How long do vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TypeOholic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Ask 10 different vapers and you'll probably get 10 different answers. The quick and dirty answer is going to be "vape until you feel satisfied." If you start getting light headed, feeling like your heart is racing, or the beginnings of a headache, then you've probably vaped too much.

Agreed 100%. For my first few days, I was vaping constantly because it was new and cool and fun and.... I noticed some headaches and some heart racing. I started vaping when I would get the urge to go outside for a smoke. I would take 2 or 3 draws on my PV and then put it down. I found that after doing that, I was vaping 2 or 3 draws every hour or so which is about how often I was smoking. So, that became my routine.

You will figure out what works for you after a while. :)

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
I was worried about that in the beginning too. Now . . . notsomuch. I realized how much different vaping is to smoking. A cigarette ties you to a specific length of time. Ever said "I'm just gonna have a quick cigarette." Yeah, there is no such thing. Your cigarettes are all the same length. You can, however, have a quick vape. Take a few puffs, get a little nicotine, then you're off.

It will just take a little amount of time, and your concern will disappear as you become more accustomed to vaping. Welcome to ECF, and enjoy your journey!

KissMint

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
PA
I get about 12 draws from one regular size cig. I have been trying to do the math in the beginning but it seems to be worthless as I can't calculate how much nic I'm actually vaping per draw from my carto.

I get faster satisfaction from higher nic juice (36mg) but I realize i don't have the same routine as smoking so I have to drop the nic to 18-24mg. It is also may due to the fact that I still have some withdrawals from other chemicals in a traditional cig, i sometimes still crave for a cigarette even as I chain vape. :vapor::confused:

Vaping4Sanity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Centerville, Ohio
I can't compare vaping to smoking. I didn't used to chain smoke, but I pretty much chain vape. Not even because of the need for the nicotine, but because I actually enjoy it. When I find a juice that really clicks with me, I have a hard time putting it down. If vaping was fattening, I'd be huge!

drum747

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Oregon
I smoked more than a pack a day of Marlboro Reds and when I started vaping I computed the nicotine wrong and was vaping 18mg all day long but was really ready to snap!! I upped the nic level to 24 and now I have leveled off pretty nicely, I vape for about 5-10 minutes when I would normally have had a cig and take a hit and put it down, take another hit, etc. when I am home. You will find what works best for you, it just takes time.

humpty

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
HK
I used to feel guilty about the health effects of analogs and so was a secret analog smoker for about a year, avoiding group smoking sessions and felt irritable when my friends lit up. Now I chain vape all day at home with no worries. Knowing I can do this means i can go on for long hours without it at work with perhaps 2 or 3 stealth vapes at work in selected areas. Watching my mates smoke is a breeze now, for some reason it feels kinda smug.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
How long do you vape for to get the benefit/feeling of having one cigarette?

Really hard for me to answer this one. When I quit I was doin at least 2.5 packs a day. Bought a carton every 3 days. Compulsive addictive personality. Pretty much smoked one after the other while awake. After my heart attack, Wifey returned 6 cartons to King Soopers grocery store. Now, I'm knee deep in Batts 'n juice. Pretty much vape constantly while awake. I know/knew people that actually woke themselves every two hours of sleep to have a cigarette. Myself, nature calls more frequently than when I was younger. Usually don't vape after a nature call, usually. . .
Can't even remember what it was like having just one cigarette.

Cheers,
otrpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread