Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I make my juice, but just curious, how much are you getting for $40?

I have that eleaf tank but haven’t used it yet. I’m guessing it’s like most others in that category though, thirsty but not crazy thirsty. I’d bet the u force uses just a bit more.

I find that, the more juice the tank holds, the more it uses.

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    10ml of juice cost 5 bucks around these parts, so I started with DIY. It's far easier than I thought.
    Just calculate using this website and then watch this video (or the other way around hehe).

When I'm feeling lazy however, I order from Yaeliq. 100ml for 10 bucks. That would cost me 50 bucks if I ordered where I usually order, so quite the savings to be had :)

Then of course there's coils. I used to order directly from China (FastTech), 8 bucks per month for 5 of them, however since I started using an RTA and building my own, that number has dropped down to 1.5 bucks per month. I kid you not.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    I can go through 400 ml of juice in a month (gasp)... Subohm life baby hahaha! I want to get into diy but I'm afraid I might make liquid I don't like. For me it's still a lot less than a pack and a half a day to two and a half sometimes. I'll spend up to 25$ plus or minus a couple $ per 100 or 120 ml bottle of eliquid. Sometimes less, but I've been very unhappy with large bottles of cheap stuff before...
    Occasionally, I'll splurge on something I really like.
    And! ;) Watch for sales if you're buying online. I always get stuff on sale. Well, mostly... And I think a lot of US shops will be doing 4th of July sales going now or soon.
    How convenient, I just happen to need a few hundred mls of eliquid.:)

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I needed more coffee to do the math. I use about 60 mls a week. It varies in cost depending on the recipe but all are less than $2 per 30 mls, so I use less than $16 a month.

That said, I spend a lot more on all the supplies because I’m constantly testing new flavors.

If I rough guess how much I’ve spent in the 4.5 years of diy, subtract my sister in law reimbursing me for hers, and divide the rest, maybe $20-25 per month. But, I have enough flavors, vg, pg and bottles for about two years. And enough nic for 10, at least.

I could do it for a lot less, but it’s a hobby I enjoy, not just a source of juice/ savings.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    @aveytare, how much were you spending on cigarettes? More than or less than $40 a month? I DIY also, and a 3 or so month batch (about a 120 ml) puts my deficit in the single digit category but I only vape up to 2 mls or so a day.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I can go through 400 ml of juice in a month (gasp)... Subohm life baby hahaha! I want to get into diy but I'm afraid I might make liquid I don't like. For me it's still a lot less than a pack and a half a day to two and a half sometimes. I'll spend up to 25$ plus or minus a couple $ per 100 or 120 ml bottle of eliquid. Sometimes less, but I've been very unhappy with large bottles of cheap stuff before...
    Occasionally, I'll splurge on something I really like.
    And! ;) Watch for sales if you're buying online. I always get stuff on sale. Well, mostly... And I think a lot of US shops will be doing 4th of July sales going now or soon.
    How convenient, I just happen to need a few hundred mls of eliquid.:)
    Everyone makes some juice they don’t like. But peruse the DIY and you’ll see, that almost everyone also makes some of the best juice they ever had. I know I sure do. If you can make a good pot of coffee, you can diy. You’ll need a little space for storage, a little bit of cash to start, but it need not be super time consuming.

Once I know I like a mix, I just make 120s. Which takes no longer than mixing 10 mls. And heck, if I were guzzling it like you, I’d make 250s.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    @aveytare, how much were you spending on cigarettes? More than or less than $40 a month? I DIY also, and a 3 or so month batch (about a 120 ml) puts my deficit in the single digit category but I only vape up to 2 mls or so a day.

I was spending over $200 a month. Figure all the juice supplies, coils and coil making stuff, random bouts of shinyitis and I’m still spending Maybe a third of that now. Usually less.

Anise

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    I only buy mine on sale or at sites with great prices. I'm not sure what it equals out to a month but maybe $10.00. I'm going to have to keep track of how much I use a month. Right now I'd guess about 100 ml a month so that ten dollars is about right.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I just started out and I've spent probably $40 this month. I use an istick 40w with a melo 2 tank. Do you think this will get better or worse when I switch to a voopoo too with a u force tank?

Are you a former smoker?

When I was a smoker I spent 200 a month on smoking.. I spent far far less on vaping. All my expenditures were looking through that lens.. If your a former smoker, I'd suggest looking at it the same way, even still its far cheaper.

I will point out, that there are many things you can do as a vaper to save money... first is to cut down on consumption by cutting down how many watts you are using.

If you can throw a lower consumption MTL tank on top of your mod (such as the Zenith) and perhaps vape that at work or other less comfortable times and that will save you some money.

I was a MTL/RL vaper and my consumption was a 30ml (or so) bottle every week or two on an average. Although when I first began vaping it was a 10ml bottle a week.

Also, or if lowering consumption is not possible, then I suggest DIY. With a startup investment for supplies, most people end up spending around 5 -10 cents a ml versus the nearly a dollar spent when buying premium juices. The savings is phenomenal.

I hope this helps. :)

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    DIY here and it’s about $2 a month for my ejuice.
    Yep, I'm not even sure, but it's negligible for me.

I DIY and vape unflavored. I can buy pre-mixed unflavored at about $3/month, I know it's much less for me to mix it.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 22, 2015
    Somewhere in the South
    Yep, I'm not even sure, but it's negligible for me.

I DIY and vape unflavored. I can buy pre-mixed unflavored at about $3/month, I know it's much less for me to mix it.
    I do menthol using crystals and buy in bulk. If I used any other flavors, I could see my cost going up. Also I only use VG, so not having to buy PG keeps my cost low too.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2014
    WI, USA
    I make 6 oz. at a time (the size of an empty Glycerin bottle). It costs ~10-15 and lasts more than a month. I buy fairly expensive flavorings from Nude Nicotine that are already formulated recipes. I vape at around 20 watts with 16-18 mg/ml nicotine. Not a cloud chaser.

I use Ego One tanks with CLR coils that are simple to rewick/rebuild. I rewick every couple of weeks and rebuild when the coil gets worn out or broken which is after several months.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread