Status
Not open for further replies.

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
Already been posted elsewhere and I can't take credit for this, but can verify that it helps quite a bit. They (Smoktech) must have heard the complaints and jumped straight from 1 to 3 holes, when 2 probably would have been best because 3 is definitely too much. Stick a round toothpick in the middle hole, break it off, and sand or shave off the nub that sticks out after you have pushed it in a bit. Ta Da! 2 holes. Still too much flooding? Plug up another hole.

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
Yeah, it's much easier. Just shove it in hard and break it off near the surface and push down. Shaving off the remainder only takes maybe 20-30 seconds. Until ST brings out the 2 hole punched cartos, this is probably the easiest workaround until you've used up all your stock, unless the three holes work for you. For me, they always saturate before I get through half a tank, if not sooner.

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
My solution was to go back to punching my own holes. To me, that seems easier than plugging with a toothpick and shaving it down. Although, I know there are people that probably have a lot of the 3-holes on hand and have to work with what they got.

I agree and the workaround for me is mainly for stock left on hand as you mentioned. I have no plans to purchase more pre-punched (by ST) cartos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread