How many vape cinnimin and do you think its toxic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyc75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Connecticut
And it is at this point that I wish my boyfriend was a member here...not only does he know the risks of the half zillion chemicals in cigarettes (and the body systems affected...that was a long conversation) but he also could help out with the chemical composition of both the plastics and other chemicals involved. Love my scientist man.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
And it is at this point that I wish my boyfriend was a member here...not only does he know the risks of the half zillion chemicals in cigarettes (and the body systems affected...that was a long conversation) but he also could help out with the chemical composition of both the plastics and other chemicals involved. Love my scientist man.

Many of us do have a science background.

But then again, this is the internet. We can be anything we want to be. :matrix:

amyc75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Connecticut
Many of us do have a science background.

But then again, this is the internet. We can be anything we want to be. :matrix:
I meant more like "help me out" rather than "help educate the masses"....I hope you didn't interpret that as a slight. I didn't mean it in that way. He got me through Chemistry with a B+ and gained quite a few gray hairs for his trouble. I have a much stronger biology/A&P/micro base than chem. Chemistry fascinates me, but again with the math.... ;) I can do simple conversions and calculate drip/flow rates, but much past that, I need a tutor.

mayamason

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
North Carolina
I use a touch of cinnamon in my all-day vape, only about 1%. It's not enough for you to taste it and say "cinnamon," it just adds a bit of warmth.

I've not heard that cinnamon is toxic.

At this small of a concentration, do you have any problems with it in plastic/polycarbonate?

At this small of a concentration, do you have any problems with it in plastic/polycarbonate?

None at all. I've been using plastic tanks for a month in rotation (but each tank is refilled as soon as it empties) and cleartos for months. I'm not sure if they're polypropylene or polycarbonate, but neither shows any signs of wear, fogging, or other damage.

I don't know if my cinnamon flavor (TFA's Cinnamon Red Hots) is actual cinnamon or faked.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Diet Coke has a pH of 3.8-3.9, I believe. If left on the skin for 4 hours, it will cause damage. There's your nerdy sciency tip today. Baditude, I'm scouring the forums looking for polypropylene clearos and have seen your name a few times, so I figured I'd ask you...is there a PP clearo on the market? I don't use tanks with cartomizers and wouldn't have the slightest idea how to, because I'm lazy like that :) From what I'm seeing, I don't think so....I usually use Vivis and Kanger T2s.

I'm wondering if the metal tanks for vivi's would work? I don't like cinnamon but I've got some honeysuckle blend in a metal tank right now and it's fine, been there a week. I've read that honeysuckle is a clearo cracker like cinnamon.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
Same thing to report here.
I vape cinnamon juices all of the time, I haven't had any adverse reactions at all. I do know of a few people who are allergic to actual cinnamon so they can't vape cinnamon juices. Other than that, I've heard of no issues with that type of juice.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
I meant more like "help me out" rather than "help educate the masses"....I hope you didn't interpret that as a slight. I didn't mean it in that way. He got me through Chemistry with a B+ and gained quite a few gray hairs for his trouble. I have a much stronger biology/A&P/micro base than chem. Chemistry fascinates me, but again with the math.... ;) I can do simple conversions and calculate drip/flow rates, but much past that, I need a tutor.

No, I was just joking around. I've wanted to use that emoticon forever. :laugh:

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
Re: cinnamon juice---Heck of a throat hit but, for me, instantly makes my voice so hoarse, I sound like I have Laryngitis(sp?)that lasts for days, so I just can't vape it, even though I love the flavor:( FYI, I did have a full work up by an EN&T doc, and he didn't find anything physically wrong, so I don't think it's "toxic".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread