ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Ok.....thanks
Will shop and see what I get

Good luck. And bear in mind that more wattage doesn't necessarily mean more or better flavor. I have tried sub-ohming and it's not my thing. I'm a committed mouth to lung vaper and I love it. The best flavor I've ever experienced in my vaping career comes from a Kayfun 4, wicked at 1.5Ω, at 9-11 watts. :)

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Katya ...

And your not the only one that has tried sub-ohm vaping, but was not overly impressed.

I am back mouth to lung vaping on a Lemo 2 with the airflow turned way back down.

Using a single Kanthal 27 gauge coil at 1.2 ohms, and feeding it 13 watts .... perfectly happy!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Katya ...

And your not the only one that has tried sub-ohm vaping, but was not overly impressed.

I am back mouth to lung vaping on a Lemo 2 with the airflow turned way back down.

Using a single Kanthal 27 gauge coil at 1.2 ohms, and feeding it 13 watts .... perfectly happy!

Right? :D

Love my Lemo Drop...

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Good luck. And bear in mind that more wattage doesn't necessarily mean more or better flavor. I have tried sub-ohming and it's not my thing. I'm a committed mouth to lung vaper and I love it. The best flavor I've ever experienced in my vaping career comes from a Kayfun 4, wicked at 1.5Ω, at 9-11 watts. :)

Katya ...

Sub-ohm, above ohm can be a bit of a mind trick :)

My Favorite coil builds are 1.2ohm @ 15w, as I am very much a Flavor chaser. Learning how to tune TC has made it even better.:thumb:

The thing is, If Asked, I Vape .6ohm @ 30w
That is 2 x 1.2ohm Coils Running 15w each(30 watts) in a single tank :D

Remember, a Tank is simply a Container - like a Jar - to told the E-liquid the Coil(s)/wick(s) will eventually use.:thumbs:

It is not so much what you use, but how you use it. I also, very often, enjoy using 1.8ohm Cartomizers :ohmy:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
The one I see always listed
View attachment 518133

That chart is outdated, for the current market in atomizers -- it relates more to the old-style "clearomizers" and "cartomizers".

For instance... it says that at 2 ohms, 4.5v is too much -- but that is the setting currently on my iPV Mini (9w -- with a 2 ohm coil -- 4.5v), and it's a very mild vape -- but it's with an RDA, an Achilles -- which doesn't have much airflow at all, but it's a much bigger atomizing chamber than any "clearo".

I'd say that chart is about 2-3 yrs out of date.

Andria

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Sub-ohm, above ohm can be a bit of a mind trick :)

My Favorite coil builds are 1.2ohm @ 15w, as I am very much a Flavor chaser. Learning how to tune TC has made it even better.:thumb:

The thing is, If Asked, I Vape .6ohm @ 30w
That is 2 x 1.2ohm Coils Running 15w each(30 watts) in a single tank :D

Remember, a Tank is simply a Container - like a Jar - to told the E-liquid the Coil(s)/wick(s) will eventually use.:thumbs:

It is not so much what you use, but how you use it. I also, very often, enjoy using 1.8ohm Cartomizers :ohmy:

Exactly right. An overpowered high resistance coil is just as bad as an underpowered sub-ohm coil. Many new vapers believe that they could use a .5Ω coil at 12 watts to get a more mellow vape--big mistake. An underpowered sub-ohm coil is harsh and nasty...

Having said that, my personal preference is a higher resistance, fast heating coil at lower wattages as opposed to lower resistance big coil with big wick at 20-30 watts or more.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Katya ...

Currently MTL vaping a 27ga, 1.2Ω coil at 32 Watts. :)

Higher wattage mods negate the necessity of "sub ohm" coils. The phrase "Sub Ohm" has become nothing more then an unfortunate buzzword used to sell gear.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
First, your Provari is NOT going to support High wattage vaping. your going to need somethig that can handle sub ohm loads. Look into Sigeli for decent cheap capable mods. The Releux RX200 or however that thing is spelled.... Costs about 50 bucks and will run up to 200watts, coil dependant... For a tank look into the crown. I Have a crown with the stock .25 coil heads and I regularly run it around 75-90 watts. tons of flavor and tons of vapor.

The Uwell Crown and RX200 are made for each other IMO.

I am using the Reuleaux SX200 with the 0.25ohm coil in my Crown at 70w. Amazing combination for under $100 for both. If I use a 0.50ohm build in the Crown, I only vape at 30w.

I also use a Kanger Subox with an Aspire Nautilus Mini with a 1.8ohm coil and I never go over 12w.

More to it than just wattage in any case.....

Reactions: beckdg

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Reactions: Bad Ninja

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Currently MTL vaping a 27ga, 1.2Ω coil at 32 Watts. :)

I can't see how that couldn't be a very hot vape no matter how much airflow you have.

If you put those numbers in the Steam Engine calculator, you come up with a Heat Flux of 334 mW/ mm²

That's HOT

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I can't see how that couldn't be a very hot vape no matter how much airflow you have.

If you put those numbers in the Steam Engine calculator, you come up with a Heat Flux of 334 mW/ mm²

That's HOT

I don't know about heatflux, but for my vaping style, it's pleasantly warm, not hot.

Reactions: Boden

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I don't know about heatflux, but for my vaping style, it's pleasantly warm, not hot.

Its heat flux is 221 (whatever.. degrees???) warmer than my own of 113 (for a 29ga 2Ω coil at 9w) -- that's VERY HOT!!!

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread