Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I had to recheck my madvapes order history, evidently I got my Vamo about a year ago, it's still going strong today. I sold it to my sister about 3-4 months ago and now only get to see it on special occasions :(

The gunmetal finish is beat to hell, the fire button misfires now and again, but still putting along.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Two each V2's here. Received them on the 3rd of Jan 2013 Just over a month more and will have been 1 year!
No issues with the wife's yet. I've beat mine up.. cracked the screen, replaced the center contact o-ring, mostly stripped the 510 threads...
Did find a 510 device that fits it perfectly for now, a GS-H5, it will do until it can't take it anymore. Hopefully, I can get a head replacement soon!!

But it's still working it's .... off!!

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I owned two V2 stainless Vamos. I got about two months use from each. One had a malfunctioning + button and the other just never turned back on one day. I ended up getting a Provari off the classifieds for a little more than I paid for the Vamos plus shipping. I don't really regret buying Vamos because they taught me that I liked and needed variable voltage mods.

...and whoever was talking about the one year warranty on Provari, mine is way out of warranty, but I have been thinking about sending it in for the version two extended voltage range upgrade.

Edit: two of my cousins purchased Vamos at the same time I did, and theirs still work, so about a year for each of them.

Last edited:

Tmartin63

Happy Vaper
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Coldspring, Texas, United States
And there is always an eGo - to - 510 adapter option... not to mention buying a new top for it... the V2 top will also fit on the V3/V5.... vicflo replaced his V5 top with a new V2 top and posted pics in this forum a few weeks back. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vamo/484751-vamo-v5-v2-head-replacement.html The tops cost about $6 IIRC.

Trayce, do you have a link for the ego to 510 adaptor? I have been looking for months and cannot find anything at all. Thanks

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
Trayce, do you have a link for the ego to 510 adaptor? I have been looking for months and cannot find anything at all. Thanks

Wow, I thought they made one, found they didn't, wrote a long post about a possible way to use a base from an eGo tank, then this morning saw the superb find by awesum140 below! [So deleted my post!]

Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I got these 510 to eGo Adapter with Well a couple of months ago and they work very well. The bottom center pin is spring loaded so it can be tightened up tight onto the Vamo without hurting the rubber/silicon washer. My only complaint is that the silver finish is a satin finish. It would look better on a chrome Vamo if it was polished. If I get adventurous sometime I may try polishing it out.

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
===> snip
FTR and totally anecdotal, I bought a mech thinking it would be really cool as there are so many ppl in love with their mechs. It has a bottom button with reversible lock nut, all shiny brass, buttery threads, floating pin... and I absolutely hate it. :D It hits fine but I hate not being able to adjust the power. I never use it and wish I would have bought another Vamo or even an SVD instead. It is sitting in a drawer in its plastic bag.

To each his/her own! :)

Have you thought about trying out a Kick? This would make your mech mod into a VW device, and also provide some battery safety features.

Also, there's something like the Kick called the Crown (by Artisan). If i'm not mistaken, the Crown can do VV and VW.

I'm just about to get my first mech mod...it's not going to be an expensive one, so if it ends up in the drawer, not the end of the world.

Regards
Glenn

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
I got these 510 to eGo Adapter with Well a couple of months ago and they work very well. The bottom center pin is spring loaded so it can be tightened up tight onto the Vamo without hurting the rubber/silicon washer. My only complaint is that the silver finish is a satin finish. It would look better on a chrome Vamo if it was polished. If I get adventurous sometime I may try polishing it out.

Fantastic find! That goes right on the eGo cone threads of the Vamo, right?

Have you thought about trying out a Kick? This would make your mech mod into a VW device, and also provide some battery safety features.

Also, there's something like the Kick called the Crown (by Artisan). If i'm not mistaken, the Crown can do VV and VW.

I'm just about to get my first mech mod...it's not going to be an expensive one, so if it ends up in the drawer, not the end of the world.

Thanks, Glenn! I am aware of the kick but it's not convenient to me to have to open the batt tube, take it out, and put it where I want it, as I have different tanks with different head builds and am always clicking the watts up and down. Even if it had a VW chip I don't leave my watts alone, even on the Vamo. :) To me the sweet spot shifts whether the Vamo is cold, or warm, or if I am chain-vaping, or hitting less often, etc, so I'm always adjusting... certainly not constantly, but frequently. A mech just isn't my thing. But I very much appreciated the suggestion!

vulture

Mar 27, 2009
Lincolnton, NC
I guess my average is around 6 months...

The control board on my v1 moved so the fire button didn't always work.

My v2 #1 got ruined when a Protank 1 base got snapped off ( for the 2nd time) and stuck in it ( bad threads too) and I mangled the insulator at the bottom of the 510 connector trying to dig it out.

My v2 #2 has been working good for about 2 months now, and I have since converted my Protanks to EGO threading using mini Protank 2 bases....

Do I love these things or what!

I must be a glutton for punishment cause I got 2 more v5's on the way....(I've also got an itaste VTR coming to boot) WOOT!

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
6 months is not very long! I love my Vamo and have sang it praises high and low since I got it a few months ago, but if it only lasts 6 months I will try an iTaste SVD, most likely, or something else. Not that an SVD would likely be much different. Thing is, these Chinese mods are like laptops where most of the parts are manufactured by the same plants [I'd imagine]. To get something of better quality you probably have to move to a higher price point, like the Tesla for example. I acknowledge $37 is cheap, but then there's not much to a mod but a few chips and a little metal. IAC I would expect it to last at the least 1 year. If it doesn't it's not worth replacing in my book. All that said, I admire your loyalty!! :)

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Got a v2 back last Nov hit the 1 year mark this month use 5mi of juice a day. Only issue I have is the threads I use a protank and have notices that some heads extend to far and I have to back off those coil heads 1/4 turn than it will screws in ok. It might be the O-Ring on the bottom of the heads are wearing out and getting a little thin.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread