The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How to on Cotton Wicking

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by iz2sick, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. iz2sick

iz2sick Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Burbs of Detroit
    Hey guys, just thought I'd share how I wick my coils with cotton. I've been getting good feedback from people that are now wicking this way. Let me know what ya think!

I'm a part of a group called Cloud Chasers Inc now and we have been doing videos like these and plan to do more. We cover everything from battery safety to battery vent tests (please do not try it yourself).

https://www.facebook.com/cloudchasersinc

2. emus

emus Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2009
    Excellent. I wick very similar minus the cloud and U; I'll give that a shot next go. Many say cotton wicks expand but a fluffy wick can collapse; especially larger wicks like 3/32". I also pack coil fairly snug so wick doesn't collapse. If wick collapses or is just too loose, as determined by off taste or burning, I use a needle threader to pull a little more cotton through coil. I have also pulled a few strands out of a choking/burning wick w/o needing to rewick. Smaller 1/16" coils seem more sensitive to exact wick compression in coil. All about finding the perfect snugness in the coil.

I am collecting spent batts and plan some don't do this at home batt vent tests from a safe distance. I plan to use car batt to excite the batt and check for venting. I am anxious to see your vent tests.

3. iz2sick

iz2sick Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Burbs of Detroit
    Thanks for the support! We have begun doing these videos to help ease some of the irrational fear surrounding sub-ohming. We aren't trying to make it look like the safest thing in the world, rather we want to educate so people understand that it's not as dangerous as some people irrationally think. We even obtained data/test sheets from battery vendors like Sony, Efest, and LG. These sheets show us the exact specifications and capabilities of these batteries as well as the extension quality control testing that they do such as compression damage and drop tests. Fascinating stuff.

4. emus

Jun 9, 2009
    Good job. I see thread after thread about sub-ohm fear mongering and every now and again a thread where cigalike or cigaralike batt actually exploded. Usually on the charger. People should also have a dose of respect and take safety precautions for their cigalike batts which may be a less safe chemistry.

When do you plan to film some batt vent attempts?

Be safe and vape.

5. emus

Jun 9, 2009
    I used to live in 11 story apartment at corner of !-75 and 11 mile. It was east of I-75 and south of 11 mile. Wonder if it's still there and if 11 mile is still safe. 8 mile was a little rough back in the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.