The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How long is the e-cigarette that has been used for the longest time?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by ecigat, Feb 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ecigat

ecigat Full Member

Jan 5, 2019
    Let me first say that I have used the oldest electronic cigarette for almost two years.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Approximately 8 inches

• Funny Funny x 14
  3. Katdarling

Katdarling Is this a mask, or underwear... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    ABS! (it HAD to be you)

:lol: :facepalm: :lol:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Susaz

Susaz Vaping Master ECF Veteran

My husband eventually vapes a Vivi Nova Mini with a Vamo V5. Approximately from 2013.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2015
    Hawick, Scotland.
    My oldest device dates from November 2015 and is the first Nautilus Mini I ever bought - it's still going strong and gets used one day a week in my rotation.

For Christmas 2015 I got an iStick 30W which was my second iStick and it again is still in regular use.

My first iStick bought in November 2015 gave up the ghost finally this Winter gone after it dropped out of my pocket YET AGAIN in Spain.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Vapedog

Vapedog Super Member

Oct 28, 2018
    So, you have been using your ecig, the same one, for two years?
    Or are you saying you have the first type of ecig made, the oldest type and you somehow got it and have been using it for two years.
    And/or, are you asking us, how long is the longest we have used the same, ours we first purchased, ecig for?
    Yes to any of the above?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    The amusement never ends

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

If I stopped exploring the different ways to vape the gear I use would get older faster.

:?:

:confused:

Wut??

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Vaping is an evolutional process. There's always new products with improved features waiting to be purchased. My first vape was a Joye 510 back in 2010. You had to drip drops of juice into a small mouthpiece with cotton inside and refill it as needed. When you put that piece back in it pressed against a mesh style coil head.

It wasn't long before I felt led to pluck down some cash on an eGo for the increased battery life and juice capacity. The eGo used sealed fountain pen style plastic juice cartridges that were pierced by a tube in the mod. Later we discovered that they were refillable with a needle tip bottle.

A couple of years later I realized that a Kayfun Lite V2 would relieve me of the continuing cost of atomizer coil purchases, so I bought one and started winding my own coils and wicking them with cotton.

The technical progression continues. Now, we have PODS, but most of us are still winding our own coils and making our own wicks using Cotton or Rayon. Mesh is now popular again. The technology progresses.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Simmonsd515

Simmonsd515 Senior Member

Nov 28, 2018
    One thing I wish I got into sooner would be DIY for my ejuice. I would have saved so much money for all those years I have been vaping. Money I could have spent on new gear. :banana:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Storm52

Storm52 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    7 3/4" from drip tip to base of p2.5. +5 years.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Uncle Willie

Uncle Willie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Been hittin' on EVODS / Twists / Spinners since they came out .. it's been a while ..

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  13. score69

score69 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    I've got several Vammos, still new in the box. Not even sure which versions, I know one of them is a V2.

I remember thinking (when I bought it), wow, 20w. Then I think a 30w (?) came out and I thought I'll never need to vape that high.

I also have some other new in box 'vintage' equipment. I'm going to hang on to mine, nice to have it in another 20 years and look back on things. They've already changed so much though.

I remember finally killing off my Innokin MVP, the battery finally gave out on it. The 'tube' mod I used the most back then was my Joytech Evic. I remember thinking how cool it was I could set the time on it. Not even sure how many watts it is (maybe 20?), but it still works great. Was a big fan of the Itaste SVD as well. Have one very well used one, and another still in the box. Of course those were major/nice mods compared to the Kanger EVOD batteries and spinners. I've still got some of the original EVOD batteries and toppers new in box as well. Wonder if those EVODs will even take/hold a charge at this point.

My how things have changed.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Bought my 30w isticks in 2014 & 15, all still in use and going strong.

• Like Like x 6
  15. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Mine, too. iSticks have been reliable compact vapes. I have the 20W, 30W, and the TC40W. All are years old. I still get long vape times at 10W from their internal LiPo batteries.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    My uncle can squeeze a couple days with the Nautilus, just over a day with a zenith.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2015
    Hawick, Scotland.
    Lovely to see that I'm not the only one still getting life out of these ISticks - they said they'd only so many recharges in them so mine should have died the death quite a while ago...but I've used them as carefully as I could, never ran then to empty, never used them above 8 watts, and left them to cool down after recharging and they just seem to go on and on - my original one that died last winter had survived being knocked off the bedside table onto a marble floor several times, at least half a dozen times being knocked off the table in outside restaurants onto pavements but gave up the ghost after falling out of my pocket getting off a bus descending from a high step and it fell into a gutter.

• Like Like x 2
  18. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    I consider the atty as the heart of the vape, so all my RDA's are near unbreakable and will probably be functional after I'm long gone.
    You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
    re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
    In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your question. Your subject: General vaping discussion and chat, suggest posting in : General Vaping Discussion
    You may receive more knowledgeable/germane information from the membership in the above forum.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ablonz

Ablonz Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Innokin MVP v2 @ 7 watts with a 1.8 ohm coil Unflavored..... since 2014!!!! Still works and hold the charge like a Champ!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Grimwald

Grimwald Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    I could open a vaper museum with the stuff in my closet. There are still some kr808ds and cartos in there somewhere.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.