Status
Not open for further replies.

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
I spent 27 years of my life doing what I loved to do, law enforcement. I did feel I was helping but I was never naive enough to think I was changing the world. Most of us live and die without doing that.

I've met a lot of good, caring people here on ECF. One in particular I, along with several others, thought let's do something to show our thanks. So we asked him, tell us what we can do for YOU for a change. He said thanks but if you want to help, help those that need it most.

So I started researching the help he wanted to give and the more I searched, the more I realized why he said what he did. The world is in rough shape. Wars, earthquakes, tsunamis and famine all around us. The world economy in shambles. Unless you were born wealthy, like most of us, you live from pay check to pay check.

My 27 years dealing with life and death daily left me pretty hardened to reality until I saw a photograph that changed my perspective. This photo showed a vulture sitting few yards away from a small child that was so weak he couldn't do anything but try to drag himself to a food station a few hundred yards away. The vulture was waiting for lunch too.

Did that child ask to be brought into this world? No, not anymore than the rest of us did. Ignoring the need doesn't make it go away. We can't save the world but we CAN help feed a few children. Yes money is tight but would 2 dollars keep you from eating? Or paying your light bill? We're talking the price of a cartomizer or a cheap plastic drip tip.

How would your 2 dollars get to a child that needs it? There is an organization that has shown in annual audits to put 81 cents of every dollar to direct help of children in need. It's not a religious group, it's not a political bureaucracy and it helps starving children on every populated continent. It's called ChildFund International. Check it out here: ChildFund Mobile

To prevent the possibility of abuse or improper handling, ECF rules don't allow donation funds. But it doesn't matter if the help comes in one donation or 2 dollars at a time. All that matters is that the help is given. Please consider this request. You wont be saving the world but your help can help save the world of a child who literally needs help to keep from starving to death.

Hype? Melodrama? Please, take 5 minutes of your day and see for yourself. This thread is simple. Nothing said here can change anyone's mind. What I am hoping is that there are many more like me that were not aware of just how bad this is and how much help a couple of bucks can provide.

Thanks for your time to read all this and thanks to all of you that choose to donate. The only person that will benefit from your donation other than the children in need is yourself. No matter how cold and cynical this world is, sending 2 dollars to feed starving children will benefit you more than anyone else but the kids themselves.

Scarlet Fire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2010
Terrapin
Thank you so much for posting this thread! I'm constantly amazed at the paltry news coverage being given the catastrophic situation in the African horn.

Donation sent. It's easy, folks. You can donate through a text message and the amount will be added to your next cellphone bill.

I know we have a lot of caring and generous ECF'ers. Let's keep this going!

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
Thanks guys! I know we all live in a harsh world and times are tough for us all. But the two dolars that is a cup of coffee for us or a cartomizer? That can feed a child for days.

ECF has wonderful people, most who are helpful to others. Yes the world has goten more harsh in the 57 years I have lived on this planet and there is so much we cannot control and cannot make a difference in.

This is different though - We each can literally save a childs life with no more than a text message. Think about that please. If your child was starving, what extremes would you go to? I can't say because I have never seen that but I do know that these children are starving and we can do something about it.

Some may say, it's not my problem but I beg to disagree. They are the worlds children, on every continent. We aren't promoting welfare to keep a child from starving. We are only doing what any human being should do and help where help is needed. :)

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
Come on guys and gals! Two minutes of your time and two dollars of your money can change a lifetime for these children! I am reminded of a line in the Charles Dickens story of a Christmas Carol. The old man looks at the bottom of the Ghost of Christmas Present and sees two boney, starving children.

He asks the ghost if the children are his. The ghost replies, "No, these are mankinds children". So it is with the children we seek to feed a little here. We didn't bring them into the world but they are ours.

Thanks and please post here if you make a donation. It will be appreciated more than any if us know. :)

sachavaca

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
west coast
howmuch of the proceeds go to the cause?. There are already many reputable foundations available and some that 100

what percent of the proceeds go to helping the children?. already many reputable foundations available some even send 100 percent of the proceeds to children. overhead cost covered by volunteers. being a police officer does not always mean public survant. I once got a ticket for failier to stop at crosswalk in front of a school. All he did was write tickets. I formed a petition to prohibit parking within 25 feet of the sidewalk so motorists could see when ppl were at crosswalk. Had to go to court and get the ticket dropped. So who was the public survant, Dam sure was'nt the cop!!!.

Scarlet Fire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2010
Terrapin
howmuch of the proceeds go to the cause?. There are already many reputable foundations available and some that 100

what percent of the proceeds go to helping the children?. already many reputable foundations available some even send 100 percent of the proceeds to children. overhead cost covered by volunteers. being a police officer does not always mean public survant. I once got a ticket for failier to stop at crosswalk in front of a school. All he did was write tickets. I formed a petition to prohibit parking within 25 feet of the sidewalk so motorists could see when ppl were at crosswalk. Had to go to court and get the ticket dropped. So who was the public survant, Dam sure was'nt the cop!!!.

Way to turn a humanitarian effort into something all about you. If you can find a charity that is able to deliver food and medical assistance to the people starving in the horn of Africa at 0% overhead, please provide us with the name of that particular charity.

While you're looking for that, I hope you'll think about the fact that there are well over a million people who would gladly exchange their problems for yours.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
exactly Scarlet.

sacha, there are people that work to those organizations. These people want money to serve their families. Thats not bad at all. But we pay those people to serve the small children. You do the same when you hire a woman to take care of your child when you are out of home. The same we do for those children. We hire people to protect those children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread