How not to drill out air holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xcighippy

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
OC CA
Went to my local B&M to pick up some juice. I walked out with a new Igo-W and a Turtleship mod! I hurried home excited to try it all out. Built my first ever dual micro coil set up and it came out great. .7 ohm all good so far.
First hit I wasn't satisfied with the tight draw. So I wiped out my drill and 1/16" drill bit and had at it. Two seconds later, the drill broke and I punctured my thumb with the broken part still in the drill!! Dammm!! that hurts.
Anyway I patched up my thumb with a piece of paper towel and some scotch tape and put the cap in a vise to continue the drilling with a fresh bit.
Lesson learned, always secure part to be drilled in a vise, not your hand!!

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 144
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 238
  • photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 162

yellowsnow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
New Mexico
Not to worry I did the exact same thing. Fill it full of peroxide a little ointment and should be good to go.

Went to my local B&M to pick up some juice. I walked out with a new Igo-W and a Turtleship mod! I hurried home excited to try it all out. Built my first ever dual micro coil set up and it came out great. .7 ohm all good so far.
First hit I wasn't satisfied with the tight draw. So I wiped out my drill and 1/16" drill bit and had at it. Two seconds later, the drill broke and I punctured my thumb with the broken part still in the drill!! Dammm!! that hurts.
Anyway I patched up my thumb with a piece of paper towel and some scotch tape and put the cap in a vise to continue the drilling with a fresh bit.
Lesson learned, always secure part to be drilled in a vise, not your hand!!

Xcighippy

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
OC CA
I have a lot of power tools through other hobbies and the first things I always do when working with saws, drills, routers or whatever spinning is wear safety goggles, secure each piece firmly and keep my hands clear of any danger. Don't be bored!

Your doing it all wrong jargon!

Just kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread