How Many Watts Do You Vape At

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
wow im surprised that doesnt taste burnt to you. i rarely take my nova 2.8ohm head over 4v. maybe its the juice. what juice are you using?

Currently as I type this im using the nova with 1.8 ohm head at 4.4 v so about 10.75 watts, I never go below 4.2 v on this head. I love the TH and hot vape from it

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
would you say this video does a good job at displaying how a vivi nova head can be rebuilt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSP-8EIjOsM

Tonight, 11.3-12.2 on a Vivi Nova with a 1.8Ω head depending on exactly where the current limit is(1) and whether or not the resistance is dropping at high voltages(2)(3). Realistically, I'd guess it's actually around 10W.

Depending on the juice and how I feel I turn it down, but rarely below 8.5W unless the juice just burns that low, at which point it's unlikely that I'll order more of it.

I used to smoke Lucky Strikes and broke the filters off just about anything else. Maybe it has something to do with (insanely) spicy foods destroying nerves in my mouth/throat, but without the heat, I don't get anything out of it……just like I didn't get anything out of "smooth" cigarettes with filters……they just felt like air. And what's the point of destroying your health for that?

Note 1: It's published as 2.5, but I think I remember a steeljan video where she got more like 2.61A out of it.

Note 2: "effective resistance" drops at higher voltages for some weird reason. So some of the high-wattage guys aren't getting all they think they're getting except on a Darwin, Kick, or DNA12……and only if they work the way I think they do. And only if Note 3 doesn't apply.

Note 3: The Vivi Nova heads also don't use non-resistive wire to connect the coil to the connector, so some of that power is actually just going to heating up things that don't have much to do with the vape. IMO, that's the biggest argument for re-coiling them yourself……actually getting the power that you're wearing out your battery for.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The lowest I usually go is my Twist set at 4.8 volts with my 2.3 ohm Joye 510 atomizer.
But usually I vape with my 4.8 volt NiMH batteries in my Chucks with the same Joye 510 atomizer.

So I'm usually at 10 watts minimum, although the NiMH batteries come off the charger at much higher than 4.8 volts.
I don't know what they are putting out under load, but I do know that they hit harder than my Twist at 4.8 volts.

I don't vape any fruit flavors, mostly tobaccos and coffee flavors.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Note 2: "effective resistance" drops at higher voltages for some weird reason. So some of the high-wattage guys aren't getting all they think they're getting except on a Darwin, Kick, or DNA12……and only if they work the way I think they do. And only if Note 3 doesn't apply.

That's true... The only other way is if you have a rebuildable that you can easily test under load, or something with inline connections to test resistance under load.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Yeah…but I haven't seen many in-line power meters.

To some degree, if it vapes, it vapes. I kinda want to try out 6v with a 3.something head eventually …I just don't want to have to pay for it.

Well if you can test resistance under load then you can use the formula for power. As you were previously stating, it's the "under load" part that changes things.

Generally I'm in the "LR is NOT the same as HV" camp, but the higher the voltage goes there is a point of diminishing returns... 3.5ohms @ 6v is pretty much identical to 2.5ohms @ 5v if you have a way to try 5v.

That having been said, I kinda want to try a GG @ 7.4v... I read on the GG sub forum about the 30 watts club. Apparently if you keep the coil wet enough and break it in right, you can run a LR coil at 7.4v. It'd probably choke me out in a second, but I still want to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread