Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
as the others have said if you look after them they can last a while

i tend to rebuild the occ heads and the coil i have in at present is going two and bit weeks so far

the juice i am running at the moment is realy dark in colour its a chocolate that i have tried with a mint for a week when that ran out i mixed some more chocolate with a custard and the dark juice a real coil killer

but like ocelot i clean and rewick it often

i usualy take my tank off my mod remove the base and rinse it under the tap then pull the wick out on the occ coil then i put the base back on my mod after drying it and blowing any water out of it and i pulse burn it just for a second or so a couple of times letting it cool each time then blow any crap out and continue until i see it starting to glow faily nice again then i hold my mod horizontal close to a realy slow dripping tap and look through the wick hole and pulse the coil until it glows then let off the fire button and quench it with the water after doing this a couple of times my coil looks all shiny like new again then i blow any water out of it dry it off and rewick it and hey presto full on flavor again until next time usualy 3days later

if you clean and rewick often they should last a while gonna see how long i can get out of this one

a word of WARNING when dry burning i only pulse the coil for around a second or so because if you glow it up for a few seconds or more there is a good chance you will burn the rubber insulator in the base of the coil and end up with a short

i have checked the rubber insulator and so far not a mark on it i just advise anyone that does this do it with CAUTION

hope this helps

Last edited:

Thommi

Sep 4, 2013
RE, Italy
First of all you cannot count the duration of a coil in time, but only in the amount of liquid vaporized with it.
Then it depends (as stated several times) on the liquid, but not only on the question whether or not the liquid destroys the coil, also on the question, how often you do a dryburn in relation to the diameter of the wire.

To give you the most extreme example:
I vape organic chocolate liquid, that's VERY dark and it leaves so much residue on the coil, I have to change the cotton every 5ml and do a dryburn every time.
Depening on the diameter of the wire, Kanthal 0.35mm will last 5-10 dryburns, while Kanthal 0.40mm will last about twice as long.
Given the fact I vape 30ml per day, IF I was using always the same device, for me a coil made with Kanthal 0.35mm would last about one day, including 5 dryburns.

The other extreme:
My wife vapes fruit liquid without nicotine, she can use the same coil without dryburn for well over 50ml and even then you can dryburn a 0.35mm coil 5-10 times.
Given the fact she vapes only 3ml per day, for her a coil lasts almost half a year.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    First of all you cannot count the duration of a coil in time, but only in the amount of liquid vaporized with it.
    Then it depends (as stated several times) on the liquid, but not only on the question whether or not the liquid destroys the coil, also on the question, how often you do a dryburn in relation to the diameter of the wire.

To give you the most extreme example:
    I vape organic chocolate liquid, that's VERY dark and it leaves so much residue on the coil, I have to change the cotton every 5ml and do a dryburn every time.
    Depening on the diameter of the wire, Kanthal 0.35mm will last 5-10 dryburns, while Kanthal 0.40mm will last about twice as long.
    Given the fact I vape 30ml per day, IF I was using always the same device, for me a coil made with Kanthal 0.35mm would last about one day, including 5 dryburns.

The other extreme:
    My wife vapes fruit liquid without nicotine, she can use the same coil without dryburn for well over 50ml and even then you can dryburn a 0.35mm coil 5-10 times.
    Given the fact she vapes only 3ml per day, for her a coil lasts almost half a year.

30ml/day = cloud chasin'.
    3ml/day = tottle puffin.

Both could = the same number of puffs/day.

Style of vaping, flavors used, type of coil, gauge of wire (you could add to the list ad infinititum) will all change the life span of a coil.

Ya, I've had coils last for over a year, but I can kill one in an hour.
    I mixed up some "butterfinger" juice a wile back that I labeled "Coil Killer".

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread