how to fix your Vision Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
so i liked the looks of the Vision Blade i heard bad things about it, but whatever im a person who likes to tinker with things. i figured so what if it sucks, (i payed $20 with shipping) no big deal i will drill some holes in it until it vapes right and if that wont work i can use it for a paper weight. the big issue with this thing (out of the box) is that it only fires about half the time. so after a few days of messing with it trying to find the cause of these problems i determined there are 2 main causes of the failure to fire issue so often reported with this mod.

1: the switch had a plastic lip blocking it from fully extending and making contact with the center post.

2: the 510 threads are deeper than most, this means the center post is lower and will not make contact with some devices.

here is how i corrected these problems.

1526279_729778533707410_1546723566_n.jpg the first thing you want to do is remove the battery and battery tube and find something that will fit into the 510 connection. then place the body of the mod up right on the table and gently pushing down with the screwdriver on the center post until you here a snap or pop.
1496609_729778467040750_726128902_n.jpg then unscrew the cap and look at the bottom of it. the black part will be sticking out a bit or it fell all the way out on the first try. this is what comes out and needs to go back in. if its sticking part way out use your fingers or pliers to gently pull it the rest of the way out. nothing should come flying out across the room.
1479176_729778423707421_1763340147_n.jpg now this is the switch it self, im pushing the against the spring to show the contact. this contact would NOT come all the way out of the hole its in because the hole was narrow at the top. this prevented it from making a solid connection with the bottom of the center post. i took a pocket knife and carefully cut away the rim at the top of the hole. this allowed the contact to travel completely up and out of the hole. making a decent connection with the center post. once again nothing will go flying across the room.

putting it back together is a snap just put the center pin in first and the switch behind it. press hard with your hands or gently use pliers to put the switch back into the cap. ( putting a rag in the jaws of the pliers will help prevent scratching )

i would say this could be done in under 10 minutes with things you probably already own. :vapor:
1512826_724998527518744_1083489742_n.jpg

Last edited:

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
thank you ^ in the last 24 hours since the "adjustments" it has never failed to fire once. AND the body of the mod does not get hot. before the body would get too hot to handle after about 10 big lung hits on my 1.0 ohm RDA. now its totally fine after 30 or more rips. i thought that was odd but looking at the photos you can see a black dot in the center of the contacts this tells me it was arcing across them. 0_o... in a few days ill open it back up and check out the contacts to make sure everything is running smoothly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread