The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How to properly dissassemble a 801 battery???

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by TommyGunBC, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TommyGunBC

TommyGunBC Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2009
    Vancouver B.c.
    I just totally destroyed a 801 passthru battery trying to get the connector off , so I could make a Juicy box mod but it just wouldn't come free , I have 2 more batteries I can sacrifice or is there another easy connector I can use other than the phone jack as I don't wanna have to alter it .

2. macpanda

macpanda Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2009
    Geneva, IL
    with my 801 the connector started to get loose so i just screwed on a 801 atomizer and turned it tight and shaked gently to get it out. i cut the wires and re-soldered it. Hope that works for you :)

3. TommyGunBC

Jan 28, 2009
    Vancouver B.c.
    well screwing on a atomizer and didn't work it seperated the outside casing of the atomizer a little though ,hopefully it will still work :confused:

anyone else have any other ideas ???

4. Kate

Kate Moved On

Jun 26, 2008
    UK
    I used a blow lamp to heat the glue and threads on an atomiser to take apart, it made the job a lot easier.

5. TommyGunBC

Jan 28, 2009
    Vancouver B.c.
    What is a blow lamp Kate , is that like a propane blow torch ? tiger torch ?

6. Kate

Kate Moved On

Jun 26, 2008
    UK
    Yes, a butane torch.

7. panderson01

panderson01 Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2008
    Woodburn, Oregon, USA
    If you don't mind sacrificing some of the tube length, here is what I did.

Using a hack saw, I cut the tube about 1/2" from the atomizer end, then with cutters, I cut into the part of the tube left on the atomizer end with side cutters and basically pealed the tube off. This left the atomizer end in good shape.

I am using this to create my manual switch passthrough for my pen. I got it all together today but am having some kind of issue and ran out of time to get a meter and test it. Once resolved, I will post a thread of the results on the Mod forum with pictures.

-Paul

8. panderson01

panderson01 Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2008
    Woodburn, Oregon, USA
    Well, I couldn't figure out what the problem was so I went back to using a Radio Shack box, jack and switch and abandoned the tube idea.

9. Extremeodd

Extremeodd Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    Yeah the tube is a pain in the .... to work with. Thats why I like the "juicy" box style setup. I got my connector out via screwing into my weak atomizer real tight (not overly of course) and holding the atomizer very firmly as close as I could to the battery and wiggled it back and forth with a good amount of force, these connectors are pressfitted in so you have to make the tube warp a little to get it free. Now I just gotta master replacing that damned pressure switch (both of my "dead" batteries were fine, the switch was soaked)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.