The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How long do vape?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Mickyvap, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mickyvap

Mickyvap Full Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Syracuse, NY
    How long do you vape for to get the benefit/feeling of having one cigarette?

2. Raynen

Raynen Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2010
    CT
    I actually broke the cycle of "Cigarette Breaks" by just vaping here and there. Only in front of smokers do I want to vape a LOT. I really don't need that feeling like I'm taking a smoke break because I'm used to vaping. :) Vape on!

3. Lisa B

Lisa B Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2010
    Central City, Colorado
    I am a chain vaper, I vape most of the time. I don't think there is really any good answer to your question, but if I had to guess I would say 10 to 15 minutes of vaping.

4. WomanOfHeart

WomanOfHeart Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    Colorado
    Ask 10 different vapers and you'll probably get 10 different answers. The quick and dirty answer is going to be "vape until you feel satisfied." If you start getting light headed, feeling like your heart is racing, or the beginnings of a headache, then you've probably vaped too much.

5. TypeOholic

TypeOholic Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2010
    Agreed 100%. For my first few days, I was vaping constantly because it was new and cool and fun and.... I noticed some headaches and some heart racing. I started vaping when I would get the urge to go outside for a smoke. I would take 2 or 3 draws on my PV and then put it down. I found that after doing that, I was vaping 2 or 3 draws every hour or so which is about how often I was smoking. So, that became my routine.

You will figure out what works for you after a while. :)

6. FreakyStylie

FreakyStylie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2010
    The Internet
    I was worried about that in the beginning too. Now . . . notsomuch. I realized how much different vaping is to smoking. A cigarette ties you to a specific length of time. Ever said "I'm just gonna have a quick cigarette." Yeah, there is no such thing. Your cigarettes are all the same length. You can, however, have a quick vape. Take a few puffs, get a little nicotine, then you're off.

It will just take a little amount of time, and your concern will disappear as you become more accustomed to vaping. Welcome to ECF, and enjoy your journey!

7. Nomoreash

Nomoreash Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    I averaged about 10 draws on an analog which is the only answer I can give you but means abosolutely nothing in relation to vaping. You'll quickly get over the comparison thing and devope you're own style that works for you.

8. mcsayre

mcsayre Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    san bernardino, ca
    I used to finish off a pack in about two days
    but now im finding out that ill vape about 10 to 15 times a day with about 10 minute sessions:)

9. LOSINGIT

LOSINGIT Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Alabama USA
    WOW i guess im a chain vapor too. im still feeling out the flavors i just got vaperrite's organic cona cream and banana foster in the mail and im having a hard time putting the ego down with the new Lr atty in it.

10. WomanOfHeart

WomanOfHeart Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2010
    Colorado
    I'm a bit of a chain vaper, too, especially when I'm sitting in front of my computer (which is most of the time) and I've got a really delicious flavor in my cart. I have about as much self discipline as a two-year-old and I have the hardest time putting my eGo down.

11. KissMint

KissMint Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    PA
    I get about 12 draws from one regular size cig. I have been trying to do the math in the beginning but it seems to be worthless as I can't calculate how much nic I'm actually vaping per draw from my carto.

I get faster satisfaction from higher nic juice (36mg) but I realize i don't have the same routine as smoking so I have to drop the nic to 18-24mg. It is also may due to the fact that I still have some withdrawals from other chemicals in a traditional cig, i sometimes still crave for a cigarette even as I chain vape. :vapor::confused:

12. tribalb

tribalb Full Member Verified Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Orange County,CA
    I just vape till my atty gets hot then im satisfied. But its true. Ur gonna different answers to this question.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

13. Vaping4Sanity

Vaping4Sanity Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2010
    Centerville, Ohio
    I can't compare vaping to smoking. I didn't used to chain smoke, but I pretty much chain vape. Not even because of the need for the nicotine, but because I actually enjoy it. When I find a juice that really clicks with me, I have a hard time putting it down. If vaping was fattening, I'd be huge!

14. Sprint 1050

Sprint 1050 Full Member

Nov 14, 2010
    South Africa
    Went through 2 packs of analogs a day, tend to chain vape at the moment, not too worried about it. Wish i could say the same for the wife and kids, they think Ive lost the plot completely.

15. drum747

drum747 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2010
    Oregon
    I smoked more than a pack a day of Marlboro Reds and when I started vaping I computed the nicotine wrong and was vaping 18mg all day long but was really ready to snap!! I upped the nic level to 24 and now I have leveled off pretty nicely, I vape for about 5-10 minutes when I would normally have had a cig and take a hit and put it down, take another hit, etc. when I am home. You will find what works best for you, it just takes time.

16. humpty

humpty Reviewer / Blogger ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2010
    HK
    I used to feel guilty about the health effects of analogs and so was a secret analog smoker for about a year, avoiding group smoking sessions and felt irritable when my friends lit up. Now I chain vape all day at home with no worries. Knowing I can do this means i can go on for long hours without it at work with perhaps 2 or 3 stealth vapes at work in selected areas. Watching my mates smoke is a breeze now, for some reason it feels kinda smug.

17. LtrlHzrd

LtrlHzrd Full Member Verified Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Been vaping pretty staedy but only one or two drags at a time as oppsed to smoking every hour or so. In the beginning it was hard to find that satisfied spot to end similar to when the cigs burns down but i just gave up trying to make the experience simar to smoking, its much better now

18. B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr

B-Rad_The_Mad_Vapr Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2010
    In a pile of sawdust
    LMFAO...I guess I'm a vaping MONSTER then. I go through anywhere from 15-30 ml of 30mg juice a day, depending on if home or at work! I used to smoke 2 packs a day average.

19. scinsc

scinsc Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2010
    USA
    I used to smoke one cigarette an hour. Now I vape about 3 or 4 good hits every 15-20 minutes. I loose the flavor after 4 but after 15 minutes it's right back to great.

20. otrpu

otrpu Account closed on request Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2010
    Colorado
    Really hard for me to answer this one. When I quit I was doin at least 2.5 packs a day. Bought a carton every 3 days. Compulsive addictive personality. Pretty much smoked one after the other while awake. After my heart attack, Wifey returned 6 cartons to King Soopers grocery store. Now, I'm knee deep in Batts 'n juice. Pretty much vape constantly while awake. I know/knew people that actually woke themselves every two hours of sleep to have a cigarette. Myself, nature calls more frequently than when I was younger. Usually don't vape after a nature call, usually. . .
    Can't even remember what it was like having just one cigarette.

Cheers,
    otrpu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.