How to know your coil material and set it correctly on your box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua DeMott

Sep 28, 2016
Explanation and Scenario
I searched around and couldn't find an answer that helped me directly with something I'm trying to figure out. I have a Koopor Primus 300w triple battery in-series box mod and I'm using the TFV8 Atomizer with the Rebuild-able engine. I put the engine and coil stats below.

v8 rba Head
  • 18mm Build Deck
  • Two-Post, Dual Terminal Design
  • Turbo: 4.0T-X
  • 0.28ohm Fused Clapton Dual Coil rated for 50~140W
I see it uses Clapton coils stock which are what are installed, I looked up Clapton coils based off that information and couldn't find what exactly it's made of besides that it could be one of three materials they use i suppose.

My options in the vape settings are as follows.

TC-NI -Assuming that is kanthal with Nickel plating?
TC-TI -Assuming that is a kanthal with titanium plating?
TC-SS -No clue what that means...

Main Question:
So basically What setting should i be using?

In conclusion:
I have seen a lot of things close to this subject but nothing was a confident answer to my issue and i would like to know confidently that im vaping with the best coil setting for my coil. Thanks for answering and helping me to grow into a better understanding of this system. Feel free to be technical i can understand it. If anyone is experienced and also uses or has experience using the kooper primus could give me detailed or recommended settings for the best flavor, cloud, and smoothness of the hit would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton -Josh

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The way to determine the metal of your coil is off the box the coils came in. If not metal type is specified (Ni, SS), it's almost certainly Kanthal which is used in wattage/power mode only. Obviously, if you make your own coils you'll know exactly what's in there.

A general rule on wire. Kanthal wattage only, Ni and Ti, TC only, and SS, which will work in either TC or wattage mode.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
What Eskie says.

Also, TC stands for Temperature Control, these are 3 different temperature control settings, for:

TC-NI = Nickel, not to be mistaken with Nichrome (Ni200)
TC-TI = Titanium
TC-SS = Stainless Steel

No plating, they're all massive.

It is most likely that that Clapton coil is kanthal for which you would use neither of those 3 settings. Unless you can confirm it's a different wire I would set it to wattage/power mode, start low and work your way up till you find your sweetspot.

Reactions: MikeB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread