How to reduce harshness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Don't give up. I do tobacco mixes and it takes a few tries to get one you like (and yes... they have to steep at least two weeks) By the way, you can mix a regular tobacco with caramel and vanilla (basically what RY4 is) I never really liked (TFA) RY4 D. I also like a "nutty" note in my tobacco mix so use (FA) SoHo and (PUR) sweet tobacco for that, then a pre-made plain tobacco (because I'm having trouble finding a DIY one I like) and add caramel and vanilla (until I find a good RY4)
You might try one of the (FLV)... Flavorah regular tobaccos (haven't tried them but they make really good ones) or like me, try (FA)... Flavour Art SoHo, then add (JF)... Jungle Flavors RY4 (has great caramel) and any good vanilla cream (I use VT... Vape Train)

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Just did a search for a clone... they are all old threads and you can find much better flavors than those to use. One possible solution is to find a simple pre-made tobacco juice and add caramel/vanilla. Naked makes a couple decent ones: American Patriots (bold "western" style) and Euro Gold (mild sweeter)
Are you sure you mixed your nic/VG/PG correctly? There are online calculators for that. Too much nic can be harsh but you would know because you would feel crappy (nic sick) Just had to ask.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
there are a few things that can cause harshness

sometimes it is just the flavor that you are using
but usually it's the pg level...higher pg = more throat hit, higher vg = less throat hit
it could also be the nic that you are using, are you using freebase and the juice you used to buy was nic salt?
or it could be that you are mixing a higher nic level then what you are used to (this usually also causes a peppery taste if using freebase nic)
me personally I do not like a throat hit at all so I buy nic salts in 100% vg and then mix at max vg, I never add any pg to my mixes because keep in mind that the flavorings add a bit of pg themselves (unless you specifically buy flavorings in vg)

I would up the vg level the next time that you make it
and you might want to after making the juice and shaking the crap out of it, let it sit for a day or so with the cap off...maybe the flavoring contains alcohol...
if you still find it harsh you can add a drop or two of vg to your atty
if using a tank and you find that the juice is too thick and isn't wicking right, you could add a drop or two of distilled water to the tank to help thin the juice out to wick better...I use rda's so don't really have that issue.

• Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
JW 120ml E Liquid By Uncle Junk's - Plenty of Vape
Still showing as available...but not confirmed with an order.

I was gifted a bottle of this from a vendor here in Spain. Tango Ejuice - EL SUEÑO DEL PIBE 50ml
3929944585.jpg

It tastes like a cousin of the Jon Wayne, perhaps less honey and not nearly as custardy sweet, but about as close as I have found to a JW replacement.
If they sold a concentrate, I would buy it, but since going DIY, the price of "ready to vape" juice is hard to stomach.
IMO, ignore the name and the BS marketing description...it's meaningless.

Cheers
I

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Hell, i steep my DIY RY2 for six months, I also use no more than 5% flavouring. Any more than 5% is overwhelming.. After 6 months the flavour is well rounded and sweeter.
As for the 'harshness', you may find that it's an ingredient in the flavouring - if that's the case there wont be a lot you can do about it other than reducing the percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread