How Much Nic Am I Consuming From 3mg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Earth
margotqueen.tumblr.com
I quit smoking using 3mg juice. From experience, higher nic juice will make it easier, it took a lot of willpower on my part to stick with it on 3mg at the beginning. I would suggest 6 or even 9 mg juice and start cutting it back slowly. The only reason I used 3mg only is because I had a lot of it stockpiled from when I was dual using. It also let me chain vape to help keep my hands busy, which was the hardest part of quitting for me. After 20 years of having a cigarette in my hands, I just had problems breaking that physical habit.

Take the transition from smoking to vaping at your own pace. Nobody here is going to give you better feedback than what your body is, so listen to it. If it is telling you it is needing more nic, you should probably listen and increase your nic level to the point that you don't constantly crave. If your feeling bad, you may be over doing it (which is easy to do when dual using, and also makes it harder to know if your ejuice is strong enough for you). Take it slow, and if you feel panicked, set down and take a couple draws from your vape and calm down. We have all been there, it is the hard part, but once you get over the hump, you will feel much better, and feel better about yourself.

Thank You :)

Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
do you know one fun fact about free base nic and salt nics? Freebase : vape for 30mins, get relief for a while ~ Salt nic, keep taking 2-3 (maybe more) puffs per 5mins, make you an addict...you may not agree with me, but from life...what i'm sharing.

Nicotine salts differs with free base nicotine in that salts are PH adjusted. Nicotine Salt Solutions - Nude Nicotine

Second, I vaped nicotine salts for over a year. And guess what?

My Vaping Journey - And Ultimate Success

^^^ I quit vaping. I'm not an addict.. I don't even vape any more.

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Earth
margotqueen.tumblr.com
Nicotine salts differs with free base nicotine in that salts are PH adjusted. Nicotine Salt Solutions - Nude Nicotine

Second, I vaped nicotine salts for over a year. And guess what?

My Vaping Journey - And Ultimate Success

^^^ I quit vaping. I'm not an addict.. I don't even vape any more.

Congratulations, and please don't feel bad for my replies, I'm not okay due to migraine, feels like break everything near me, I never behaved this like here before, like writing whatever....disagreeing with everyone (almost)...You all are right and i'm the only looser cause I did it wrong and yes I should try nic salt and yeee I'll be quitting in an year

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I think the point here is there is no ONE WAY to successfully quit smoking by vaping. We all did it a different way. Experiment with gear used, eliquid nic concentrations, dual using or whatever. Whatever works for you.

Don't over think the problem. Be patient. Two steps forward, one step back. The end result justifies the means.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Congratulations, and please don't feel bad for my replies, I'm not okay due to migraine, feels like break everything near me, I never behaved this like here before, like writing whatever....disagreeing with everyone (almost)...You all are right and i'm the only looser cause I did it wrong and yes I should try nic salt and yeee I'll be quitting in an year

Your not "doing it wrong" so much as you haven't found what works best for you yet..

Lay down in a dark room and close your eyes and put a cool compress on the back of your neck and another on your forehead..

When your head feels better come back and talk.

I have chronic pain so i know that pain can put you in a bad mood..

Then we will all help you find what will work best for you.. sometimes you have to try many things to find that one thing that works best..

riddlesmyth

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Earth
margotqueen.tumblr.com
Your not "doing it wrong" so much as you haven't found what works best for you yet..

Lay down in a dark room and close your eyes and put a cool compress on the back of your neck and another on your forehead..

When your head feels better come back and talk.

I have chronic pain so i know that pain can put you in a bad mood..

Then we will all help you find what will work best for you.. sometimes you have to try many things to find that one thing that works best..

My main duty is now to sleep somehow, so my questions are answered I guess, If I don't reply means, I'm on that dark room haha, thanks everyone! :)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
My main duty is now to sleep somehow, so my questions are answered I guess, If I don't reply means, I'm on that dark room haha, thanks everyone! :)

I hope you slept good by the time you read this and are feeling better.

Here's the thing. I don't know everything you've tried yet, so I'm going to guess on a few things..

Have you tried a low powered device like the old fashioned ego?

If you have, what didn't you like about it?

Was the throat hit too much?

I'm asking questions because we need to decide what may work for you, and what will just be a waste of time and money. Hate to waste your time and money.

If a low powered device was hard on your throat, did you try a max VG juice in it thinned with a tiny bit of distilled water?

If you tried that how did it work for you?

How many mg of nicotine did you use on a low powered device? Have you ever tried 24 mg on an ego battery?

Since you can't vape a higher nicotine ejuice in a sub ohm device without getting nic sick, have you ever tried using some WTA ejuice?

Hopefully we can get some good suggestions nailed down for you.

It actually sounds like your problem might be two fold.. if you've vaped on a sub ohm device until your nic sick ans still craved nicotine then WTA ejuice might be helpful for you. Plus, you could be missing the feel of smoking, so during the times you crave an actual cigarette most, something small and low powered with high nicotine might better replicate a cigarette for you, and become more helpful in getting you away from craving at certain times like first thing in the morning and after dinner etc, or when your at work and only have a short time to get your nic fix in..

What's important now isn't to stress over when you want to quit vaping, but rather now you just want to find the place where your no longer wanting a cigarette..

Remember the saying = sufficient to the day is its own trouble.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
The reason of my questions "Why I still have cravings?" when i'm vaping enough....
There are other substances in tobacco smoke beside just nicotine that your body will crave; minor alkaloids / MAOIs and quit possibly even the carbon monoxide. How much of a problem this is varies from person to person.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Hey hi there everyone, I know its funny to ask this question in 2018...Still I was thinking. I'm vaping on SMOK's vape pen plus, 0.3ohm coil...Its somewhat 60-80 watt kit. So you can assume the vape from it. Now If vape 2ml out of this, 3mg = 6mg on the e-liquid in total, how much my body actually can absorb? On average I mean, everyone vapes in diff type I know, I'm blowing big clouds with it, nice kit...just some issues with battery, anyway, please lemmi know, thanks everyone :)

PS : Why i'm suddenly interested in it? Read this morning, some of em chewing nic gums with vaping...I mean, I know how weak I am to quit smoking, I can't control myself, I don't have any willpower and trust in me, but they'r "Self stated willpower masters" why theyr taking gums with it...And also please skip the basics, like I should start with 24mg nic etc etc, I'm vaping for 2 years now lol still confused due to not continuing it, but as you can see my last thread, I did it this time.

PS 2 : The dizziness is from the cigg withdrawal or i'm getting nic sick?

PS 3 : Do you recommend nic gums with vaping? I mean that even needed?

PS 4 : I'm confused...why people start with 36mg nic with a vape pen at first and then after a while they buy a higher end mod with 3mg juice in it? I mean you get 3mg out of that 36mg from that vape pen....So vaping 3mg on a higher end mod with more juice isn't = 36mg?

PS 5 : PS 4 is targeted on pods and people who tried ce4 type of e-cigs...I mean why everyone starts from a higher nicotine level where 3mg can deliver the same amount as 36mg in (maybe some more time) a high end mod. You just need to vape more right?

As you can see, a thousand going into my mind...Waiting for your reply and I'm having migraine pain right now, If I've unconsciously abused or wrote something wrong, I'm sorry, head is cracking very bad!

My very first bottle was 12mg, it was the highest I could get at that moment. I got some nic and jumped it up to over 20-24mg/ml. I soon found that gave me some wild a** dreams. When I had enough of the dreams I started to lower it, 18, 16, 14, 12, 10.... After 9 months I am just now switching from 5mg to 4mg. But I am also a chain vaper. I don't know your PG/VG ratio, but when I went to higher VG it was not good for me.

I don't know about feeling sick from the nicotine, I just remembered the dreams. I do remember 5/6 months in trying a cigarette once just to see what it was like. I could not get through half of it, I felt green with nausea, dizzy, it tasted absolutely horrible. I like some cloud, but I love chasing favor. No more tobacco flavors, Pina Colada, Fruit Cereal, Dragon Berry, Northern Unicorn, Unicorn Mothers Milk, Dragonblood Clone, Orange Cream, Root Beer, Strawberry Shortcake, Legend (Honeydew)…. chasing my flavor fix looking for the next pleasing recipe. Cigarettes are just nasty now.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you are having trouble raising you nic in that setup, try another setup. A less cloudy one. I couldn't vape 12 mg. sub0hm (and I tried) and I was a 3 ppd smoker. 18 mg/ml of nic salts does the trick for me in a smaller MTL device. There are expensive, high end MTL devices by the way, not everyone uses sub0hm setups, there are even crossover tanks like the Crown Uwell which offers many coil options including a 1.2 ohm coil. That might be a purchase to consider.

I also used WTA during my quit, it helped a great deal, it wasn't a magic cure all, but it DID help. I might consider it if you continue to have trouble. Its' pricy, but easier to taper off than cigarettes. i still keep some WTA around for stressful situations. It's worth it, to me, every smoker/vaper is different though. Good makers would be Aroma (priciest but the gold standard) and umbavapes or ohm's vapor, they are less pricey and some have found them less efficacious. I like all three vendors, although to be fair, I was using Aroma exclusively during my quit so not sure it's a fair comparison to the other WTA manufacturers.

Whatever you choose next though, keep calm,, keep vaping and keep remembering, vaping is a journey. Etc.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread