How many puffs per day do you average?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Sure, but I think far better metrics than a puff count are: How many ml of juice does a person go through in a day, and what nic strength is that juice?

The day an ecig survey ask ML/MG instead of use we'll know someone is finally paying attention rather than trying to fit it into the cigarette mold.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
I am little surprised how little puffs some people do in a day...I do 500 to 800 puffs a day... I have no clue how much e-juice I use because I use 4-5 different tanks and each one contain different flavor... with 3-5 mg nic.

All my tanks are small capacity (2ml) and I never fill them full (to avoid leaking) some of them are refilled during a day so I will guess I use (on average) close to 10 ml everyday... some tanks are juice guzzlers (for example Siren2) but I love my Sirens because they provide quiet,dense smooth and flavorful puffs with pretty big (for MTL) cloud.... and DIY e-juice is so cheap:banana:

Some tanks like Doggystyle provide much, much, much more puffs per tank of liquid but vape is very "thin" and much less satisfying... some like eGo ONE are less thirsty but pretty tight draw and whistling is annoying after a few puffs...

If people are making just 200 - 300 puffs a day I wonder why so many people look for big capacity tanks...:confused:

I am pretty slow typer but just in time writing this post I took 5 puffs...:shock:

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
Why does it matter?

And what is a "puff" anyway? Some people take dainty little puffs and others, well, they huff instead of puff, so comparing their counts would be rather meaningless.

It doesn't matter.

I did write this in an earlier reply above:

I agree that it's pretty much useless as any sort of accurate count or measure of how much somebody vapes, since some people might take many short puffs while others might prefer very long puffs where they inhale for many seconds to get a huge hit.

I made the OP because I had turned on my puff counter for the first time yesterday, and I guess that I was just curious.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Cleaning up

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I have no clue how much e-juice I use because I use 4-5 different tanks and each one contain different flavor... with 3-5 mg
A person should be able to calculate daily usage base on how much e-liquid her or she buys (or mixes) over some substantially longer period of time.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
It doesn't matter.

I did write this in an earlier reply above:

I agree that it's pretty much useless as any sort of accurate count or measure of how much somebody vapes, since some people might take many short puffs while others might prefer very long puffs where they inhale for many seconds to get a huge hit.

I made the OP because I had turned on my puff counter for the first time yesterday, and I guess that I was just curious.
Apologies. I missed that somehow. :oops:

Since I do not own a mod with a puff counter, and I certainly don't have enough fingers and toes to count them in the old-fashioned way, I'll leave now.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Cleaning up

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I am little surprised how little puffs some people do in a day...I do 500 to 800 puffs a day.

Puff counters weren't a thing when I quit smoking:lol: I'm sure it would've been much higher.

Dual battery mods means I'm usually not tied to a battery charger. Large tanks mean there's no worry about running dry today.
Basically set up like this if I need to run to the store it's as thoughtless as it was when all I needed was a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. It wasn't always this way, 3 mods, spare batteries, battery chargers. And there was once that I was down to one battery left for the ride home (shorts shut down the battery, needs a battery charger to reset, that's when I started carrying the charger and more batteries).

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I believe I'm somewhere in the 400 range, but no nicotine (78k puffs on the counter of a relatively new mod). Depending on how busy I am, I could take 20 or 800 puffs per day.

I really do not know what my count would be but I suspect I would be way, way over 400.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
My Puff counter reset at 9999 yesterday grrr
Just checked my old Evic, most used carry device, 126020. The other one I got as a backup/other flavors is 8859.
I'm amazed they held the information as long as they've been sitting without batteries.
Main one said average daily was 147.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread