How to multiquote

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Is there a way to multiquote passages in a post that I highlight within a post? I can multiquote multiple posts, but when I click reply with quote, I get entire posts and then have to cut and delete to trim everything down to just what I want to respond to.

It would be nice to be able to highlight a section of a post, click multiquote or reply with quote, and have just that desired section to appear in the quoted text. The only other way I know of is to cut and paste into notepad and then copy that into my reply. I've seen this done with references in bold to the original poster in each quote. Are people doing that the hard way or is there a simpler way to do it?

Any suggestions?

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
There may be a VBulletin plugin that can do that but most of us just use the quote and snip technique. If there is enough demand I can talk to Roly about investigating alternatives , but the forum has several long standing issues that have a higher priority on the "todo" list.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Thanks, OldSoldier. It might be good on a "one day" list. Being able to quote just a snippet instead of a long post could save some space on the forum, especially when you consider how many posts are here. Highlighting a couple of sentences instead of four paragraphs could add up in savings on storage space if the feature were made known in a login message with a link on how to do it.

I've spent considerable time searching for a how-to section on multiquoted forum posting. A tutorial would be nice for all the features available. There's also that new quirk where you have to deselect a checkbox to post a picture from a "copy image location" reference. If you don't uncheck the box, you get "invalid url".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread