Status
Not open for further replies.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Someone I know was a news story waiting to happen.
I confiscated these from him and check his batteries frequently now.
17546652_1935244600039694_2790044114106621691_o.jpg
Good lord. Does he have a working brain?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Check and repair your friends' batteries when necessary and possible. Some of my friends are eternal optimists and some are downright clueless.

Someone I know was a news story waiting to happen.
I confiscated these from him and check his batteries frequently now.
When my son was in town for Thanksgiving, I asked him if I could see what batteries he was using in his regulated mod, a SMOK. (Let's don't go there):rolleyes:

He was using an old MXJO and LG-HG2, with the wraps on both pretty ratty looking. He said the vape shop guy told him they were what he needed. I kinda freaked out. :shock:

We were staying in the same hotel room and had a laptop computer with us, and we watched a few of Mooch's You Tube videos together into the wee hours of the night. I could tell from his reactions that he was not happy with himself, which is a good thing I guess -- I had successfully made a strong impression on him about battery safety and it was sort of a rebonding experience for both of us.

I gave him a couple of my Samsung 30Q on the spot and told him to stop using his old batteries. I showed him how to find mine and Mooch's blogs on ECF by using Google for future purchases. Funny thing is, his online gaming buddies all vape and he has told them to find my blogs on ECF. I said do you ever read them yourself, and he said no. I said maybe its time you did. He said yes and nodded in the affirmative.

He is getting 4 new LG HG2 batteries along with plastic battery cases, as well as a Kroma/Zenith starter kit, from me for Christmas.

We have yet to celebrate our Christmas as we all live in different cities and it is difficult to match up weekends when everyone is off work on the same weekend.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
2 guesses at who this belonged to...
22228533_2038019446428875_4714946489525986982_n.jpg

"For real. One of my friends finally replaced his beat to .... RX200/Crown combo with a brand spanking new RX200S/Crown. It still worked sometimes but I think he'll be happier with his shiny new replacement."

He's a landscaper and trashes mods monthly in the Summer.
Yes, that's epoxy holding the (broken) glass together :facepalm:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
IMHO, no on both the White Out and nail polish. I've read of folks who have cut a small piece of black electrical tape to cover a defect. I think that would be more acceptable.

But look folks, re-wrapping kits are inexpensive and easy to use. Most vape shops will re-wrap your battery free of charge or for a minimal fee. At the very least, purchase a NEW battery for $10 or less. Your face is that important.

And this is a good reason to have extra batteries around. You can never have too many batteries.
Yep good batteries are fairly inexpensive, I really like rtd vapors and personally like the vct 5a = 8 bucks, vct6 = 775/ vct5=6 bucks/ Sam 30Q =650/ lg hg2= 675. Also 10 battery wraps =1 dollar. No excuses

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
That guy needs an Aegis.

I'd be ashamed to walk out the door with my mod in that state. I'm still recovering from the shock of dropping my Vaporesso Luxe on the floor and damaging the paint and loosening the screen.

Haven't dropped this. Yet.

IMG_7159.JPG

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
That guy needs an Aegis.
Legend kit with Aero tank & .2Ω GV mesh coils. He's loving it.
Guess where he got it. We'll see how long that lasts him.

He went through at least 15 Crown tank glass over the last few years.
I have 5 spare straight Aero tank glass tubes for him but he'll need more :lol:

Reactions: jwbnyc

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I love @Mooch . Thanks, Mooch, for keeping us safe! And yes, it should be a sticky!

I never bought a battery without consulting his charts. And never will. I also believe that every vape shop owner should have Mooch's chart at their shop--preferably displayed somewhere where everyone can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread