how many tanks do you consume a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
i vape 8mg . i was just wondering if to tanks a day consumption was considered a lot ? or is that kinda normal
i used to smoke marl. lights 2 paks a day for 30+ years haven't had 1 in 19 days as of today just want to make sure im not over doing it being new to vaping or exactly what is considered normal consumption .

If you're only vaping 8mg/ml then that's like an ultra light cigarette. Marlborough lights aren't that light. A better fit might be 12 - 18 mg/ml liquid.

Having said that, 2 tanks is maybe 5 - 6 ml per day which isn't that bad. You will find that as time goes by you will need to vape less, unless you're just picking it up to have something to do with your hands. Stay with it and don't worry too much unless you start to have real problems, like cravings.

I'm six months tobacco free and have gone from 10ml of 18mg/ml per day (ex rollie smoker) to about 4ml of 10mg/ml per day. Looking at the totals, that is going from 180 mg per day down to 40 mg per day, and I now very easily get a nicotine overdose even though I've recently dropped to 10 mg/ml from 12 mg/ml. I might have to drop it to 8 mg/ml myself very soon.

Everyone is different and you will change with time. Don't worry about the quantity you are vaping so much - you are not smoking.

Peazy

Feb 20, 2013
Michigan
I usually vape around 3ml. Sometimes its closer to 5 or 6 though. I actually think on some of those days the heat affects the amount of juice missing from my tank though.

I know some clearos vary in usage. Most of the time I use about 3ml a day but some clearos I've tried I've ran up to 5ml a day and I'm vaping the same.

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
North of NYC
I usually go thru the 6ml bottle in my reo per day, plus some more on my diff. RDA so maybe about 7-8ml per day. Dripping using micro coils also uses more juice than a protank. Don't worry about your juice consumption if you even are, the more satisfied I am with vaping, the more I don't think about the stinkies.

wutarush

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
pennsylvania
One of my favorite things about vaping is being able to hit it til you get that nic buzz, so needless to say I go through a lot lol. Don't worry about how much you go through unless its making you sick or you're spending too much, outside of that its a matter of preference.

Oh and if you would like to use less juice a little higher nicotine content would likely go a long way.

Last edited:

thedustwarrior

Sep 16, 2013
los angeles
I've been struggling with the math on it too. I found this in an article and it kind of helps put it in perspective.

HOW MANY DROPS ARE IN 1 ML of E-LIQUID: For the purpose of this article, we used a 3 ml syringe in 1/10th ml graduations, our standard 5 ml bottle with dropper insert containing 18 mg nicotine and 50% PG/ 50% VG base mix:

APPROX 35-40 drops are in 1 ml of e-liquid

HOW MANY CIGARETTES in 1 ML of E-LIQUID: This is very difficult to calculate. It depends on the size of the "drag" you take among other factors.

We have found answers on the internet ranging from 1 ml = 1 pack to 3 ml = 1 pack (and some really wild numbers).

Using the average (for the average user) then, 1 pack = 2 ml of e-liquid :

a 5ml bottle would = 2.5 packs
a 15 ml bottle would = 7.5 packs
a 30 ml bottle would = 15 packs
a 50 ml bottle would = 25 packs

COST OF E-LIQUID vs TOBACCO CIGARETTES

Using the above numbers, the equivalent costs would be

a 5ml bottle = $2.50 for equiv of 2.5 packs = $1.00 per pack
a 15ml bottle = $5.95 for equiv of 7.5 packs = $0.80 per pack
a 30ml bottle = $8.99 for equiv of 15 packs = $0.60 per pack
a 50ml bottle = $14.65 for equiv of 25 packs = $0.58 per pack
VS TOBACCO CIGARETTES

1 pack = $5.00 to $11.00 (NY?) Average $6 per pack (Link)

SAVINGS

a 1 pack a day smoker would spend $6 days x 365 days = $2,190 year

a 1 pack a day vaper would spend $1 x 365 = $365 year

You are the best person to judge your usage, how long of a drag you take, and how much nicotine you need to satisfy your craving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread