How much nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeaninem71

Oct 11, 2010
Missouri
The 120 ml bottles have no nicotine. The only thing I can find about the nicotine I want to buy is:

It is 99.9% pure nicotine
100mg/ml and comes in 100% VG or PG base.

Do the three 120 ml of 50/50 already contain any nicotine?
Nicotine base liquid comes in various concentrations. We will need to know what concentration you are going to use before anyone can answer your question.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
The 120 ml bottles have no nicotine. The only thing I can find about the nicotine I want to buy is:

You would add 7.2ml of 100mg NIC to each bottle which would give you 3 127.2ml bottles of 6mg ejuice. It make no difference if you buy it in PG or VG the choice is yours.

Last edited:

An important bit of terminology: 100 mg/ml nicotine base is actually about 10% nicotine. 99% pure nicotine almost certainly refers to the nicotine used to make the 10% solution. Pure nicotine is extremely toxic and should only be handled by trained professional chemists in a laboratory. And note that 10% (100 mg/ml) nicotine is strong enough that safety precautions should be used. Do read the stickies at the top of this DIY subforum before proceeding.

All that said, Sgt.Rock's math is correct; if you are using 100 mg/ml base, you would need to add 23 ml total to the 360 ml of liquid you have, making the final volume 383 ml, and you can scale that if using different base strength, e.g. 46 ml of 50 mg/ml base. It is highly recommended that, along with reading the stickies, you download one of the e-liquid calculators and learn how to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread