How many stock ecigs before a MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

lithiumdaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
I myself purchased 4 ecigs before my first mod. 2- 510's, 402,403 and an 801. Even with a pretty good understanding of ohms, volts, and mAh's I feel the 2 years with these prepared me for big battery mods. I have 6 Mods from 3.7 high Mahs, 5 volt cr123 x2 and a 7.4 V with a resistor and have made several box mods from snus tins to copper pipe and hardwoods. I myself reccomend trying a manual 3.7 V like a 501 or 801 first. When you purchase your first tube, box and or manual mod, you will enjoy the extended battery life, the ability to utilize low resintance cartomizers and juice feeder systems, and the freedom to try different battery chemistries and mAh ratings. All in all I would say at least try one or two "stock" ecigs and you will appreciate your first Mod that much more! Rich...

gvil

Jun 16, 2011
Sweden
First bought a ego-t (or a tornado-t but same stuff) which has worked for me but even before I got into reading forums and stuff I started thinking about how cool it would be to just take a battery box with a battery and a whole bottle of juice which you could somehow pump up instead of using tanks and when I started reading forums I found out it already exists. Being rather interested in electronics and tinkering I tried making a wetbox which worked I guess but to plasticy and fragile and then I found the reo mini which was everything I wanted basically except the price tag :p. Started looking into making my own out of aluminium but after some research the material and work since I dont own a cnc mill would run me just a tad below the cost of buying a reo and that didnt include any internals like the battery holder or the switch so as of yesterday I have a reo mini on the way :).

BWG707

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2011
CA
I first bought a GeenSmoke and sent that back immediately knowing that I needed to step up to a mod. I ended up purchasing a GLV2 5v and I love it. Then I ended up purchasing an ego usb passthrough for an emergency backup. This worked out very well because many of the cartos and clearomizers that would not work correctly with the GLV2 work just as they are suppose to with the ego. Right now I feel as if I have the best of both worlds. I switch PVs depending on what I'm in the mood for and where I will be vaping. There are quite a few differences when it comes to vaping with these two different PVs. Different juices have different tastes and the PVs have different vapor heat. But the main diffrence is that cartos that might taste bad on the 5 volt GLV2 will ususally taste alot better on the 3.7+ or -.3ohms passthrough. Right now I am very satisfied with my vaping situation. I've been vaping since Feb.1st 2011 and I feel that I have a pretty good understanding of this "hobby". Thanks in a large part to ECF and the rest can be chalked up to trial and error. If it wasn't for this forum I'd probably be at least two months behind in my ubderstanding of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread