Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
He's the hero we deserve and the hero we need.
IODlowv.jpg

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I wish every vaper would watch this. This should be pinned somewhere, and new members should be prompted to view.

It’s surprising and frightening how little battery knowledge some people have. And it irks me when people encourage brand new vapers to go with external battery mods but give them no instructions.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    And it irks me when people encourage brand new vapers to go with external battery mods but give them no instructions.
    Yeah, experienced vets here have been doing this with newcomers since I joined. But, if they hung around here they had much info to choose from. If..

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

That is 14 Minutes and 32 Seconds that EVERY Person who uses an e-Cigarette Should Watch.

+1 for making this a Sticky.

It is also kinda Sad that OEM's and Retailers haven't played a bigger role in presenting this Level of Information to the Average Vaper.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Yeah, experienced vets here have been doing this with newcomers since I joined. But, if they hung around here they had much info to choose from. If..
    I do wish I could get my friends to join this forum.

The guys, who are younger, 30-ish, think they know it all.

And the women 40-60 seem to think they’re not bright enough to understand - they rely on me, of all people, to assist them. Mostly I can because I’m a bit more advanced than they are, but I’ve told them, for as much as I know, there’s five times more I don’t. But somebody does, and that’s why I’m here!

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    I think that this should be made a sticky thread also. It's kind of alarming when I think back to how warm the batteries used to get in my sigelei when I was vaping low ohm builds with crap batteries in....they were AWR's i think..it's not easy to remember.

They were definitely red though and to this day I can't tell you what the CDR was...eeeks :shock::danger:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Re battery wraps, bought two 21700 on Amazon. They do have some nicks in the wrap. Thought about dabbing some office "white out" to protect them. Thoughts and suggestions please.
    Yeah, no. How bout nail polish? And only if you don't have any other ways to vape.

• Agree
    Reactions: gandymarsh

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Re battery wraps, bought two 21700 on Amazon. They do have some nicks in the wrap. Thought about dabbing some office "white out" to protect them. Thoughts and suggestions please.
    For nicks in the wrapper I use a little scotch tape to cover them untiil I can get around to rewraping the battery.

I have an old VTC6 that managed to get a big tear in the lower half of the battery (negative end), I trimmed off the bad part of the wrap and put scotch tape around the exposed section. The battery is in a regulated mod with plastic sled so there isn't anything for it to short against, and it really didn't even need to be taped.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    IMHO, no on both the White Out and nail polish. I've read of folks who have cut a small piece of black electrical tape to cover a defect. I think that would be more acceptable.

But look folks, re-wrapping kits are inexpensive and easy to use. Most vape shops will re-wrap your battery free of charge or for a minimal fee. At the very least, purchase a NEW battery for $10 or less. Your face is that important.

And this is a good reason to have extra batteries around. You can never have too many batteries.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    Electrical insulation tape is ok as a temporary measure until you get some battery wraps and sort them out properly :)

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    Every vaper with an Internet connection should be subscribed to Mooch's YT channel. Minding Your Mahs (17), Minding Your Mechs (15) and now Battery Basics (3) plus Mooch News and assorted other vape related content - Battery Mooch @ YouTube

Here's his ECF blog - Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
    Thanks @Mooch :toast:

IMO we need a pair of emojis clacking cups of coffee for us ODAT folk

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY

Wait you bought battery wraps that had nicks or two rewrap 21700 batteries that came with nicks on them? That's sorta important and maybe I'm misreading your post.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    For 99 Cents and 10 Minutes with a Blow Dryer, I Don't see Any Reason to not Re-Wrap them.

Wraps - 21700 Wraps - IMRbatteries.com
    Get replacement insulators while you're there.
    They're dirt cheap and also essential.
    Wraps - IMRbatteries.com

Check and repair your friends' batteries when necessary and possible. Some of my friends are eternal optimists and some are downright clueless.

Someone I know was a news story waiting to happen.
    I confiscated these from him and check his batteries frequently now.
    17546652_1935244600039694_2790044114106621691_o.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread