How low can I go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen,
I started vaping at 24 million mg and continually dropped to my present milligrams of 9. Question is if I reach my goal of zero will I still have the desire to vape? I don't know how long it will take me to get to 0 but I will surely get there. It might take another year I don't know. So when I hit zero I'm done am I right?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I started vaping at 24 million mg and continually dropped to my present milligrams of 9. Question is if I reach my goal of zero will I still have the desire to vape? I don't know how long it will take me to get to 0 but I will surely get there. It might take another year I don't know. So when I hit zero I'm done am I right?
Not necessarily. There's still the hand-to-mouth and inhale habit to contend with, which is why vaping works for a lot of us where oral nicotine like gum, lozenges, etc did not. There are quite a few people who continue to vape despite having made it to zero nic. And there are also plenty who make it down quite low, but not to zero, because the find zero to be unsatisfying.

Now I don't mean to sound like a negative nancy. If it's your desire to go to zero and eventually quit, the by all means, see if you can. But don't beat yourself up either if you don't get completely there.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Whats your end game, I guess.
What if the nic habit was only part of it?
What if part of the habit was the physical hand to mouth, mouth to lung, exhale experience? The time out, the distraction etc
I thought mine was to quit tobacco then quit vaping. I can do zero nic without a great deal of fuss after 6months but the time outs and pausing along with the physical habits of smoking and vaping are pretty entrenched.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium

roVqy73.jpg

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
So many different angles to consider.

Someone may ask "How long did you smoke for ?". That would play a part in how easy it might be to quit !.

Someone else may ask "How many cigarettes did you use to smoke daily ?". That might determine how well you cope with less nicotine !.

Someone might say "If you quit vaping, later on you may start smoking again !. You may well decide months later that vaping didn't work.

So someone else might agree with that and say something like "quitting vaping isn't a good idea. If quitting vaping was easy then you may have just quit smoking just as easily without using an alternative".

Or :

Do you enjoy vaping ?.

Did you plan on quitting vaping to begin with ?.

What i definitely know for sure is that I and thousands of others like me will never give it up.

I dropped from 45mg's to 24mg's over a period of about 4 years or so. Although, i was vaping 45mg's in a cig-a-like at the time, they don't produce much vapour so higher nicotine was neccessary. As i progressed and got better hardware the more i reduced the nicotine i had in my e liquid.

So now, and for the last 18 months or so, 24mg's is as low as i'll go. Any less then the nicotine throat hit becomes unsatisfying.

If you do finally quit vaping, don't make the mistake of going back to smoking later on. Just start vaping again.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
So many different angles to consider.

Someone may ask "How long did you smoke for ?". That would play a part in how easy it might be to quit !.

Someone else may ask "How many cigarettes did you use to smoke daily ?". That might determine how well you cope with less nicotine !.

Someone might say "If you quit vaping, later on you may start smoking again !. You may well decide months later that vaping didn't work.

So someone else might agree with that and say something like "quitting vaping isn't a good idea. If quitting vaping was easy then you may have just quit smoking just as easily without using an alternative".

Or :

Do you enjoy vaping ?.

Did you plan on quitting vaping to begin with ?.

What i definitely know for sure is that I and thousands of others like me will never give it up.

I dropped from 45mg's to 24mg's over a period of about 4 years or so. Although, i was vaping 45mg's in a cig-a-like at the time, they don't produce much vapour so higher nicotine was neccessary. As i progressed and got better hardware the more i reduced the nicotine i had in my e liquid.

So now, and for the last 18 months or so, 24mg's is as low as i'll go. Any less then the nicotine throat hit becomes unsatisfying.

If you do finally quit vaping, don't make the mistake of going back to smoking later on. Just start vaping again.
10-4 on the just vaping again. I absolutely refuse to smoke a cigarette.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
The joy of vaping is you can go where you want to go with it. If you goal is total cessation of nicotine. Then by all means it's your prerogative if you want to set that as an achievable goal. Me personally, I find no deleterious affects caused by vaping so I'll be in the ground when I finally stop the vape

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I used to smoke over a pack a day of Camel 99s. Smoked for more than 30 years. When I started vaping I was using 24mg juices. I haven't used nicotine at all in over a year now.

I still vape, but I do so out of habit, not any real desire. I'm actually vaping less now than I ever have, only around 2-3ml per day. I can easily go hours without even thinking about vaping, and often will come home from work and not vape at all for the rest of the night. But I still have the habit of vaping when I first wake up, while I drive, and when I take breaks at work.

It's purely habit, I have no actual cravings to vape, and if I stopped entirely tomorrow I wouldn't have any real problems doing so, other than trying to find something else to do when I would normally vape.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
The joy of vaping is you can go where you want to go with it. If you goal is total cessation of nicotine. Then by all means it's your prerogative if you want to set that as an achievable goal. Me personally, I find no deleterious affects caused by vaping so I'll be in the ground when I finally stop the vape

Just a little FYI here.

When I stopped using nicotine my blood pressure dropped, significantly. I had elevated blood pressure for more than 20 years and it had reached the point where the doctor gave me 6 months to lower it through diet and execrise or he was going to put me on blood pressure medication. I didn't change my diet or exercise a bit, but quitting the nicotine dropped my blood pressure enough that I'm now well into the normal and healthy range for the fist time since I was a teen.

tara81

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
canada
I vape zero nicotine and can quit vaping at any time. I dont crave it, but i do enjoy vaping Flavors. I quit for months then pick it up again when i feel like it. I quit vaping for 7 months and just started again. So yes if that is what you want to so, in time you may be able to do it. Its all up to you :) some days i dont vape , some days i do vape. Its not an addiction just a hobby. I used to smoke for 13 years and quit 9 years ago. In time it gets easier and easier.

But i dont think theres any major health risks with vaping 0 nicotine with flavors if you choose flavors with no fruistoise, low daap , and do it in moderation, especially if you use temperature control.

Last edited:

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
Last year, I started vaping. MTL at 12mg. It was way to much. I cut it down to 6mg and stayed there for some weeks. After some time I started to DTL and 6mg was to much, so I cut it down to 3mg. I realised, that I got most out of the flavour at 1,5mg.
Flavours gave me more and more satisfaction of my vaping, so I made some flasks with 0 nicotine.
I still enjoy vaping those 0's on my RDA's - just for flavour.
Now, I daily MTL at 6mg, DTL at 3 and 0 nicotine from time to time.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am in no rush to get to zero, although I do plan on reducing a bit my next mixing session, maybe from 18 to 16. I will see how that goes.

There are folks who get to 0 and stop vaping, and there are folks who continue to enjoy the hand to mouth inhalation thing.

Whatever you wind up doing, and when, even if you quit vaping completely I'd recommend hanging on to at least SOME of your vape gear, it's a lot easier to NOT return to cigarettes (I would think) if you keep some vape gear and start back up vaping, but it all depends. As far as your goals, they are your personal goals and you should pursue them. If I were at 0 nic, I would probably want to continue to vape a while until I adjusted to 0 nic, and then I would probably decide if vaping 0 nic was satisfying and/or worth it. Mainly though, I'm just glad I got to VAPING. O nic isn't my personal goal at the moment, although if my docs felt nic were harming my cardiovascular system, well, I'd probably consider a more rapid reduction.

I will say I was so shocked to get to vaping alone, I didn't put pressure on myself to reduce nic. I'm glad I didn't and down the line I may feel differently. I would not mind reducing if it remains fairly easy to do so. Guess I will be finding out in about 6 weeks. But, everyone's different, so by all means try it and etc.

Anna

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I have been at 6 mg for years, been considering dropping to 3mg though. I did start at 24mg but that was on cig-a-likes, then dropped to 18mg on ARO/EVOD type tanks. I had already dropped to 12mg when I got my first RBA tank where I dropped to 6mg about 4 years ago or so..

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Im pretty happy vaping 6mg DL. Keeps me off cigs, except for the occasional stress cig. I dont intend to quit vaping. Life happens and if i do have a cig or two here and there, im not gonna beat myself up over it. I once compared it to having a white castle burger once a year to remind myself why i dont eat that crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread