the flavors were important!

I like the other flavors, but now I'm mixing my own Cherry cola tobacco blend or my White TicTac. I vape both through the day.

(If I couldn't mix my own) And if I could only do tobacco flavor? I don't know what I'd do, but I will NEVER SMOKE ANOTHER CIGARETTE! I'm almost at 6 years now. I'm glad I can mix my own.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
I tried doing tobacco flavored with a cocktail and it isn't the same. Tobacco flavored tastes like an ashtray to me. Not a good taste. Flavors are very important, regardless of what you are doing. Some people like more. Some like less. But the vast majority prefer some sort of flavor. The only flavorless thing I consume is water.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
Also wanted to add this....

Flavors was not just important for quitting. It can also help with a sweet tooth. I used it in my lifestyle change. (I refuse to call it a a diet. Those who diet gain it all back when they stop dieting.) So as I was cutting out sugar, which is more dangerous than vaping in my honest opinion, I would take a few hits of something sweet, like a strawberry cheesecake flavor vape, and that helps curb my craving for sweets a bit. I limit myself to a cookie or so instead of binging on half a bag. Vaping on something fruity helps me not crave a can of soda.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Flavors didn't really become important to me the first couple of years I vaped. I started with tobacco flavors. After awhile that flavor would start tasting bad and I'd go to another tobacco flavor. Eventually I hated all of them and went to other flavors. I've basically vaped the same flavor for the past 5 years and luckily it's very easy to DIY. No way could I go back to the tobacco flavors I used to vape. Nor is unflavored an option, since I vape 65% PG, 35% VG. PG doesn't taste all that great compared to VG.

Incidentally, we can all be mad at President Trump, but it really doesn't matter what he does. Come next May, most flavors are going to be gone anyway, whether he bans them or not. Do you really think flavor companies have the bucks to try to get approved hundreds of flavors in all kinds of nic strength and different PG/VG ratios? They would be spending millions of dollars in hopes of getting approved, and probably wouldn't be. I think flavors are going to be gone in May and we best get used to it.

• Agree
Reactions: puffon

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I think flavors are going to be gone in May and we best get used to it.
Most everything vape-related is going to be affected, not just flavored juices. The real question is: How rigorously will it be enforced?

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Flavors were a lot more important to me than I thought. I bought Strawberry Cupcake and Banana Muffin. When I finally got my tank filled, I was in love. I had no idea the flavors could be so good. That night I dreamed I quit smoking - an incredibly wonderful dream.

And now, yes, flavors are important to me. I don't really think I will go back to smoking but I've really been craving one recently. It's probably because they make me go to the smoke breaks. I don't know. But I do like ordering a variety of flavors and picking a different one everyday. It's going to suck to not get flavors again. But I could try unflavored. We shall see. I really hope I don't smoke.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    To quit smoking with - vaping flavours with crucial for me. I smoked menthol cigarettes. When I bought ejuice, I stuck with mints mainly - but mixed them up with some cream, or toffee ejuice.

To stay smoke-free - flavours played an even more important role. I found ADVs I just loved. I looked forward to vaping each morning.

I started DIY after 9 months smoke-free, and felt like a kid in a candy store. I still do ;)
    That EUREKA moment when you create a mix you absolutely love is priceless :thumb:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 25, 2014
    NY
    Also wanted to add this....

Flavors was not just important for quitting. It can also help with a sweet tooth. I used it in my lifestyle change. (I refuse to call it a a diet. Those who diet gain it all back when they stop dieting.) So as I was cutting out sugar, which is more dangerous than vaping in my honest opinion, I would take a few hits of something sweet, like a strawberry cheesecake flavor vape, and that helps curb my craving for sweets a bit. I limit myself to a cookie or so instead of binging on half a bag. Vaping on something fruity helps me not crave a can of soda.
    ^^^THIS. I've been hooked on sweets since I was super young, just in the sense that I'd eat way too much of them. Vaping sweet flavors helped cut my sugar consumption dramatically! And it was a lasting effect because even after ditching flavored e-liquid I've never gone back to the insane amount of sweets I used to eat.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Researching the flavors and looking at all the pretty pictures of juices on websites and ordering what looked interesting to me made vaping fun. And a distraction from smoking. I now stealth vape unflavored during my work day and it’s quite satisfying. But I’m a dessert vape girl at home. Smoke free since August 2012 after a 30 year smoking habit.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    1) How important flavors were to get you off of cigarettes when you began vaping?
    It was the major factor, though I was so determined to stop smoking I would have endured almost any flavour.

2)How important are they to you today to keep you from returning back to smoking?
    Extremely.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread